Content

1, 2  >>

Texturing(creating outlines)

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, November 07, 2014

Yo, anyone here using MAYA or Blender?

How can I create a Smooth line for a Character?

Reply with quote Saturday, November 08, 2014

Problem solved..

Question: how many pixels that ZEQ2-lite limits?

I Tried 2048 pixels but it didn't work.. I tried 512 pixels it worked but I want to give it more pixels

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Brolly Legendary Super Saiyan has 1024p textures. But even with 1024p textures, if the model has bad tex coordinations, it will render beautimus..

just tried 1500 pixels.

in blender, you can coordinate texture pretty well.
so there is no Problem for me. the only problem now is the MD3 EXPORTING. Sometimes when I export, there are no texture coordinates and the model is little, and when I scale it big and save it. it says "too many vertices"

Some exporter works good, but there are no texture coordinates. And sometimes , it doesn't save animations.

3ds max or maya is good but you need money

Problem solved.

MD3 exporter fixed.
-can save texture coordinates
-animations

Reply with quote Sunday, November 09, 2014

You don't need to buy 3dsmax to have it... There cracks and student versions (I have the last one, but the problem is that it's a 2013 version that doesn't accept the md3 exporter, but you still can download the 2010 on the site I think.)

mj_98 View user's profile Send private message

This download link for Max 2010:www.4shared.com/get/F7_Jb6Gi/Autodesk_3ds_max_2010.htm

mj_98 wrote : This download link for Max 2010:www.4shared.com/get/F7_Jb6Gi/Autodesk_3ds_max_2010.htm

nah, I have blender now.

3ds max is too complicated for me

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 10, 2014

Just as a good practice for textures, you should try to only make textures in resolutions that are Power of 2, some newer engines get finicky if you go outside that, or use oblong texture resolutions, and sometimes it might mess with the way the UVs are displayed in-game.

And by Power of 2 I mean resolutions such as 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, and 2048x2048 which are the most common. You should avoid using anything higher than 2048 anyways unless you're working with something that will be pre-rendered in Max/Maya/Blender, such as an animated short, they're impractical for real time rendering, and in some cases not even really usable by the engine, but can be nice to have for a pre-rendered cutscene or the like.

Now I think about it, it was same for the roq files ? (intro video/textures)

Ahh quake 3...

Shenku wrote : Just as a good practice for textures, you should try to only make textures in resolutions that are Power of 2, some newer engines get finicky if you go outside that, or use oblong texture resolutions, and sometimes it might mess with the way the UVs are displayed in-game.

And by Power of 2 I mean resolutions such as 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, and 2048x2048 which are the most common. You should avoid using anything higher than 2048 anyways unless you're working with something that will be pre-rendered in Max/Maya/Blender, such as an animated short, they're impractical for real time rendering, and in some cases not even really usable by the engine, but can be nice to have for a pre-rendered cutscene or the like.

what? but I tried 2048 and it didn't worked on ZEQ2-lite f3, but I think in your Official game, it will work.

by the way, you guys should try to remove Camera Free Look while flying.. because we want to move the character while moving the mouse, we don't want to move the Camera while moving the mouse. and it has bad view scene while flying.

no offence, I am just suggesting. but good work guys

If it's same as roq files/Quake 3 intros, maybe it's because of the weight of your file (error: frame too big for Quake 3 engine)

You can still split your texture in parts to avoid the problem but, bof..

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :
You can still split your texture in parts to avoid the problem but, bof..

it's okay, I am using 1500x1500. it renders good.

I am going to make a tutorial for blender in ZEQ2 soon. I hope after my project

DBZkrisfhugz wrote :
what? but I tried 2048 and it didn't worked on ZEQ2-lite f3, but I think in your Official game, it will work.

I was saying 2048 more as a general rule for any game engine. ZEQ2-Lite supports 1024 at the highest I think, but honestly for the limitations that the engine has, you should try to keep textures to 512. They use less memory, render faster, and overall are better for something as fast paced as ZEQ2-Lite can be, especially considering how many people around here have older computers that can't handle as much.

Besides, keeping the dimensions the same as the other textures keeps things more consistent so folks making newer addons know how big to make the textures.

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Plus, even with a good coordination, I never saw the difference between 1024 and 512. And who will stop to zoom on the character and watch after all..

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Plus, even with a good coordination, I never saw the difference between 1024 and 512. And who will stop to zoom on the character and watch after all..

there is a difference. textures will get blur if the original texture was 1024x1024 and you tried to make it 512, if you are near at the character in NORMAL range of ThirdPerson 53.333. and it's not about good coordination. it's about Unwrapping the UV.

There is a big difference, just compare GokuHD and Goku ZEQ2 f3 at the same Range of 53.333.. there is a difference in outlines in texture, even it's a small difference. Great textures makes ALSO the great quality of the game.

I can even see the Blurriness of your Vegito Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two) at HD view http://www.moddb.com/members/wh1t34gl3sas/images/vegettont5-v090-fs

it's 512x512? or 1024? neither two. there is a big difference if you compare to this right now http://www.moddb.com/members/dbzkrisfhugz/images/comparing-textures

texture is 1500x1500. now there is a difference.

-"oh gamers won't even zoom on the character, they don't care"
I say, when the "auraAlways" is not True in tier.cfg/Aura Cfg . The textures gets blur and gray and I can almost see the textures. so, if you have HD textures. you will not have that

but if you had unwrapped the UV by 512x512, still good,

there is a difference. textures will get blur if the original texture was 1024x1024 and you tried to make it 512,

Never talked about a conversion... And I could correct some parts on models by coordinating textures.

On gokuHD I can see the pants as same as ZEQ2-lite's Goku. It's very effective only on smaller parts like the head or the boots.

I can even see the Blurriness of your Vegito Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two) at HD view http://www.moddb.com/members/wh1t34gl3sas/images/vegettont5-v090-fs

You can see it blurred because of the close view, and because how textures are drawn. The lines are a little lipid at the packs and the gradient there isn't well managed. (surelly my bad, but I already told the reasons) On others textures/characters it isn't that blurred.

If you don't mind, show the texture you made, I want to verify something.

And since when auraAlways affect textures ? Oo

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 12, 2014

[quote="Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)"]

And since when auraAlways affect textures ? Oo

:facepalm: I said when the AuraAlways is not TRUE. I did not say auraAlways affects the textures :facepalm:

when AuraAlways is turned off. there will be white Shadings when you press TAB and makes the black outlines in the textures GRAY AND BLUR if you have bad UV unwrapped.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW TEXTURES ARE DRAWN. IT'S ABOUT HOW THE UV UNWRAPPED. no matter how bad you drawn, if your UV IS UNWRAPPED GOOD ENOUGH. IT'S STILL HD

Loook HOW BAD DRAWN IS MINE IS!!! BUT STILL IN HD!!!!!! http://www.moddb.com/members/dbzkrisfhugz/images/comparing-textures

Reply with quote Thursday, November 13, 2014

:facepalm: I said when the AuraAlways is not TRUE. I did not say auraAlways affects the textures :facepalm:

You hadn't mentioned aura boost while aura always off... So, for me, it meant without aura boost the texture had something less, you now the next..

I don't see any difference in the "outlines" of the textures with aura boost or aura always.. For me, it looks same.

On your texture I see big resolution + low gradient(less seen, almost only black on the lines), for me, these two things explain how it looks more neat in game. But the problem of doing textures without gradiant is that you'll see more the pixels and lines will render less smooth. (we can see that well on 2 lines at the back of the character)

By saying "how textures are drawn" I meant how lines are made, not how are the forms and how the file is looking good..

And what's the difference between UV mapping and coordinating textures except that the last one is from hand.. :\

Micro View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, November 14, 2014

There's a tutorial on youtube explaining how to get Aura to work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpHbAvmt7D4

ZaichiZ View user's profile Send private message

@Micro

Zeth wrote : Keep posts in relation to the topic at all times. Arguments and sub-topics should be resolved through PM or another topic. Posts that are not in relation to a thread will be spliced into a new thread in the approptiate forum with a PM dispatched to the creator. If the post has no focus of determinable value, the post shall be removed with author notification via PM. "

As for how the aura actually works, it effects the shades not the texture with these lines in the aura config,

auraLightMin
auraLightMax

setting them to 0 will disable it from effecting the shades altogether.

Micro View user's profile Send private message

I'm afraid Zeth is no longer with us.

As for how the aura actually works, it effects the shades not the texture with these lines in the aura config,

auraLightMin
auraLightMax

setting them to 0 will disable it from effecting the shades altogether.

We already know that, that's why it gives me a doubt on this "another effect".

>Kris

Show with pictures what you mean about this. Confused

(sigh)

1st picture grey

2nd picture black

The second picture's not showing...

But that first picture looks more like the color's being washed out by the lighting/shading method making appear more blurry when it's not, that has little to do with the texture/UV map itself. It's just more noticeable due to the low resolution of the texture.

And there's a lot more to unwrapping than just making lines look good on an oversized texture. I can make a character that appears HD by your standards using textures that are 4pxX4px if I really wanted by just increasing the geometry slightly in some spots, adding splits in others, and letting most of the lines get generated by the engine's Outline rendering system. The mesh would be slightly more complex, and would have more than one texture call per object, but overall would be more efficient since the textures are significantly smaller and easier to render.

heck, this is what I did with my old Bob-Bomb Addon, all the textures where only a few pixels big because they didn't need to be bigger.

However, a true "HD texture" should not just be making use of the larger size for cleaner lines, but for actually adding in more detail to the texture itself. Your textures are still mostly flat colors with lines on them. You should be adding things like scuffs on the boots, wrinkles in the clothing, veins/smaller muscle groupings or other similar details to the skin around the muscles, exc., plus have more line-weight variation to try and sell the illusion of it being a hand drawn cartoon character instead of a computer generated 3D model. I just don't see that though, so most of the texture is just wasted space...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's bad, it is a good start, but it needs a lot more work to be called HD, otherwise it's just a bigger texture and that's all.

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]