Content

Help!

LeoLeonardo View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I've been having numerous problems with ZEQ2's master server list. This problem has been happening with all my ZEQ2 versions. I have ZEQ-Lite and ZEQ2 Gold Revolution

Here is the list of what I've done to try to fix this problem that won't work

- I've done the sv_master1 thing every day, doesn't work at all

-resetted my ports (this worked when I resetted them, added in the master server patch it worked, but then when I went to host my own server, it did work but then all a sudden didn't work and the server list wouldn't come up when refreshing, now when I reset my ports again and add master server patch, it doesn't work at all

-allowed through firewall

-when I switch ioquake3 ip to destinduel ip, that works, it's the only servers I'm connected to

- tried the idsoftware ip

-did the heartbeat command

-allowed through antivirus

-attempted to fix through unplugging and replugging wifi cord

It's like ZEQ2's server list just doesn't want to work now. Please need help

leogone View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, October 16, 2014

Check if your ping isn't too high.
Download the Master Server Fix.
There's a command to use on the console, I can't remember that but all what I know is with that command you can connect into the Stable Server.

And if you still have these problems, try to find IPs of servers, and enter to them manually.

LeoLeonardo View user's profile Send private message

I've been using the fix, it doesn't work, I mentioned it with resetting ports

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

The fix is already in these gamepacks. The /cl_master command is lacking in identifiable function since it's already on the right master by default. As leogone suggested, try to find servers by typing their ip in play --> specify.

You can still try to turn off your firewall temporary then try again to see if the rule you created was well made.

Many peoples have problems with the master server, but there's many ways they can happen.. It's quite hard to know what's going on. :\

ashleyhardy View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 20, 2014

hi can anyone help how to create a mêlée server only?

Reply with quote Saturday, December 20, 2014

You need to remove all the skills of each characters.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, December 23, 2014

There are multiple master servers out there for Quake 3. After decades of running, they eventually do tend to go down. The master server "patch" really was just a config file change to point to a new server. If that's gone down as well, then you'll simply need to find another master server.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote : There are multiple master servers out there for Quake 3. After decades of running, they eventually do tend to go down. The master server "patch" really was just a config file change to point to a new server. If that's gone down as well, then you'll simply need to find another master server.

Considering the age of the engine, and the possibility that some master server support could end/has ended, how hard would it be for us to setup our own master server to keep the project from becoming handicapped by non-functional servers?

>Shenku

Ha ha, good luck. :p

It's that, or changing the engine.. :strangeserious:

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : >Shenku

Ha ha, good luck. :p

It's that, or changing the engine.. :strangeserious:

Well it's a legitimate question. Eventually we may be forced to have to setup our own master server just out of necessity.

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The questions, will be "what's easier to do" and "what will be better for the future".

Creating a master server is good, but changing the engine to a recent one, would maybe already give us one in plus of the other advantages. (new formats/features, more contributors, less constraints)

It would maybe even give motivation to everyone.

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I had a whole post typed up, and then my web browser ate it, so I'll sum up what I was going to say instead:

Switching to a new engine might offer us more features, and better longevity in terms of handling the server side of things than IO Quake 3 has, but it would basically require us to rebuild the ENTIRE project in the new engine. This is much easier said than done, as it's already been tried several times, both in Unity as well as Unreal, and has yet to result in anything akin to what ZEQ2-Lite is now, whether through lack of interest or lack of notable progress.

Reply with quote Thursday, December 25, 2014

It's a blessing in disguise. Just look at ZEQ2-lite's history. Except the bind fix and the code update, the last update was 1 year ago, and it was a map.. Most are quitting and not much are coming. This project has for goal to train future developers, but today developers are already no longer working on Quake 3's engine. (I feel Zeth coming and saying "it's totally false")

I know it's hard after all the work that was done, but ZEQ2-lite is stagnating.. Many think it's dead already.

ZEQ2 changed it's engine many times and now you are talking about unity, this one seems to stay long and having many advantages (it's even optimised/made for new devs).

We already have something, is that good to trash ? Or maybe it was kept for this kind of moments ?: http://ZEQ2.com/webBuild/ZEQ2.html

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]