Content

Shenku's Speed Addon Challenge-Contest!

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Alright, I'm bored and want to slap something together real fast. Something perhaps different/quirky.

So with that in mind, the first person to reply to this thread with a character they want me to make will win, and I will make that character as quickly and cheaply as possible. But first READ THE RULES!!!:

THE RULES!

1) Time limit for this character is 1 hour. After that I will stop work on it where ever I am and upload it and all corresponding files, where it'll be your job to finish it. Once that 1 hour deadline hits, I'm done. Hopefully with a finished character, but no guarantees on that. Note that the goal of this isn't just to make the character, but rather for me to test "how quickly" I can make it. Giving myself an hour deadline seems like a good way to test my skills so I know where I'm at, or if I need to practice certain tasks more...

2) To help ensure I can complete the character within an hour, the Character MUST be creatable using pre-existing SVN assets(or if needed, assets I have created previously, such as Chi-Chi's head for a female character). Examples include character meshes(Vegeta's Armor, Goku's pants, exc.), animations(Frieza, Goku, Piccolo, Saiyan Saga Vegeta, exc.), and attacks(Spirit Bomb, Final Flash, Kamehameha, exc.). Model modifications can and will be made to make them fit together, and as such, some more extreme changes can be made, such as making a female Saiyan character(utilizing my Chi-Chi head as a base). Hair will be adapted from another already existing character, so if you want a specific character's hair style(existing on the SVN), be sure to specify, or I'll just pick which ever fits based on character head choice. Essentially, I will be pulling from any of the already existing assets to modularly build this character. Simply put, it's an extreme "Edit" character, but with more pizazz.

3) Animations and attacks must be utilizing the same source for optimal appearances(I.e. Vegeta's animations with Vegeta's attacks, NO Goku's animations with Frieza's attacks, or any other absurd combinations...). Basically, NO NEW ATTACKS/ANIMATIONS!! Meaning no :Final Banghameha Bomb" type made-up attacks... Stop it. Just... Stop it...

4) All textures will be minimally touched, so things such as additional tiers that require completely redone texture colors (Kaioken) will be very hastily and sloppily done(Hue/Sat adjustment on the entire image...). If you want something that'll look better, you can recolor them yourself. Don't have Photoshop? Download Gimp... It's free....

5) This character will have a maximum of 2 tiers (adapted to whichever existing SVN character tiers most suitably fit, literally going to copy/paste them...), if Saiyan, that means most likely "normal" and "Super Saiyan". Else if you want Kaioken, see rule 4 about recolored textures... And no "Super Ultra Mega Saiyan 9,001" transformations!

6) The character will be built and tested using the Current Stable Revision and will work for offline-local use as normal, but as always it's up to individual server hosts if they want to add it to their roster of character addons...

7) Finally, there will only be one winner(the first poster to reply with their character), all other characters will be ignored. Also, anyone who spams my PM box with messages about this contest or with character requests will be disqualified from this and all future contests I may/may not hold in the future. This (presently) is a one time deal, and I do not want people spamming me with requests, nor do I want people spamming me in general... Keep calm, and don't Spam.

TL/DR: First to post a character that can be made with existing SVN assets with minimal editing will have that character created by me as much as possible within an hour timeframe, and uploaded today. First post only, first come first serve; there can be only one(*ignores the Highlander music that starts playing...*). Please read the rules before posting!

Now without further ado, let the game begin.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Waaw.. Can you animate cell first form :3 ? Most is already on the svn.

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Waaw.. Can you animate cell first form :3 ? Most is already on the svn.

Hasn't someone already done that? And I did list in the rules "no new animations", which means I'd have to use an existing character's animations, which is less than ideal...

If cell 1st form was animated it would be in game, and I talked about anims that are in the svn Smile (if they are usable)

Well then, I guess I'm working on Cell's 1st form then, going to use Frieza's animations(and copy over Kamehameha and Special Beam Cannon), since I think it'll work best for a base animation placeholder...

Starting... Now. See you in about an hour...

Thank you. ^-^

Or... I could just export what's already on the SVN... He's already rigged and animated... You sure someone hasn't already released him in some form.......?

Nope.. Nevermind, I'll let someone else request their characters Smile

I'll try to see what I can do with cell Wink

Richma View user's profile Send private message

There is an old Cell first form but it's bugged and has missing textures or something so your task it pretty much to make it better without bugs Razz

Updating/fixing a character isn't hard, but making an unanimated one playable is pretty difficult (if you don't have the tools/experience)

I think, using this opportunity for this is a waste when a new character can be animated. Smile

But completing ZEQ2 characters list was only me *intense laughter*, there's still peoples that want their dreamed character to be made. Smile

I was just saying that there is an old cell addons but if Shenku can animate the vintage one without bugs that the old one has that would be great

I hadn't understood. It smells the request :p

lacking Max 2011... Froze once, exported super slow, and only got as far as replacing the tail animations with Frieza's(to avoid random tail rotations through the chest that were... Suggestive...), and exporting the upper and lower meshes... No head exported, no skin files, no shaders, no animation file... Well trash...

Well, I think I'm just going to finish it up real fast anyways since I've already started the export process... But yes, the original intention of this was to make a "dream character". Something new, original, a hodge-podge of random character elements thrown into 1 brand new character... Seeing as how my hour came and went with most of it spent waiting on Max to load, reload, export, re-export, and me staring at the screen impatiently while singing Linkin Park songs to my cat(who stared at me as if I was crazy...) until I could do the next step, I think I might try this again later and give myself a little more time than a single hour... Perhaps 2 hours would give more breathing room...

We can wait you don't have to rush it. Count only the time when you really work without export, re-export, load process and you'll still know how fast you are Razz

Alright... Between Max constantly locking up on me when half the time when I go to export the upper(trying to fix the weapon tag....), exporting taking 5-10 minutes for each mesh, Max glitching out and freezing portions of the screen when I right click in the viewport to pull up a menu, and the .md3 file randomly corrupting and deleting/obliterating geometry into stretched jumbled spaghetti, I'm going to have to call this a bust and say that Cell just isn't meant to be added.........

I'll try again later when I'm not sweating to death, my laptop isn't risking overheating, and Max isn't threatening to set off an improvised explosive device every time I try to just click on something in the viewport...

So since I can't for the life of me remember my password for the SVN, I'm just going to upload this here instead, if someone else wants to pick up where I left off, feel free...

Patch notes:

Added slightly modified version of Cell's 1st imperfect form, created with 3DS Max 2011; Added tag_floor, setup selection groups for each export mesh(UpperExport, LowerExport, HeadExport), attached Weapon Tag to Bip are Hand instead of Bip Pelvis, edited materials/groupings, added morph target to the head mesh to close Cell's mouth(he was going to catch flies like that!), changed tail animations to match Frieza's.

Edit: The texture files are all in the SVN...

Gokua View user's profile Send private message

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Updating/fixing a character isn't hard, but making an unanimated one playable is pretty difficult (if you don't have the tools/experience)

I think, using this opportunity for this is a waste when a new character can be animated. Smile

But completing ZEQ2 characters list was only me *intense laughter*, there's still peoples that want their dreamed character to be made. Smile

no it's not hard to make a unanimated character playable there is an easy way just rig it in maximum 15 minutes and then just get a file with animations done and export it to the character done animated character... *laughing out loud*

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 20, 2014

>Gokua

With misfit ?... Misfit require same amount of bones in the model if I remember right..

>Shenku

Thank you, I'm trying to test Smile

It's seems like everyone has problem with the svn's password *super mega extreme intense laughter*

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :

It's seems like everyone has problem with the svn's password *super mega extreme intense laughter*

Apparently according to Brad, my username seemed to have gotten deleted from the SVN somehow... Definitely odd...

Reply with quote Friday, August 22, 2014

Ah, okay..

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]