Content

1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  >>

Pokemon Lite Blue

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 05, 2009

Because the dream thread nielsmillikan posted is getting a bit and unorganized, I'll continue here.

The plan is to create a real time action Pokemon modification of the ZEQ2-lite engine.

Nielsmillikan has started modeling a bulbasaur and I decided to pitch in too.

Meet charmander:

Now before I continue on this model.
Should I also make this model up into 3 parts or is that not necessary per se? Only if you want to have seperate animations per part, right?

eugensan View user's profile Send private message

not bad !!!

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : Because the dream thread nielsmillikan posted is getting a bit and unorganized, I'll continue here.

The plan is to create a real time action Pokemon modification of the ZEQ2-lite engine.

Nielsmillikan has started modeling a bulbasaur and I decided to pitch in too.

Meet charmander:

Now before I continue on this model.
Should I also make this model up into 3 parts or is that not necessary per se? Only if you want to have seperate animations per part, right?

okay, what is the end goal? That you play as an pokemon or as an trainer that can throw pokeballs ?

Soul_Huey View user's profile Send private message

no *intense laughter* you play as a pokemon and you do special tiny snuggler powers

It would primarily be the pokemon getting into action.
But that doesn't exclude some kind of catching mode.

Almost done UVW-mapping. Here's a picture for the ones who don't know what that is.

by the way what do you guys think of the name: PoQemon-Lite

naturemon View user's profile Send private message

nah...kind of blank name..I think you need letters that stand for something like Earth Special Forces...PZM? Pokemon ZEQ2 Modification? so it would be PZM-lite...I wish I could help with this...seeing I did play pokemon for a long time..I think you should make pikachu and squirtle next, and with the ZEQ2 engine(yes I know it's not technically "it's" engine) use the transformation ability to make the pokemon evolve..

mrjoe94 View user's profile Send private message

If the "Evolve" thing gets implemented make it take possibly DAYS of playing one one guy seeing as it doesn't happen so quickly *is embarresed about playing/watching this stuff while I was younger*

You shouldn't be embarassed about playing the games, they're good rpg's. Watching the anime is another thing though. Wink

Implementing a level-up system into a real-time action game is kind of hard, you'd almost have to make it a mmorpg for that.

I agree with that, the games are pretty cool but the anime...wow....kid show much? Ohh and what did you think of my name for the game? *laughing out loud* and also instead of "levels" why not enforce a type of system that involves how many kills you get, for instance 1 kill= 1 level? It would be much easier to do and while that's out you can work on the whole leveling system.

Charmander is pretty much finished. Only some little touch ups on the texture left.

Now I'm wondering if I could get 'em ingame. Probably not.

Shane View user's profile Send private message

This is so crazy
Will the maps need to be tiny though?
I think the Bleach idea would be better.
Except the game would be based only on the mêlée sytem mostly.
Chramander looks good How will you get the fire on his tail?

yeah the fire isn't finished...also shouldn't you separate the parts like all the other ZEQ2 models? then it probably will work 0.o

Yeah I need to find out how to do the fire. Probably with alpha maps and animated textures. Anyone who can help with that?

In help do you mean like post multiple textures of fire that when together move? because I might be able to find this on the internet..

naturemon wrote : In help do you mean like post multiple textures of fire that when together move? because I might be able to find this on the internet..

No. Help to actually make that into a model.

Hmm, maybe you can make a 3D fire and make it animated? As I searched the web I don't see anything..

The-Kakarotto View user's profile Send private message

I probably won't like Pokemon Lite because there won't be mêlée and it won't be action packed like Bleach or Dragon Ball Z

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

Wow TRL. Its really good. I'll try to find something regarding the fire. Try testing him ingame by replacing Goku's head to see how it looks.

@ kakarotto

Instead of mêlée something much better has been planned. Also some characters like mankey or machop will have basic mêlée.

not to mention charmander has scratch as his first move...duh?

divinemaniac with a fake title View user's profile Send private message

Yeah good idea. And will there be a system to change pokemon??? And for the evolution, I agree with the idea to count the no. of kills just like in Bid For Power, you transform after winning. You've played Bid For Power haven't you?

I'm pretty sure more than half of the people here played at one point, I however have not.

The-Kakarotto View user's profile Send private message

Well I have never actually played Pokemon before and never saw Charmander in the Pokemon anime because I lost interest. Quickly.

Reply with quote Sunday, December 06, 2009

Ohh, well then just know this, about 95%+ of all pokemon have at least 1 mêlée technique...one that ALL no matter what pokemon it is can learn is tackle.

DanteCruz View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : You shouldn't be embarassed about playing the games, they're good rpg's. Watching the anime is another thing though. Wink

Implementing a level-up system into a real-time action game is kind of hard, you'd almost have to make it a mmorpg for that.

SNIFF SNIFF I smell SNIFF SNIFF I smell that dungeon crawler game mixed with ZEQ 2 lite real time action SNIFF SNIFF or it could be me SNIFF SNIFF yep it is me :-p

ROB ZOMBIE Yeah, I am the brains. View user's profile Send private message

beautiful

1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]