Content

Landing Map Night Help

Lysheria View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, August 10, 2014

So, I was looking far back in the addon pages, and I stumbled across a Landing Night Map. Pk3 file.

I read that it replaces the Landing map so I just placed the Pk3 file in the ZEQ2 folder like usual. Loaded the Landing Map, and I got excited because the Display Picture was the Night Map, but when I got in, It was still day time.

However, some of the textures on the ground looked like they were changed for a night/darker lighting.

Now here's my question, and I understand this map was maybe made for an older ZEQ2 lite revision, but is there anyway I can get this working?

Any help would be much appreciated!

here's a link to the original Thread:
http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1566&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=landingnight&start=0

download link is on the 2nd page ^^

Reply with quote Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bump?

Anyone? I apologize if I seem hasty I just really wanna get this working as I've yet to see a Night map fully released and I love fighting at night.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

I never edited maps part of ZEQ2, but I'll try, I don't promise something..

TonicDBZ View user's profile Send private message

That map only works on public beta 1

Ah okay thanks SAS! I wish you the best of luck ^^

@Tonic:

yeah I figured it was for an earlier revision considering the date of the post.

The Pk3 works sorta its just that the actual lighting and sky are still the same. Objects/Building and Select Image are night.

If it was a map that replace the actual one it's normal.. If it has advanced lighting system etc...

What I'm trying to do is to (download the program in the first place *intense laughter*) do a separated map with these kind of settings. I think if I don't put any lights it should works with night textures.

Richma View user's profile Send private message

I tried to not replace the landing but my brain is currently sleepy 01:08 a.m here

anyway I have replaced it successfully Razz

EDIT: I forgot to add the map as attachment so now you can download it extract and replace the files from the .pk3 file with the ones that already exist(current landing map) you won't need the .pk3 file once you've extracted and replaced everything

Wow!

Thanks Richma!!! <3

May I ask quickly how id extract the Pk3 file?

*Shot* Sad

Edit: OOOP! Nevermind, figured it out. Opened it with Winrar ^^

Thanks!!! <3

Edit 2:...

okay...so I opened the Pk3 with Winrar, extracted and replaced. It seemed to work fine till...

Edit 3 (Final):

GOT IT! Apparently I had another Grass image file in Landing that was PNG (The orignal) and the one from the Night was jpg. So I just deleted the original and it works! <3

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Oh nice one richma Very Happy

I'm still trying to separate them, so both will be playable Smile

You're welcome and it is possible to seperate I'll try that too, my mind is fully working now compared to last night Laughing

Arf, I was going to do it *intense laughter*

But if you do it's sure it'll be a success Smile

sorry I wasn't able to make them seperate and in a way I did seperate them. I have added all landing original files but renamed them and everything that is inside them to Raditz as you see on the image but once you load the map it will keep the nightlanding textures, yes I have also edited the shader so that it loads textures from Raditz map folder and I don't know what else to try to make it work so you guys try to get help from someone that knows more than I do Razz

Reply with quote Thursday, August 14, 2014

Quake 3...

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

sorry I wasn't able to make them seperate and in a way I did seperate them. I have added all landing original files but renamed them and everything that is inside them to Raditz as you see on the image but once you load the map it will keep the nightlanding textures, yes I have also edited the shader so that it loads textures from Raditz map folder and I don't know what else to try to make it work so you guys try to get help from someone that knows more than I do Razz

The "night landing" map I threw together was really just texture overrides. You'll need to recompile the landing map with different shader paths to keep the assets unique.

Gokua View user's profile Send private message

Lysheria wrote : Wow!

Thanks Richma!!! <3

May I ask quickly how id extract the Pk3 file?

*Shot* Sad

Edit: OOOP! Nevermind, figured it out. Opened it with Winrar ^^

Thanks!!! <3

Edit 2:...

okay...so I opened the Pk3 with Winrar, extracted and replaced. It seemed to work fine till...

Edit 3 (Final):

GOT IT! Apparently I had another Grass image file in Landing that was PNG (The orignal) and the one from the Night was jpg. So I just deleted the original and it works! <3

you don't really need to extract the .pk3 just put it in the folder "ZEQ2" which is located in your games folder, then open the game and open your console with "`(under the ESC)" and type for example: /map laststand

Reply with quote Friday, August 15, 2014

Gokua it doesn't work well that way...

How the love does it works ?... Why there's no more download feature for maps when connecting to a server with a map you don't have ? What happened.. All was well set on Quake 3 :\

What the love is this compilating thing, for MAPS ? Shocked

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : How the love does it works ?... Why there's no more download feature for maps when connecting to a server with a map you don't have ? What happened.. All was well set on Quake 3 :\

What the love is this compilating thing, for MAPS ? Shocked

What you need to recompile is the .bsp file if I'm not wrong, how to do I don't know so look for a tutorial Razz

I mean, I it would be awesome to have this as a seperate map so you could choose between Night and Day.

But, it seems that's a difficult task in itself.

I tried it as well since everyone else seemed interested but I had little to no success as I'm a uninformed participator at this stuff.

All I can do is swap attacks/models/skins/textures for attacks and change values in the tier/phys/grfx files.

I am going to continue trying and improve my skills in ZEQ2 as I'm trying to create my own perfect ZEQ2 for private ussage using only the best Addons and my own tweaks.

I hope to contribute...insight/opinions/feedback at least to the community.

It saddens me that ZEQ2 seems to be dying somewhat, as its a game that has a lot of potential.

I understand that its using a limited engine but a lot can still be done (I hope...)

I have a friend whos amazing with code so I might ask him to look into it and see what he can do with it Smile

Eitherway, the Night map works GREAT! Zeth you did an AMAZING job Smile

In Quake 3/q3ut4 it was less complicated..

if you can't or don't want to seperate those maps try making a day/night cycle that would be even more cool Cool

Reply with quote Saturday, August 16, 2014

... yeah with the moon that does an interaction with characters transformations too..

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]