Content

Revision 1913 Question

Lysheria View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, July 08, 2014

So, I have a question about Revision 1913.

I really love its new Features, such as Flight Boosting (Holding Ki Boost while in Flight Mode), The Ability to transform mid attacks and just by holding V + Scrolling on the Mouse Wheel.

Now, the problem with this Revision is that some characters don't show all their moves available, even when their moves were there in the stable revision (1536). Now I understand it's not a stable revision so there's going to be some bugs, so this brings me to this question.

Is it possible for me to somehow copy these features over to a earlier revision or ZEQ2 game. Like Revolution or Ultimate Storm.

Or is this built into the EXE? If so, would replacing the old EXE with this new one add in these features? or are these features (like the new Camera for example) added in via Loose Files in the ZEQ2 Folder somewhere?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated Smile

TonicDBZ View user's profile Send private message

Nope, not possible.
Some moves doesn't show its a bug maybe.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

1. All these features are in the code and like you said it's "unstable" so that's why the rev 1536 is not updated.

2. Revolution, f, etc... All gamepacks are made from rev1536.

3. Replacing the application would create more bugs or just doesn't work.

If you want all these new features, we need a coder to improve them then update the stable release.

Then most of the characters that are actually on 1536 gamepacks won't work because of the new camera system.

I can stay all the day to say more but I think you understood x)

That's why I always say a coder is needed to the project, because it's harder to code than animate/modelise. (and again, I don't complain!)

Ah Gotcha, Thanks for explaining Smile

Was just curious because I love the new systems added. Makes playing so much more interesting.

I DID notice the Camera bug with a FEW characters that I had added. But not on many.

I guess I'll just stay with the regular Rev 1913 and keep the Gamepacks for other times for now.

Thanks ^^

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

In all honesty, taking code from the development revisions and back-porting them to the stable revision is rather counter productive.

Essentially, you're trying to take an incomplete engine out of a Corvette and trying to stick it into a Camaro. Since the Corvette engine's incomplete, it's not going to just magically "work" simply because you put it into a different car. What you should do is leave the Camaro alone since it's a perfectly functional vehicle as it stands, and finish building the Corvette instead so you can drive the nicer car.

Yeaaa I kind of realized that a bit earlier, I guess I just really wanted to use the new features with my favorite addons Razz

But I understand now.

Also nice comparison *intense laughter*

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Nice exemple with the chevrolets shenku x)

Lysheria, like I said, most of the characters won't work because of the new camera system.

tvirus06 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, July 12, 2014

I love the latest build, the new camera system, etc. Are amazing... Just wish they would work on the bug's and make this the new stable version..

Reply with quote Saturday, July 12, 2014

I made a list of bugs I saw. (I certainly forgot some x) but I think it's okay)

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Another bug I encountered is during online, if you try to beam clash with someone then you're character will start to lose health even when the clash has ended gradually and you cannot move forward, back, up or down, you can move side to side and charge you're energy but you cannot attack or anything like that and the other person is forced to find and start a rather interesting conversation with you just to reset you're character.

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 16, 2014

yeah I got totally stuck too after a beam struggle. Then I died with no reason...

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]