Content

1, 2, 3  >>

Code update ZEQ2-Lite 1536

ZaichiZ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Not really a fan of posting my work here... But today I'm making an exception,

ZEQ2-Lite Code update - Mod Dragon Ball

ZEQ2-Lite code update 2 - Mod Dragon Ball

This is entirely compatible with 1536, anyone who doesn't have the code update and joins a code update server, will still gain the necessary features with no bugs.

Info/instructions and download all here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ZEQ2-lite-speed-of-zanzoken/addons/ZEQ2-lite-code-update

This will be updated, I'm far from finished and I have much to learn.

No arguments or massive essay spam, thanks. I'd like people to report any bugs they find though.

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

Booom.. Nice .. We need Guys like you, it's really Important making codes than making characters.

hey, did you know the Latest Revision, they used the tags for the Camera?
how about we use tags for mêlée?

For Example:
"Hitter Tags" - a tag that will Hit the Enemy
Fists - 2 tags
Elbow - 2 tags
Feet - 2 tags
Knees - 2 tags

"Receiver Tags" - a tag that will Receive Hit Blows from mêlée
Any part of the Body - tags

this will give The Logic of The Damage that we Receive. I Don't like to rely on "Tier.cfg" I don't want to rely on the Character that should be Stronger.

This will give the logic damages for mêlée. I don't know if this is Possible. The Animations will decide where it should hit, where should we hit.

just like in "Tekken"

I am Tired of doing "Lock-On and press W" some guys can just edit the Power of the mêlée Combat... Really Immature.. The Only Logic for me is the mêlée Blows, I mean, that's 5/10 of the Reason how you won in mêlée Combat is that You should use mêlée Blows and Stuns.
How about Putting more Logic in the Old mêlée Combat System?

I like the New Combat System, the only that lacks is the "Combo" and "Hitter Tags" and "Receiver Tags", and "grabbing,Throwing"

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Nice Peanut Butter Pete. Thanks for this present. Very Happy

This has to be in the addon forum and not on the free one. It has it's place on the project.

I'll download the code update to use it on my project. You don't mind if I send you some feedbacks/request ? (to help you improving it)

Merry Xmas everyone!

@Wh1t

I'm fine with that.

@Everyone

Make sure to read the desc and my 2 top comments. If there is any problems, I'm here to help.

Reply with quote Thursday, December 25, 2014

The mods button works fine for me, but I can't make a gamepack appears. I putted f3's "ZEQ2" folder in my actual "ZEQ2" folder, where the code update is, but it doesn't appear in the mods menu.

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : The mods button works fine for me, but I can't make a gamepack appears. I putted f3's "ZEQ2" folder in my actual "ZEQ2" folder, where the code update is, but it doesn't appear in the mods menu.

You have to put it in the ZEQ2-Lite folder not the "ZEQ2-Lite/ZEQ2" folder.

It works now, thank you!

You should rewrite the instructions, because it's a little confusing. Confused

For the resquest, you think you can extend the sytem of the tiers folders to all their files ?

When a tier folder doesn't have models/default.skin files, it takes the one of the precedent tier for reference. It would be good to apply that system to all the files of the tier folder.

This system only have advantages. It avoid to have copies of the files increasing the weight of the characters, make them longer to load for nothing, and makes more crash due to ressources loading.

Only this, would helps a lot on the quality, optimisations and stability.

Just extending that to head/upper/lower_percent_.. defaultPercent_..., icons, tier.cfg, emblem things etc...

Normally, there's already a part of the code for the default.skin and main models, no need to create the whole thing.

I hope I don't ask too much. :S

>Kris

Isn't that too much tags for the Quake 3 engine and md3 files ? :\

Reply with quote Saturday, December 27, 2014

Okay, I'm doing some tests with the mod feature and studying it. So far, I noticed:

- A gamepack's name can't contains more than 15 characters (or when trying to change to it, it'll load the main version and create another folder with the name cutted to 15 characters and containing a config file)

- The main version will copy/export every characters (and maps too I think) to the others, creating conflicts in some cases.

Exemple:

Main version: Contains a character named "Goku" with 5 tiers. (let's say Goku Namek)

Another version: Contains a character named "Goku" with 4. (let's say Goku Saiyan)

The 2nd version will take the lacking files/folders from the main version:

Goku Saiyan will be able to transform Super Saiyan (getting main version's tier 5) and will take other files from the main version if it lacks of them. (and if the main version has them)

For thoses who try to use this feature, don't rename your main ZEQ2 folder or the game won't find the config files.

Second thing is, delete almost all datas from the main version (only keep the needed system files) to avoid conflicts.

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Okay, I'm doing some tests with the mod feature and studying it. So far, I noticed:

- A gamepack's name can't contains more than 15 characters (or when trying to change to it, it'll load the main version and create another folder with the name cutted to 15 characters and containing a config file)

- The main version will copy/export every characters (and maps too I think) to the others, creating conflicts in some cases.

Exemple:

Main version: Contains a character named "Goku" with 5 tiers. (let's say Goku Namek)

Another version: Contains a character named "Goku" with 4. (let's say Goku Saiyan)

The 2nd version will take the lacking files/folders from the main version:

Goku Saiyan will be able to transform Super Saiyan (getting main version's tier 5) and will take other files from the main version if it lacks of them. (and if the main version has them)

For thoses who try to use this feature, don't rename your main ZEQ2 folder or the game won't find the config files.

Second thing is, delete almost all datas from the main version (only keep the needed system files) to avoid conflicts.

That's really odd, I don't have that problem at all. Infact I'll upload a video.

Edit: Oh I see... if your "Goku" (Character alone) has more tiers in the original ZEQ2-Lite and the mod has less then it will transform the same amount of tiers as the original, as I said though, "it's experimental" this doesn't surprise me Laughing it was a last minute addition so I didn't test it fully enough, I actually thought a problem like this may happen and labeled it "experimental".

This didn't happen though at all,

"- The main version will copy/export every characters (and maps too I think) to the others, creating conflicts in some cases. "

it just reads the files from the main "ZEQ2" at the same time, it never exports anything.

I know it's in an experimental state, I'm just reporting things I see while I'm testing it. Smile

yeah, I meant, it "export" things in game, not from a folder to another. My bad English strikes again. Laughing

Using the main ZEQ2 as a "menu only" is the only way I found to fix it.

Reply with quote Sunday, December 28, 2014

hmm.. hey Peanut Butter Pete, can you make this like "leveling up" and "make your own character"?

Reply with quote Sunday, December 28, 2014

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : hmm.. hey Peanut Butter Pete, can you make this like "leveling up" and "make your own character"?

No and for various reasons, two namely being I would have to make the networking code to be compatible with a site and accounts etc, otherwise people could easily get 999 etc on their characters, 2nd my skills in all this aren't even near that level. Laughing

Reply with quote Monday, December 29, 2014

Peanut Butter Petey wrote :
No and for various reasons, two namely being I would have to make the networking code to be compatible with a site and accounts etc, otherwise people could easily get 999 etc on their characters, 2nd my skills in all this aren't even near that level. :*laughing out loud*:

hahaha then hurry up and go to higher level of codings. we need coders

Reply with quote Saturday, January 24, 2015

Looks like I may not be finishing this... I no longer have any motivation to be involved in ZEQ2-Lite, I may return and finish this one day, but for now no.

I hope I could Study Theses codes in Summer.

after I'm done with some few Characters.

well, I will wait you Peanut Butter Pete, as I waited NELLO.

>Peanut Butter Petey

Daaww. :'<

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : >Peanut Butter Petey

Daaww. :'<

Wh1t3, why don't you Replace Peanut Butter Petey while he is gone? Wink

I know you can do it, you're smart. when it comes form codings, you have great talent of that Very Happy .

Do you remember when you make skills? put that talent on codings Wink

Reply with quote Sunday, January 25, 2015

Wh1t3, why don't you Replace Peanut Butter Petey while he is gone? Wink

If I could do it, I would have helped Peanut Butter Pete. :\

I know you can do it, you're smart. when it comes form codings, you have great talent of that Very Happy .

Do you remember when you make skills? put that talent on codings Wink

I think you over estimate me..

No, I don't remember doing that, because I never did.. I never created skills and I can't for now, because I'm not good enough at Photoshop things/texturing. The only thing I could create is the Kubehameha for Steve, and it has solid colors..

My skills at real coding weren't big already, but now it's all gone. I tried few times to read the code, but I have understood only few lines, and that doesn't permit me to edit it..

Plus, I can't stop what I'm actually doing, because I like that, even if it's only few peoples, they wait for the finished versions of my addons, and the final point is that I have already too much things to do between my life and gamemods.

If I reach my goal on ZEQ2-lite, maybe I'll try coding, but it's far from being done..

well, I mean... let's work hard to study it.
for future...

we have been through a lot.. since we were just editing.

I can see something very talented in you. the first thing you made an addon was Vegeta have Super Saiyan 4 lloyd. compared to what I have done for the first, I only made Goku with eyes of Sharigan, and Everybody was laughing at me. you and Dbzfan were the only persons that cheering me up.

well, you are now a modeller, let's keep it up.

well, I mean... let's work hard to study it.
for future...

Once I have reached my goal as a character maker, I'll maybe give it a try.

we have been through a lot.. since we were just editing.

I'm still editing! x)

For now..

My motorcycle project is far from being done. And I know that without it being finished, continuing on ZEQ2-lite would be a loose of time, because nothing good enough would be made. Things, has to evolve and I can't stay doing edits only. (I think I have even reached my limits as an editor..)

That's why I'm actually training to upgrade from editor, to creator. Smile

I can see something very talented in you. the first thing you made an addon was Vegeta have Super Saiyan 4 lloyd. compared to what I have done for the first, I only made Goku with eyes of Sharigan, and Everybody was laughing at me.

The first thing I made (before vegetaGod Pre1 and my first addon "Vegetto normal form to Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two) (Dragon Ball Z outfits)") was a merge of 3 gogetas from 2 different versions. I had just merged the tiers and the scripts, nothing else done. (and I had a bad texture assigned to the shoes, so...)

We all started with bad things. And you see, even if zeq2dbzfan stayed longer on recolors than us, he has finally improved to a good level as well and hasn't lost motivation. (I hope)

You are right, we have been through a lot.. It's been around a year since we are playing with ZEQ2-lite folders. Now, we upgraded programs that will permit us to make real good things and recentred our ideas on a more faithful thing to the theme. Why would we stop ? Smile

Trust me, it's not that I don't want to work with you, I'm just not ready. (and I have things to do in my life as well.. So much constraints..)

Reply with quote Friday, January 30, 2015

No, I am not back.

I get constant requests to "lower the mêlée damage" on the mêlée realism, so here...: http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/download.php?id=28818

Alternate link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/24768691/CodeUpdate.zip

There may be a few bugs or something I forgot with this, I quickly did this and I tend to forget things, if so post the problem on this thread.

Reply with quote Saturday, January 31, 2015

Peanut Butter Petey wrote : No, I am not back.

I get constant requests to "lower the mêlée damage" on the mêlée realism, so here...: http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/download.php?id=28818

There may be a few bugs or something I forgot with this, I quickly did this and I tend to forget things, if so post the problem on this thread.

are those files are the same?

by the way look my message in moddb

thanks for Update Peanut Butter Pete..

Reply with quote Saturday, January 31, 2015

DBZkrisfhugz wrote :

Peanut Butter Petey wrote : No, I am not back.

are those files are the same?

by the way look my message in moddb

thanks for Update Peanut Butter Pete..

Yes, the other one is an alternative link...

dbzfan2000 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, February 08, 2015

Peanut Butter Petey why the love are you hacking my server LIKE what the heck and I know its you cause I looked up the ip who was crahing my server and its from Australia whitch is where your from SO Why did you do it TELL ME!!!!! and here is proof look at the two meta WL the 110 one is the hacker

dbzfan2000 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, February 08, 2015

and this is the ip adress even more proof http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/110.143.64.114

1, 2, 3  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]