Content

1, 2  >>

MESSING WITH UNREAL ENGINE

emirh08 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, June 30, 2014

Just been learning the basics of the unreal engine 4 also rigging and animating, rigging can get so frustrating :/ anyway here is the progress so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O9e23xia5A

quick fly tset, off to sleep now Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJaL2pAJZlg

Acaryus Cutting-Edge View user's profile Send private message

Looks unreal! Keep it up. Smile

Acaryus wrote : Looks unreal! Keep it up. Smile

Haha thanks but It's only maybe 3 hours of messing around with the engine Smile

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

haha! Good start Very Happy.

Aravind wrote : haha! Good start Very Happy.

haha cheers brah

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 02, 2014

just a little update coded/blueprinted a day and night system to run fast to show off the stars and sun lighting and colour I did, took only 10 minutes to script

here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFSBH5kjOkE

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Why do you keep recording with your phone? Use a screen capture tool. Although a streaming tool primarily, I believe OBS can handle local recording if you don't have access to Fraps or another 'mainstream' application.

Reply with quote Thursday, July 03, 2014

Zeth wrote : Why do you keep recording with your phone? Use a screen capture tool. Although a streaming tool primarily, I believe OBS can handle local recording if you don't have access to Fraps or another 'mainstream' application.

That's he beauty of it with the phone it's 5mb and I do it because I can show it to someone very quickly instead of waiting 2-3 hours to upload with using fraps or other methods, basically I'm just to lazy and why would I for something of a project this small?

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Looks like you're having the same issue I was having with the day/night cycle when I was testing it out, where the "sun" is casting light through the ground when it's underneath the terrain...

Still trying to figure out how to fix that myself, it just ruins the effect otherwise...

Shenku wrote : Looks like you're having the same issue I was having with the day/night cycle when I was testing it out, where the "sun" is casting light through the ground when it's underneath the terrain...

Still trying to figure out how to fix that myself, it just ruins the effect otherwise...

yeah I think its so do with the metrial that's is used shouldn't be to hard of a fix haven't even tried to fix it yet, you can also get a better effect be changing cloud radius for night

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

I suggest you to use bandicam.

That's he beauty of it with the phone it's 5mb and I do it because I can show it to someone very quickly instead of waiting 2-3 hours to upload with using fraps or other methods, basically I'm just to lazy and why would I for something of a project this small?

Well, mainly because I cannot really tell what's going on. Hard to know if certain parts are low-quality because of the video or otherwise. Also, it should record instantly and upload at the same rate you are uploading your existing videos. They are all just encoded files, after all.

Zeth wrote :

Well, mainly because I cannot really tell what's going on. Hard to know if certain parts are low-quality because of the video or otherwise. Also, it should record instantly and upload at the same rate you are uploading your existing videos. They are all just encoded files, after all.

think it like this, I only wanted to show a really cool guy something really quick like in 1 minute quick so I cbf do do anything else -.-

think it like this, I only wanted to show a really cool guy something really quick like in 1 minute quick so I cbf do do anything else -.-

I understand what you are saying. I just cannot fathom how recording with your phone and uploading is any different (or faster) than recording with your computer and uploading -- especially since the latter actually maintains clarity on the source without being washed out and difficult to distinguish.

Zeth wrote :

I understand what you are saying. I just cannot fathom how recording with your phone and uploading is any different (or faster) than recording with your computer and uploading -- especially since the latter actually maintains clarity on the source without being washed out and difficult to distinguish.

haha Zeth -.- think it like this I don't have any screen recorder installed, and also think of like this as well would you rather me screenrecord a video of me doing a gian <rap or a phone recorded version? what I'm saying in the ended it doesn't matter as I'm not taking it seriously haha Smile

Had about 2 more hours to play with the engine today a lot more time then I though I would get *laughing out loud* anyway I have added particle effects and sound to them effect, since this video I have already started creating mêlée and next is ki blast which shouldn't be to hard.

http://youtu.be/nfWqPfEiejM

and with sound Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgSzagdjg0E

Acaryus Cutting-Edge View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, July 04, 2014

Recording software: Potato
Good job by the way

Reply with quote Friday, July 04, 2014

Acaryus wrote : Recording software: Potato
Good job by the way

*laughing out loud* that's why I used fraps on the first link haha

Reply with quote Saturday, July 05, 2014

Shenku wrote : Looks like you're having the same issue I was having with the day/night cycle when I was testing it out, where the "sun" is casting light through the ground when it's underneath the terrain...

for this you have to open the surface you don't want the sun to relect of or a little just lower it go to light nd light brightness and just lower it

Reply with quote Monday, July 07, 2014

another quick update, don't forget I don't have any animations for flying added :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK_2zfx97yM

GoldenWarrior View user's profile Send private message

Why do they fly like bananna's?

GoldenWarrior wrote : Why do they fly like bananna's?

*laughing out loud* no animations yet and speed in that vid was really low speed is now fixed but still haven't added any flying animations :/

Reply with quote Tuesday, July 15, 2014

optimising the stuff out of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D-qkB5kQiI

mantis tubogan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, August 04, 2014

Any new progress?

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]