head.md3
icon.png
lower.md3
PoweringUp.ogg
tier.cfg
upper.md3

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, August 21, 2014

You can technically run it with 3 independent pieces, but you'll probably want to combine it to a single mesh instead. While you could work from the md3 files to some extent, it'd be much easier to get the source .max files off the SVN and work with those directly. After you weld the parts together, you'll also probably need to re-rig the mesh before exporting to fbx for use in Unity. Make sure your uvmaps preserve while welding! Also, don't forget to assign a unique material to the body/head/leg areas.

catcherrye2 View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote : You can technically run it with 3 independent pieces, but you'll probably want to combine it to a single mesh instead. While you could work from the md3 files to some extent, it'd be much easier to get the source .max files off the SVN and work with those directly. After you weld the parts together, you'll also probably need to re-rig the mesh before exporting to fbx for use in Unity. Make sure your uvmaps preserve while welding! Also, don't forget to assign a unique material to the body/head/leg areas.

thanks,but the resources under SVN\Media\Characters are Incomplete,some have bones and skins ,and some not have

so my way is using addons,try to import them into 3dmax

by the way,which software should I use to import md3 and weld and export as fbx?

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Honestly, it's not very efficient to import the MD3 files just to re-export them as FBX files simply because the MD3 files have no bone information saved, only vertice positions(which Unity doesn't use, I don't believe...), so even if the addon is animated and the SVN .max files are not, none of the animations the addon has would carry over back into any 3D software, let alone Unity, so you would have to rig and animate it anyways.

Plus, unless you really know what your doing, it would be nearly improbable to rerig the addon's meshes from their default frame 0 poses(with the character all curled up in a ball), which is all you will end up with unless you know how to export the mesh from specific frames in an MD3 editing software (such as Misfit Model 3D).

Using the source files is both easier, and faster for what you want to do. Start with some basic Youtube tutorials if you're not sure how to rig or animate, it's really not as hard as it seems, it's just time consuming to do right. Once you get the hang of that, then you can start worrying about how to export into Unity.

Reply with quote Thursday, September 11, 2014

Shenku wrote : Honestly, it's not very efficient to import the MD3 files just to re-export them as FBX files simply because the MD3 files have no bone information saved, only vertice positions(which Unity doesn't use, I don't believe...), so even if the addon is animated and the SVN .max files are not, none of the animations the addon has would carry over back into any 3D software, let alone Unity, so you would have to rig and animate it anyways.

Plus, unless you really know what your doing, it would be nearly improbable to rerig the addon's meshes from their default frame 0 poses(with the character all curled up in a ball), which is all you will end up with unless you know how to export the mesh from specific frames in an MD3 editing software (such as Misfit Model 3D).

Using the source files is both easier, and faster for what you want to do. Start with some basic Youtube tutorials if you're not sure how to rig or animate, it's really not as hard as it seems, it's just time consuming to do right. Once you get the hang of that, then you can start worrying about how to export into Unity.

thanks!
there are so many addons
http://www.moddb.com/games/zeq2lite/addons

but no source files
what a pity!

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, September 12, 2014

By source files you mean the code ? All is on the svn. But I don't think unity can read c :\

It only reads c#, unity script and java script if I remember well.

by the way, the addon page you linked contains simple addons that doesn't require code, most are only files edits, just in the case you didn't know.

Reply with quote Sunday, November 23, 2014

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : By source files you mean the code ? All is on the svn. But I don't think unity can read c :\

It only reads c#, unity script and java script if I remember well.

by the way, the addon page you linked contains simple addons that doesn't require code, most are only files edits, just in the case you didn't know.

By source files you mean the code ?

no,I mean .max files,then I can export to .fbx which can used in unity Immediately

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 24, 2014

I think it is possible to convert .md3 to .max with the 3dsm 2010 md3Import/export.

You can still try that.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]