Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >>

Dragon Ball Z 2015: Revival of "F"

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 20, 2014

Peanut Butter Petey wrote :

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Broken pictures Confused

4. In Dragon Ball Online, Akira had much involvement with a lot of things in it, one of the things this game included was getting Shenron to grant a wish to become a Super Saiyan, it's possible Frieza simply could've wished to become SSJGod (considering a plain human can wish to be a Super Saiyan) while this isn't proven to actually be cannon (even if Akira helped a lot) it's still a possibility, the only problem is... even with the god form power multiplier... it still wouldn't match up to the current Z-fighters level, probably surpassing Krillin and Yamucha at best... (%10)

4.5. Frieza wishes to be as strong as Goku and to have all of Goku's transformations (The dragon can not not exceed its master's powerlevel, but Akira could change the rules at any given time considering he already has countless times. (20%)

5. In the trailer we see Frieza getting out of something and green liquid? Possibly... Frieza's men had been developing a super advanced body (possibly using Goku's cells?) and they simply wished him to be revived in that artificial body (%50)

I'm a little late chiming in here, but I just wanted to point out since no one else had, these three theories are horribly flawed, since they're predicated on the idea that Frieza is being brought back with some Saiyan blood running through him (You can't become a Super Saiyan God if you're not "Saiyan" after all...), which the very idea would repulse Frieza beyound toleration.

Think back and remember, Frieza hated saiyans. In a way, he was the universe's biggest racist with how much he hated them. I mean, he single handedly wiped out almost the entire race, just because he hated them so much. True, it was driven partly by his fear of the legend of Super Saiyans, but overall it was racially driven. Remember all those "dirty monkey" remarks? They're essentially racial slurs.

Now, with that in mind, how do you think Frieza would react to becoming the very thing he hated most? I'm fairly certain it would not end well for anyone.

Additionally, just having Saiyan DNA thrown into the mix doesn't necessarily mean it'll make him significantly stronger. Heck, even using some Saiyan DNA he could end up only getting something as much as a Raditz level of a boost to his strength, who's DNA and genes were not all that disimilar to Goku's seeing as they both had the same parents. Genetics alone don't mean squat, it's what's done with those genes.

Goku is almost always training or fighting opponents stronger than himself, which is how he got to where he is now. Frieza? I don't know about you, but I seem to recall him spending a lot of time just sitting in his bubble car and never being challenged by anyone... It's hard to get stronger like that... Some kind of dragonball trickery is at work is my best guess, but... Don't the dragonballs grant multiple wishes now? What's to stop Frieza from wishing for Immortality after being brought back exactly...? That would make for an interesting fight considering no one but Garlic Jr. knows how to open up the Dead Zone to chuck people into it...

ZaichiZ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, December 21, 2014

Shenku wrote :

Peanut Butter Petey wrote :

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Broken pictures Confused

4. In Dragon Ball Online, Akira had much involvement with a lot of things in it, one of the things this game included was getting Shenron to grant a wish to become a Super Saiyan, it's possible Frieza simply could've wished to become SSJGod (considering a plain human can wish to be a Super Saiyan) while this isn't proven to actually be cannon (even if Akira helped a lot) it's still a possibility, the only problem is... even with the god form power multiplier... it still wouldn't match up to the current Z-fighters level, probably surpassing Krillin and Yamucha at best... (%10)

4.5. Frieza wishes to be as strong as Goku and to have all of Goku's transformations (The dragon can not not exceed its master's powerlevel, but Akira could change the rules at any given time considering he already has countless times. (20%)

5. In the trailer we see Frieza getting out of something and green liquid? Possibly... Frieza's men had been developing a super advanced body (possibly using Goku's cells?) and they simply wished him to be revived in that artificial body (%50)

I'm a little late chiming in here, but I just wanted to point out since no one else had, these three theories are horribly flawed, since they're predicated on the idea that Frieza is being brought back with some Saiyan blood running through him (You can't become a Super Saiyan God if you're not "Saiyan" after all...), which the very idea would repulse Frieza beyound toleration.

Think back and remember, Frieza hated saiyans. In a way, he was the universe's biggest racist with how much he hated them. I mean, he single handedly wiped out almost the entire race, just because he hated them so much. True, it was driven partly by his fear of the legend of Super Saiyans, but overall it was racially driven. Remember all those "dirty monkey" remarks? They're essentially racial slurs.

Now, with that in mind, how do you think Frieza would react to becoming the very thing he hated most? I'm fairly certain it would not end well for anyone.

Additionally, just having Saiyan DNA thrown into the mix doesn't necessarily mean it'll make him significantly stronger. Heck, even using some Saiyan DNA he could end up only getting something as much as a Raditz level of a boost to his strength, who's DNA and genes were not all that disimilar to Goku's seeing as they both had the same parents. Genetics alone don't mean squat, it's what's done with those genes.

Goku is almost always training or fighting opponents stronger than himself, which is how he got to where he is now. Frieza? I don't know about you, but I seem to recall him spending a lot of time just sitting in his bubble car and never being challenged by anyone... It's hard to get stronger like that... Some kind of dragonball trickery is at work is my best guess, but... Don't the dragonballs grant multiple wishes now? What's to stop Frieza from wishing for Immortality after being brought back exactly...? That would make for an interesting fight considering no one but Garlic Jr. knows how to open up the Dead Zone to chuck people into it...

The dub actually made him seem a lot more hateful and evil then you would believe, try reading the manga or watch the proper dub, sure he dislikes them but not the length the English dub and fIllers display. Furthermore these are just simple random theories I wrote off the top of my head to toss some ideas out there of what it could be and as I said here,

"5. In the trailer we see Frieza getting out of something and green liquid? Possibly... Frieza's men had been developing a super advanced body (possibly using Goku's cells?) and they simply wished him to be revived in that artificial body (%50)"

I used "possibly" at best in a 50 percent most likely close to home (not the actual plot) theory, regardless as much as the Eng dub makes Frieza seem so more hateful, even in that dub Frieza offers Goku to work for him if I remember correctly. (Also, in Dragon Ball Online, you don't simply wish for Saiyan blood, you wish to be a Super Saiyan and bam you are.) Your statement is flawed anyway by the fact Frieza begged a Saiyan for his life.

It's not flawed, because Frieza turned around and tried to use the energy Goku gave him to spare his life to kill Goku with it.

And I saw your "possibly" stipulation, and I never said anything about wishing to have "Saiyan DNA", but the idea of becoming a Super Saiyan in any way is completely lacking unless you are or become part Saiyan. It's a racial thing, not just a generic power up... They didn't call Piccolo a Super Saiyan, did they? No, he was a "Super Namek". Completely different thing. Dragonball Online, regardless of Toriama's involvement, is not cannon anyways, so all those people "wishing to become Super Saiyans" don't count. Even if they did, wishing to be a "Super Saiyan" is indirectly wishing to be a Saiyan too... They go hand in hand after all, because again, it's a racial thing.

And even if the English dub exaggerated the level of hatred Frieza had, he still viewed the race with contempt. Besides, he only offered Goku a chance to join him at a point in the fight when he realized Goku couldn't keep up any longer post 50% power up. It meant that Frieza knew for a fact that he could kill him at any time, and even Goku would have realized it by then. What he was offering wasn't a job so much as an ultimatum. Either become what basically equated to a slave, as even Vegeta had viewed it while he and all the other Saiyans had lived under Frieza, or die. In fact, it's the same terms for everyone that was in Frieza's army.

Didn't even matter if Goku took him up on it, because Frieza would have killed him before he could become a threat, just like how he snuck over to planet Vegeta and blew it up with out so much as a howdy do. All he would have needed to do is blow up whatever planet Goku was on, and that would have been that. Frieza knew that full well, even if Goku didn't, because Frieza had probably done it dozens of times. And at this time, Goku wasn't aware that Frieza could breath in space yet... It was a death sentence either way.

Shenku wrote : It's not flawed, because Frieza turned around and tried to use the energy Goku gave him to spare his life to kill Goku with it.

And I saw your "possibly" stipulation, and I never said anything about wishing to have "Saiyan DNA", but the idea of becoming a Super Saiyan in any way is completely lacking unless you are or become part Saiyan. It's a racial thing, not just a generic power up... They didn't call Piccolo a Super Saiyan, did they? No, he was a "Super Namek". Completely different thing. Dragonball Online, regardless of Toriama's involvement, is not cannon anyways, so all those people "wishing to become Super Saiyans" don't count. Even if they did, wishing to be a "Super Saiyan" is indirectly wishing to be a Saiyan too... They go hand in hand after all, because again, it's a racial thing.

And even if the English dub exaggerated the level of hatred Frieza had, he still viewed the race with contempt. Besides, he only offered Goku a chance to join him at a point in the fight when he realized Goku couldn't keep up any longer post 50% power up. It meant that Frieza knew for a fact that he could kill him at any time, and even Goku would have realized it by then. What he was offering wasn't a job so much as an ultimatum. Either become what basically equated to a slave, as even Vegeta had viewed it while he and all the other Saiyans had lived under Frieza, or die. In fact, it's the same terms for everyone that was in Frieza's army.

Didn't even matter if Goku took him up on it, because Frieza would have killed him before he could become a threat, just like how he snuck over to planet Vegeta and blew it up with out so much as a howdy do. All he would have needed to do is blow up whatever planet Goku was on, and that would have been that. Frieza knew that full well, even if Goku didn't, because Frieza had probably done it dozens of times. And at this time, Goku wasn't aware that Frieza could breath in space yet... It was a death sentence either way.

Hm, the only problem is I don't really think Akira cares about doing things properly anymore, if you've seen Dragon Ball Minus you'd see for your self, he made Dragon Ball and the start of Z uncannon... Also while I'm here, fun fact! Frieza never kills any of his men, not once! In the whole manga which probably explains his men's loyality, it also explains why Akira felt the need to remake the Bardock story as Frieza killed many of his men. Personally I really liked the Bardock movie, Akira liked it too, so much that he added it to the manga, when he made Dragon Ball Minus he decided to make it uncannon even though it was in his manga... as well as Dragon Ball and the start of Z as I said... Akira no longer cares about ruining anything. (He also changed Frieza to know about SSJGod, no kidding Laughing )

Well, I'm specifically talking about the Anime, NOT the Manga. The two while very similar had plenty of differences.

And if Frieza never killed any of his own men, what do you call blowing up planet Vegeta exactly...? They were still his men at the time, regardless of his reasons for killing them.

Plus, stack on top of that just how petrified his own men were of him at several points during the Namek Saga, Zarbon included, particularly in their handling of Vegeta having stollen the Dragonballs.

Add to that how Captain Ginyu suplosedly killed several of Frieza's few remaining men after he was displeased with their "tryouts" to join the Ginyu Squad... True they weren't actually shown as being "killed" but a bunch were hurled off into the distance and were never shown again the rest of the time they were on Namek. Did they ever actually show any of Frieza's generic henchmen fly? I'm doubtful they survived that fall... Ginyu, being second to only Frieza himself, what ever his actions, reflect on Frieza's own treatment of his troops. That's rule number one in any sort of organization. The person in charge is almost always responsible, and is condoning what the people below them are doing.

Therefore, if Frieza's immediate underlings are killing his men, it's little different than Frieza doing it himself. This includes not only Ginyu's actions towards the end of the Ginyu Saga, but also Dodoria assulting Bardock and killing his companions in the Bardock movie, on Frieza's order prior to Frieza destroying planet Vegeta.

The reasons don't matter, and even ignoring Ginyu on Namek, the precedent had been set that Frieza was willing to kill his own men, even way back then, just to ensure his own dominance in the universe. He was a tyrant, after all, and tyrants rule primarily through fear, not respect or loyalty. Loyalty can change, and respect doesn't even matter, but fear can keep people doing what the tyrant wants very easily when the alternative pure and simple death.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Hm, the only problem is I don't really think Akira cares about doing things properly anymore

He never did things properly.. There's errors even in the manga. The anime/movies just loved things up more.

But the difference is more noticable since Dragon Ball gt. After this (97'), everything that came out was bad.

Shenku wrote : Well, I'm specifically talking about the Anime, NOT the Manga. The two while very similar had plenty of differences.

And if Frieza never killed any of his own men, what do you call blowing up planet Vegeta exactly...? They were still his men at the time, regardless of his reasons for killing them.

Plus, stack on top of that just how petrified his own men were of him at several points during the Namek Saga, Zarbon included, particularly in their handling of Vegeta having stollen the Dragonballs.

Add to that how Captain Ginyu suplosedly killed several of Frieza's few remaining men after he was displeased with their "tryouts" to join the Ginyu Squad... True they weren't actually shown as being "killed" but a bunch were hurled off into the distance and were never shown again the rest of the time they were on Namek. Did they ever actually show any of Frieza's generic henchmen fly? I'm doubtful they survived that fall... Ginyu, being second to only Frieza himself, what ever his actions, reflect on Frieza's own treatment of his troops. That's rule number one in any sort of organization. The person in charge is almost always responsible, and is condoning what the people below them are doing.

Therefore, if Frieza's immediate underlings are killing his men, it's little different than Frieza doing it himself. This includes not only Ginyu's actions towards the end of the Ginyu Saga, but also Dodoria assulting Bardock and killing his companions in the Bardock movie, on Frieza's order prior to Frieza destroying planet Vegeta.

The reasons don't matter, and even ignoring Ginyu on Namek, the precedent had been set that Frieza was willing to kill his own men, even way back then, just to ensure his own dominance in the universe. He was a tyrant, after all, and tyrants rule primarily through fear, not respect or loyalty. Loyalty can change, and respect doesn't even matter, but fear can keep people doing what the tyrant wants very easily when the alternative pure and simple death.

Akira doesn't care about the anime but, and you're using anime references alone mainly. For example the Ginyu force thing you mentioned is a fIller.

I like to think that the word "filler" is filtered because of how backwards it is for people to complain about it in regards to the intrinsic analysis of the anime often done on this forum, because if it was shown in the anime, gooey insides or not, it happened.

Your calling it gooey insides doesn't change that. It still happened.

Reply with quote Monday, December 22, 2014

Shenku wrote : I like to think that the word "filler" is filtered because of how backwards it is for people to complain about it in regards to the intrinsic analysis of the anime often done on this forum, because if it was shown in the anime, gooey insides or not, it happened.

Your calling it gooey insides doesn't change that. It still happened.

The word is filtered simply because ZEQ2-Lite is based on the English Dub of the Dragon Ball Z anime fIllers and all thus they're irrelevant to name. The thing is fIllers were made by the animation company not the creator, the creator probably hasn't even watched the anime and will regardless ignore them either way, you don't seem to understand that the creator doesn't care about your beloved fIllers he does not acknowledge them. I'm pretty sure we discussed this in an early post.

You seem to be misunderstanding something. I never mentioned anything about the creator, and while yes he may be involved with these recent movies, that doesn't necessarily mean he has complete control over the movie. They're still going to do largely what they've always done, which is that they will do mostly whatever they want.

Just because the creator says it never happened according to his story, doesn't change the fact that it did in fact happen in the story that most people know, that being the anime.

But this is a pointless debate to keep going since you see fit to continue arguing over nothing... This is like arguing the differences between Jurassic Park the movies, and Jurassic Park the books. They tell mostly the same stories, but certain major details were vastly different. Especially when you look at the second movie compared to the second book, which were entirely different save the fact that they shared a title, and both took place on the second island. Never mind the third movie which had no book counterpart because the author(creator) said no when Speilberg asked him to write another one for another movie after seeing the crapfest that was the second movie... Neither version was really "wrong", they were just telling different stories about the same things...

Shenku wrote : You seem to be misunderstanding something. I never mentioned anything about the creator, and while yes he may be involved with these recent movies, that doesn't necessarily mean he has complete control over the movie. They're still going to do largely what they've always done, which is that they will do mostly whatever they want.

Just because the creator says it never happened according to his story, doesn't change the fact that it did in fact happen in the story that most people know, that being the anime.

But this is a pointless debate to keep going since you see fit to continue arguing over nothing... This is like arguing the differences between Jurassic Park the movies, and Jurassic Park the books. They tell mostly the same stories, but certain major details were vastly different. Especially when you look at the second movie compared to the second book, which were entirely different save the fact that they shared a title, and both took place on the second island. Never mind the third movie which had no book counterpart because the author(creator) said no when Speilberg asked him to write another one for another movie after seeing the crapfest that was the second movie... Neither version was really "wrong", they were just telling different stories about the same things...

With Battle of Gods it was like that, this new movie Akira is doing it himself. Besides do you honestly think the person who wrote the original battle of Lloyds script, that was changed by Akira made those very same fIllers? Using that sort of logic, King Kai said a Saiyan destroyed the planet himself happened, using that logic Android 16 should've been revived, using that logic Dr Flappe made the androids not Gero, and the list goes on. That's just like saying the Dragon Ball Z Hell shown in the anime is cannon, no, even Kai cut that abomination out, villains do NOT keep their bodies it is stated time after time in both the manga and the anime, yet in an anime fIller King Yemma gets Raditz in a "Yemma lock". I could go on and on, like Goku driving cars when in other fIllers Chichi has tons of cars, not to mention she canonically has the power level of over 100.

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

this is all I'm going to say about this new movie...

Peanut Butter Petey, you missed my point entirely...

The point was that you can have different versions of the same story without the universe cracking in half, dogs and cats getting along, rivers and seas boiling, and bananas raining down from the skies... The world is not going to end just because the story we all know isn't exactly the same story as what they're making now. It doesn't mean one story is wrong while the other is right, it just means they're different stories.

And this will be my last post on the subject, because if you still don't understand what I'm saying, there's no reason to try explaining it to you...

Shenku wrote : Peanut Butter Petey, you missed my point entirely...

The point was that you can have different versions of the same story without the universe cracking in half, dogs and cats getting along, rivers and seas boiling, and bananas raining down from the skies... The world is not going to end just because the story we all know isn't exactly the same story as what they're making now. It doesn't mean one story is wrong while the other is right, it just means they're different stories.

And this will be my last post on the subject, because if you still don't understand what I'm saying, there's no reason to try explaining it to you...

I understand perfectly, the problem is this is a "continuation of the manga" thus following the manga's story not the anime.

Reply with quote Tuesday, December 23, 2014

+1 anty Laughing

>Peanut Butter Pete

If it is a continuation of the manga, where is uub ? Pan ? Why Goku has putted his blue clothes to trash already ? (not even talking about gt..)

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I have 80% chance that there is unrevealed transform of Frieza.. look at the Reaction of Bills, it's suspicious.

if it is not Transformation.. then there is something that unrevealed at Frieza.. I know that Bills is not an leaping lizard. look at his Reaction

>kris

He just forgot about his father Laughing

(joke..)

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

well frieza's dad was the king , so its well to consider he was suppressing during battle against Trunks

Reply with quote Friday, December 26, 2014

I think Akira needs to stop. As for the King Cold thing, we're talking about the same guy that made Dragon Ball Minus right?

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Hahahaaa that's priceless. Gotta love toriyama Razz

I thought the Gohan in jump suit was pretty cool too.

OH MY GOODNESS! If krillin wasn't in his orange gi at the right, I would never recognize him. oO

It is Dragon Ball only in the name now.. Looks more like a comedy/parody than something else..

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 27, 2014

This makes me happy because it shows that toriyama can take a series like Dragon Ball Z which is known for its intense fights and make it funny with hardly any fighting and still leave fans happy with what they just saw. Man I'm hyped for 2015 Dragon Ball Xenoverse,Dragon Ball Z Revival of F, Naruto ninja storm 4, j-stars, one piece, and naruto mini series Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Reply with quote Thursday, February 05, 2015

"The Angels of Hell" Folks...

http://s12.postimg.org/os48wn5ct/The_Angels_of_Hell_Revival_of_F.jpg

"At Jump Festa 2015, several details were revealed for the movie's plot: Krillin has become a police officer, Frieza trains for the first time in his life and when fighting Goku uses his full power from the start of the fight, and Goku does not become a Super Saiyan during his battle with Frieza, as he no longer needs the form."

"The beginning of Revival of "F" will additionally be adapted into manga, taking up three chapters. The artist will be Toyotarō and the first chapter will be released on February 21, 2015"

"F" by Maximum the Hormone will also be an insert song in the movie...

Rest in peace Dragon Ball Z.

OH MY GOODNESS OH MY GOODNESS!

THERE! PROOF! AND PEOPLES ARE STILL SAYING IT'S THE CONTINUATION OF THE MANGA AND THEY STILL CALL THAT Dragon Ball! OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS!

AND THE WORST IN THAT, IS THAT TOYOTARU IS TOYBLE, THE ONE WHO MADE Dragon Ball April Fools'! I'm highly disappointed..

Someone, take this p90 and shoot me please. T.T

Postscript: Kon has been spotted in top left of the picture! And there's a reference to Bulma when she wears the bunny suit at the beginning of the manga. Can't understand why an angel is wearing these perverse clothing.. :\

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :

Someone, take this p90 and shoot me please. T.T

Watch out, I used that once and Mima lost his trash and released me, all though it was just an excuse because he was losing an argument (I'm just saying... it isn't even against the rules to say "*Shoots self*"), still be careful.

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]