Content

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Flame Aura Test

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hey! Smile

For the overrideHead thing it blocked too even without the auraAlways when I tried to animate Brolly and nello's Goku Super Saiyan 3 hairs.

For the nomipmap, I see what you mean, but it's not about a non static maps but the render at a certain distance that can affect performances. On the maps side, this is what I talked about:

*watch the picture*

This game is Quake 3 based (q3ut, alias Urban Terror)

The map isn't moving but the render of full textures that are far can reduce performances. (other exemple, minecraft, that even use few mipmap levels)

The problem on the characters side, is that it use the mipmap even when the camera is very near, that definitely decrease the quality. Quake 3 engine and even low computers can handle that at least.. (most ZEQ2 characters use nomipmap now and there's no problem about performances, the only things that decrease fps of low computers are explosions and sprites/particles)

The Mipmap system is most used for the render distance, less for dynamic models because it doesn't really affect the performance. Except if there is 30 peoples in front of you 'Neutral

I'm not saying I'm in the truth, it's theorical as well, I'm saying that because I have myself a low computer and I'm used to play on 640x480 extreme low with cfg tweaks etc.. Laughing

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Well I'm not saying that they don't or shouldn't make use of it just because the map is static, I'm just saying that most of it is pre-loaded where as the player-characters are loaded during runtime and can be changed, dropped, added, swapped, spawned, despawned, respawned, exc., at any time. And each of those characters can spawn particles, meshes, and physics based objects on demand(attacks, auras, exc.), each of these adding additional things to be processed that is far more likely to bog down the game than the map alone unless the map is very poorly optimized...

Anyways, the maps in ZEQ2-Lite should already support it though, and if you'll look at the shader files, they actually do make use of the nomipmaps configuration setting, which I would think means that they can use mipmaps already(if "nomipmaps" isn't set for a particular shader).

The question is not if it supports mipmaps on the maps, but instead whether or not they are properly being swapped based on distance from the player's camera viewpoint(this goes for characters too), which is a bit trickier to check from just fiddling with settings...

As for the "overrideHead" function, I tested it quickly using Raditz changing each of the settings on and off and looking at the differences, and those were my results, but I suppose it may be different depending on how the character was made, tagged, and animated though... Either way, the override function doesn't seem to be working correctly.

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

OH MY GOODNESS,, make another thread for your topic please.. too much

Reply with quote Friday, August 29, 2014

OH MY GOODNESS,, make another thread for your topic please.. too much

But it is the same subject *intense laughter*

(if you want to watch it, make it full screen)

Hair Animation Test - Mod Dragon Ball

This is my simple hair animation(Yet hard to make)
it's a bit laggy in video, in the game is much smoother

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Mipmapping is a technique for increasing performance at a distance by using lower resolution textures as needed. It uses more memory (since it has to generate extra textures at runtime), but this is fairly negligible on a semi-modern PC environment. It has nothing to do with scenes/levels themselves and is primarily related to the materials/drawcalls used (quake 3 shaders in this case).

In majority cases, ZEQ2-lite doesn't use beyond 512x512 textures. There are still plenty of areas where mipmapping can be used to fine-tune performance; however, utilizing them on characters causes some nasty blurring of many of the finer ink details. This could be counterbalanced by precisely controlling (increasing in this case) the distance at which a new mip level is used engine-wise, but such an implementation has not yet been constructed.

OverrideHead was a keyword Dave had added at some point. I cannot recall the exact specifics of it, but I do think it relates to how head animations are handled in conjunction with the other two parts. I believe it was used to prevent large character heads/hairs (like Raditz) from penetrating the body on animations like raising power level. Assuming he properly documented it, you should be able to check the SVN commit logs to find out more.

The issue relates specifically with the overridehead function in the animation.cfg and the "auraAlways" bool being set to "true" in the tier.cfg. For whatever reason, when both are being called, it messes with the head animating properly, and "freezes" the animation unless you're specifically "boosting".

The conflict here is indirect. AuraAlways tells the game you are always in a "use energy" state whether you are using the action or not. The animations for that state are flagged as on persistently as a result.

Mipmapping is a technique for increasing performance at a distance by using lower resolution textures as needed.

I wasn't far. Smile

>Kris

His hairs looks like they are alive *intense laughter* You should make the go in only 1 direction to make a wind effect.

by the way, why the character is turned to the left on idle ? Confused

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :
I wasn't far. Smile

>Kris

His hairs looks like they are alive *intense laughter* You should make the go in only 1 direction to make a wind effect.

by the way, why the character is turned to the left on idle ? Confused

if you watch his hair in movies, his hairs doesn't go in one direction, so I used this as a reference but it's hard http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m88vjpZAoI1r8tyjfo1_500.gif

why turned left? I rotated his body like this http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001887433/2936938369_k4c58gj1_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

if you watch his hair in movies, his hairs doesn't go in one direction, so I used this as a reference but it's hard http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m88vjpZAoI1r8tyjfo1_500.gif

WOW! Good luck ': D

why turned left? I rotated his body like this http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001887433/2936938369_k4c58gj1_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Ahh, I see. Without knowing and seeing it from back it does a little weird *intense laughter*

EDIT: For this kind of anims you'll need more vertices.. You'll have too cut every spikes and make them again, more detailled. Not hard, but long... Or you can do only 1 spike, copy paste and resize.

Reply with quote Saturday, August 30, 2014

anyway.. ground animation is finish.. I'll just fix his pants though and add some FLAME AURA now

Idle ground animation finish - Mod Dragon Ball

yeah, pants looks like Buu *intense laughter* But the rest is very good Smile

EDIT:

WAIT A MINUTE, I HAVE JUST SEEN, DID YOU FIXED THE Super Saiyan 4 LOWER ?!?! o.O'

Or maybe you have the first one :\

hey guys could you help me with this BUG? seems like there is something wrong
(Full screen to watch properly)

Flame Aura test bug - Mod Dragon Ball

what ? oO It seems like he farts fire from his shoulder !Surprised

Never seen that, do you remember what you did before it happened ? (sorry I never used deformvertex autosprite, I don't even know what it does..)

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : what ? oO It seems like he farts fire from his shoulder !Surprised

well, it's a "TEST" kiddo

well, just texture testing.. I think I should take better texture

Blue Flame Aura Test - Mod Dragon Ball

Reply with quote Sunday, August 31, 2014

What are you trying to test ? Confused

Richma View user's profile Send private message

I think soon we will see the real Super Saiyan God Aura, keep it up you're doing great Cool

Richma wrote : I think soon we will see the real Super Saiyan lloyd Aura, keep it up you're doing great Cool

I have to see nello's Super Saiyan God to study it.. I want the model and script, I don't care about his textures.. but this dbzfan001 and ZEQ2dbzfan(the lacking in identifiable function addon editors) took nello's Super Saiyan God .. *Sigh why them.. he should've gave it to me.. I would do better than in Group ZEQ2 Dragon Ball Z Warrior.

I think nello's account is HACKED by THOSE two N.OOBS editors and took his Super Saiyan God. nello's account in moddb is online 4 days ago and now. why would he not fix is game now? think of it. why would he join into that Warriors group than than the AKT? I mean look at the works of Warriors, just bad edited characters with bad shading with bad attacks. his account is hacked by them. they just made his account joined into the group so that we will think that he gave his Super Saiyan God to them

Richma View user's profile Send private message

There are 5 options:

1.Fake account
2.Real account got hacked
3.He accepted to be in the group
4.He doesn't care if he is added in that group
5.To be added in the group there is no request needed to be accepted so he is there

Let me explain. Rolling Eyes

First, Nello gave his ssjgod because he was already losing motivation and most because he was spammed/harrassed by dbzfan2000 Rolling Eyes

Second, these 2 guys doesn't know anything in advanced informatic and less in hacking discipline.

Third, I regret to say that, but it really is nello's account, only him can tell us why.

Fourth, if he was added by force, why kris and me are still out ? I don't think there is a way to add a person to a group like that..

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Let me explain. Rolling Eyes

those two are ticklish pickles that explains everything

giggly for gai ? Well done word filter. Rolling Eyes

by the way, it smells that the remaining members of the akt that are still on the forums will have few pms soon. Rolling Eyes

dbzfan2000 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, September 15, 2014

I didn't harss him I asked him sicly maybe you should try at asking NELLO!!.and I'm not I good drawer so I would rule at making a model.and adleast it gets warm where I live so I'm not in side all day on I computer like kris

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, September 18, 2014

why not try the 3D aura of Earth Special Forces ?

Reply with quote Thursday, September 18, 2014

>Najeeb

which one ? *intense laughter*

I tried to do something like this but it's quite hard to make and MUCH MORE to animate. :<

It's not even sure the animations will be displayed as smooth as on HL1 engine..

I think improving the tag aura system would be better than making a model. It would avoid to load it IG and it would be easier to make.

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]