Content

Tier Config with Damaged Characters

ChahikoDBZ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, January 05, 2015

Is there a way to assign certain tier configuration to your character's damaged outfits?

ZaichiZ View user's profile Send private message

ChahikoDBZ wrote : Is there a way to assign certain tier configuration to your character's damaged outfits?

No, and even if it were to be implemented it would be lacking in identifiable function due to one big problem,

percentEnergyAttackDamage 1.5

the ".5" Isn't read, it's ignored, only the "1" gets read,".(number)" is only there for show in the tiers basically. I've spoken to a few devs on this in the past and they believe the ".(number)" was "supposed to work" but unintentionally missed. To put it simply, in tiers only 1, 2, 3 etc works, things like 1.5 will be ignored and redirected to "1".

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

>Peanut Butter Pete

However I can still feel the difference between 1.2 and 1.7 ig. Plus, it works for the power level (cf: steve addon)

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

The issue with the decimals might just be a typo where it's called up as an integer value when it should be a float value. I'd have to double check the code to be sure though, and I don't have it in front of me at present...

As for the original question, It's theoretically possible to add "damage state" tier configurations, but would require quite a few code changes to add.

An alternate method exists currently, albeit not ideal. You can setup a tier to trigger automatically based on healthrequirement min/max values in each tier file, along with the buttonrequired option left to false(I can't recall the exact setting name, but it should be listed in the default tier file assuming it's still there in your version and is still functional.). Once your health drops below the set value, it should (if it still works) switch tiers automatically to the higher tier, and you can just swap out the meshes on a per-tier basis. The drawback is it would be difficult, if not improbable to also have any form of transformation on such a character.

I tested it briefly with Gohan to try and simulate him unleashing his hidden power when pushed far enough, but that was a few years ago, and I don't know if I even still have any of those files anymore since they were 2 laptops ago... The settings should all still be there though, I'm just not sure if the SVN versions had them all working fully...

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

the ".5" Isn't read, it's ignored, only the "1" gets read,".(number)" is only there for show in the tiers basically. I've spoken to a few devs on this in the past and they believe the ".(number)" was "supposed to work" but unintentionally missed. To put it simply, in tiers only 1, 2, 3 etc works, things like 1.5 will be ignored and redirected to "1".

What "devs" did you talk to? Besides myself, only about 3 other people have committed to the official code in the last 6 years -- and they don't actively exist in any of the communities.

If you had asked me, I could have told you that the latest version (in which the keyword is called energyAttackDamage) both parses and stores correctly as a float. The issue you are experiencing is either due to a minor bug that was fixed years ago by a later revision or (more than likely) caused by how the final calculation is truncated when the value is stored into the power level integer. The latter would cause you to notice little to no impact on the percentages when dealing with small numbers, but would still feel proper at larger ones.

ZaichiZ View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :

What "devs" did you talk to? Besides myself, only about 3 other people have committed to the official code in the last 6 years -- and they don't actively exist in any of the communities.

If you had asked me, I could have told you that the latest version (in which the keyword is called energyAttackDamage) both parses and stores correctly as a float. The issue you are experiencing is either due to a minor bug that was fixed years ago by a later revision or (more than likely) caused by how the final calculation is truncated when the value is stored into the power level integer. The latter would cause you to notice little to no impact on the percentages when dealing with small numbers, but would still feel proper at larger ones.

I actually have asked you, also, I asked Scifi.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

I actually have asked you, also, I asked Scifi.

Did I say otherwise from the above post when we spoke? Or was our conversation on the side of brevity -- to be resumed at a later time?

Edit : Looks like I mentioned the same thing to you there.

ChahikoDBZ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Shenku wrote : The issue with the decimals might just be a typo where it's called up as an integer value when it should be a float value. I'd have to double check the code to be sure though, and I don't have it in front of me at present...

As for the original question, It's theoretically possible to add "damage state" tier configurations, but would require quite a few code changes to add.

An alternate method exists currently, albeit not ideal. You can setup a tier to trigger automatically based on healthrequirement min/max values in each tier file, along with the buttonrequired option left to false(I can't recall the exact setting name, but it should be listed in the default tier file assuming it's still there in your version and is still functional.). Once your health drops below the set value, it should (if it still works) switch tiers automatically to the higher tier, and you can just swap out the meshes on a per-tier basis. The drawback is it would be difficult, if not improbable to also have any form of transformation on such a character.

I tested it briefly with Gohan to try and simulate him unleashing his hidden power when pushed far enough, but that was a few years ago, and I don't know if I even still have any of those files anymore since they were 2 laptops ago... The settings should all still be there though, I'm just not sure if the SVN versions had them all working fully...

This sounds pretty interesting. I'll test it out. Thank you for the help. Smile

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]