-Even Deflect Animations?

//==========================
// DEFENSE
//==========================
301 11 7 20 // STUNNED
312 10 7 20 // PUSH
322 6 0 20 // DEFLECT
328 10 7 20 // BLOCK

I haven't seen theses animations in GamePlay.

I Searched all of the Videos but Nothing. Can someone give me an Example of theses animation In Video or Picture?
Because if this animations Exist in Gameplay, I will make this, but I don't really see these animations in game

And what's the Difference Between "POWER mêlée ATTACKS" and "Breaker mêlée ATTACKS"? all I can see in mêlée is the Breaker mêlée Attacks.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, January 23, 2015

I have noticed that long ago and was also confused. I think, as for ZEQ2-lite Goku's head animations, that they was intended to be done/fixed on later revisions. I think it must be done on new models too, in case the code is completed in the futur.

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : I have noticed that long ago and was also confused. I think, as for ZEQ2-lite Goku's head animations, that they was intended to be done/fixed on later revisions. I think it must be done on new models too, in case the code is completed in the futur.

I see

Richma View user's profile Send private message

The "melee block animation" is when you're holding S to avoid attacks...I think

Richma wrote : The "mêlée block animation" is when you're holding S to avoid attacks...I think

well, that is mêlée Dodge, when holding S.

So, I just don't need Deflect,mêlée Block, and Stun I think

You shouldn't neglect them. If it is fixed in next revs (who knows what can happen), this character will be outdated and you'll have to do that when you are on something else.. At your place, I would be too much lazy to come back on it. Laughing

Do it when it's still warm. Smile

Isn't Zeth making ZEQ2-Unity?

I don't really know, he is the only one that can say more about it.

http://ZEQ2.com/webBuild/ZEQ2.html

Seems like it's stopped for now, haven't seen any news since I have first seen it (few monthes ago).

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, January 28, 2015

-what's this Stun Animations?

Stun is the animation that plays when you are hit with a power stun mêlée type attack.

And mêlée Block Animations???

Not sure if this exists in the later versions, but formerly you could hold block while getting hit with a speed mêlée sequence. This animation relates to that.

-Even Deflect Animations?

If I remember correctly, deflect is the animation that plays when you swat away a weaker attack (such as a ki blast). This is triggered by blocking.

And what's the Difference Between "POWER mêlée ATTACKS" and "Breaker mêlée ATTACKS"? all I can see in mêlée is the Breaker mêlée Attacks.

Power mêlée attacks are charged up attacks that either cause knockback or stun. Breaker mêlée attacks are quick types that interupt the charged/stun mêlée attacks.

See the public beta 1 guide.

Isn't Zeth making ZEQ2-Unity?

Seems like it's stopped for now, haven't seen any news since I have first seen it (few monthes ago).

Never started. The link you provided was a 2012 proof-of-concept. We tried a recruitment process on September 1st, 2013, but no one applied thus the project never officially began.

Reply with quote Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Never started. The link you provided was a 2012 proof-of-concept. We tried a recruitment process on September 1st, 2013, but no one applied thus the project never officially began.

Now there is a wave of unity games that come out. It would maybe be the time to try that again. Just a though..

Reply with quote Thursday, January 29, 2015

The recruitment post is still the last post that exists (and thus the first anyone sees) on the main news page as well as moddb.

Reply with quote Thursday, January 29, 2015

The first thing you see on the news is the donation post. Neutral

And if you hadn't tell me that, I would have never found it (most because I'm not used to read walls of text).. Unity words aren't even brightened..

The post looks as same as the other news too.

I think it should go directly at the essential, something simple, nothing superfluous. It would avoid walls of text that would bore the 3/4 of the peoples. Maybe a little more of mystery to it, that could force peoples to ask about details.

The background of the post should be always in first position and of another color as same as the important words, so more peoples will notice it and think this is super mega ultra important.

And finally, an active thread or a new category on the forums, for the guys that never goes on the main page.

Just ideas... You know, a lot of peoples don't know this was intended to go on unity. And if peoples here are not enough informed, I don't see, how they would be motivated to do it..

I think it is an inevitable passage now. And both engines can read c#, right ? So, nothing is really lost ? :\

Postscript: nobody goes on the main moddb page of the project, only addon page is checked..

Reply with quote Friday, January 30, 2015

The first thing you see on the news is the donation post. Neutral

That's barely a sentence worth and not a substantial separation post.

And if you hadn't tell me that, I would have never found it (most because I'm not used to read walls of text).. Unity words aren't even brightened..

Why would they need to be? (see below for reasoning on term coloring)

The post looks as same as the other news too.

What do you mean it looks the same? How else would it look? Posts are standardized in presentation.

I think it should go directly at the essential, something simple, nothing superfluous. It would avoid walls of text that would bore the 3/4 of the peoples. Maybe a little more of mystery to it, that could force peoples to ask about details.

Transparency is far more critical to pull in developers. Mystery is exactly what's not needed. Also, that WAS a summary. The post is hardly verbose for anyone with even a modest education (which would be the types of individuals we'd be interested in recruiting). If someone can't be bothered to read a few paragraphs, they have no business working with a team of developers engaging in dialog quadruple that amount on a daily basis.

The background of the post should be always in first position and of another color as same as the important words, so more peoples will notice it and think this is super mega ultra important.

99% of developer/blog posts on the internet don't even use colored/marked syntax as I did. It was an unnecessary flavoring to help distinguish projects.

And finally, an active thread or a new category on the forums, for the guys that never goes on the main page.

I agree. A conjoining thread would be worthwhile to exist.

Just ideas... You know, a lot of peoples don't know this was intended to go on unity. And if peoples here are not enough informed, I don't see, how they would be motivated to do it..

I've not known a single person who found the engine to be ambiguous. Of the few people we've spoken to, every single one was crystal clear on the development platform and rationale.

I think it is an inevitable passage now. And both engines can read c#, right ? So, nothing is really lost ? :\

Both engines? Quake 3 uses C. Unity uses C# (alternatively Unityscript/Boo). Nothing can be transferred between the two directly.

Postscript: nobody goes on the main moddb page of the project, only addon page is checked..

You can't make that assessment based on what you, your friends, or players you know may personally do. Plenty of people visit the main page as well for updates.

Reply with quote Sunday, February 01, 2015

Why would they need to be? (see below for reasoning on term coloring)

Because it would make the essential thing, the main subject more noticeable. It seems like you colored almost only ZEQ2 "incarnations" (couldn't find another word..), so why not using a colored "ZEQ2-unity" or "ZEQ2(Unity)" ? I don't know..

What do you mean it looks the same? How else would it look? Posts are standardized in presentation.

Since it's different than an update announce and that the recruitment is the purpose of it, making it looks different than the others seems normal to me..

Transparency is far more critical to pull in developers. Mystery is exactly what's not needed. Also, that WAS a summary. The post is hardly verbose for anyone with even a modest education (which would be the types of individuals we'd be interested in recruiting). If someone can't be bothered to read a few paragraphs, they have no business working with a team of developers engaging in dialog quadruple that amount on a daily basis.

The "mystery" thing was an example, and messages in a dialog aren't that long..

I have just read the full text, and yeah, there's a difference of vocabulary. (if it's you that have written it)

fiou.. I seem to have a modest education. Surprised

Neutral ..

99% of developer/blog posts on the internet don't even use colored/marked syntax as I did. It was an unnecessary flavoring to help distinguish projects.

The main purpose here is the recruitment. So, it would be normal to distinguish it from other announces.

And it is useful. I would never have read it without few colored words here and there to lighten the whole thing. Laughing

I've not known a single person who found the engine to be ambiguous. Of the few people we've spoken to, every single one was crystal clear on the development platform and rationale.

Who ? Why ? Unity, ambiguous ? Joke ? Laughing

Both engines? Quake 3 uses C. Unity uses C# (alternatively Unityscript/Boo). Nothing can be transferred between the two directly.

Sad.. But it is necessary. And there's still things outside the code than can be transferred.

Unity gets easier to use when updates come. It's an engine for beginners and experienced users. Things can be made easily and amazing ones can be done on this engine.

You can't make that assessment based on what you, your friends, or players you know may personally do. Plenty of people visit the main page as well for updates.

Peoples see it on the ranking page, see a 3D "Dragon Ball Z" game, "cool!", and search for the download link. few situations:

- 70% of the time: "stuff g4m3. 1t 84d 4nd th15 n0 sc0r3.. pff 8ut before 1 w4nt t0 do 4dd0n (a crappy one..)"

- 20% of the time: "Interesting, wanna see more"

*looking at latest news and date*

"... Next one.."

- 5% of the time: "Interesting project, wanna see more"

*coming on forums and stay even if it looks a bit desert sometimes*

- last 5%: *few months after, forgot to test it and don't even know what it is anymore* "the love is that folder ? ZEQ2-lite ? sounds like a virus!" *delete*

Moddb community is more filled with idiotic players than modders "with a modest education", I'm not even sure if it's not more than 70% for these "kikoolols"..

Some are even making accounts to post images they find on internet. And they get to level 50+ (loving active..) Neutral

Anyway.. All of that to say, something more or something else should be done to pass this step. We will loose all what has been done on ZEQ2-lite (except non code things), but tons of advantages will be brought with the new engine arrival.

It's been already more than 1 year that it was planned and nothing new came on the project since the revision 1851..

Plus, since this project is to help peoples becoming developers (isn't it ? Wink ), isn't that good that newcomers can do things on the new engine, that they can't do on the actual ZEQ2-lite because it's already done ?

Postscript: I see that I forgot some situations, like the "I can't download it!" or the "how can I open rar files ?" and many others..

Reply with quote Thursday, February 05, 2015

Because it would make the essential thing, the main subject more noticeable. It seems like you colored almost only ZEQ2 "incarnations" (couldn't find another word..), so why not using a colored "ZEQ2-unity" or "ZEQ2(Unity)" ? I don't know..

The main thing has nothing to do with it being on Unity. Like I explained before, the colors were used to distinguish the various flavors of ZEQ2 that have existed.

Since it's different than an update announce and that the recruitment is the purpose of it, making it looks different than the others seems normal to me..

That makes no sense. What were you expecting? You want us to laden it with explosion gifs and giant italicized red text plump with exclamation points? Keeping posts uniform is important (in terms of web design best practices as well as maintaining a modicum of professionalism).

messages in a dialog aren't that long..

Maybe not with the individuals you speak with; however, I carry myself in instant message conversations the exact same way I do on these forums.

I have just read the full text, and yeah, there's a difference of vocabulary. (if it's you that have written it)

Yes, I wrote the post.

And it is useful. I would never have read it without few colored words here and there to lighten the whole thing. :*laughing out loud*:

If colored terms and shiny images are all that attract someone, they probably are not the type of developer we are looking for. Game development can be extremely droll and tedious at times. If a fraction of that cannot hold an individual's interest, then that's a good tell-tale sign that they'd likely not stick around long when the project progress gets dry.

Sad.. But it is necessary. And there's still things outside the code than can be transferred.

If it were a port of ZEQ2-lite, sure, but that wasn't the original project intent. It was intended to be continuation of the original ZEQ2 project. Even then, the existing characters would benefit more from re-welds, re-rigs, and a unified skeleton.

Peoples see it on the ranking page, see a 3D "Dragon Ball Z" game, "cool!", and search for the download link. few situations:

That's all YOU see publicly. You know absolutely nothing of what goes on behind closed doors. The things that matter most (in terms of development) are most often done in through direct contact or developer channels. What happens on the forums and moddb is largely irrelevant in big picture terms.

It's been already more than 1 year that it was planned and nothing new came on the project since the revision 1851..

Nothing new is supposed to happen unless individuals like you make it happen. There are no long-term plans or centralized development team for ZEQ2-lite; you know this already. The project cannot die nor have a "slowdown" in progress since there is no determined end-goal or arranged flow of updates.

Plus, since this project is to help peoples becoming developers (isn't it ? Wink ), isn't that good that newcomers can do things on the new engine, that they can't do on the actual ZEQ2-lite because it's already done ?

There's still plenty that can be done on ZEQ2-lite and it's hardly "done". It has no end. Yes, Unity would be easier to work with and help people get into modern game development a lot more readily, but the stars simply haven't aligned right for that to happen -- yet.

Uhh.. I think it will never end if I keep replying.. Neutral

If a revision 1 on unity was made (to start making things moving) and proposed to you, what would happen ?

Postscript:

Nothing new is supposed to happen unless individuals like you make it happen.

I don't think the project would advance a lot with individuals like me. Wink

Uhh.. I think it will never end if I keep replying.. Neutral

Please, if you have more to say, do continue. This is an actual critical discussion -- which is what ALL posts/threads on this forum should be.

If a revision 1 on unity was made (to start making things moving) and proposed to you, what would happen ?

Technically, there already is an SVN. It's just not arranged/prepared in a useful way yet. Additional planning needs to be done first.

I don't think the project would advance a lot with individuals like me. Wink

I guarantee less will happen with no individuals attempting at all.

Reply with quote Monday, February 09, 2015

>Zeth

Continuing to argue on the website presentation isn't really useful.. There's something I wanted to say.

Things has to move! We can't stay on such an old engine that is ioq3. Changing it would bring tons of benefits. The only constraint is that everything will be lost (except maps) from ioZEQ2-lite. Why not ? It is the first time that ZEQ2 is changing it's bases ?

It's cool to continue the code on the ioq3 engine (when it happens..), but it won't change the fact that everything (formats, techniques etc..) used begin to be obsolete and even bring constraints with time that is passing. Good luck to change the engine that much by coding.. I don't deny there's still things that can be done, but it's not enough. It's like trying to make awesome characters with edits only (and I know what I'm talking about Laughing ), it may be good, but better things can be done easier with another method.

As it was planned, ZEQ2-lite was meant to move on unity. For me, it's the best choice. It:

- is compatible with latest formats
- uses latest techniques
- keeps being updated for a better and easier use.
- offer helps for beginners and possibilities for advanced developers.

And a lot more..

ZEQ2-lite should make profit of this fantastic engine before it becomes obsolete like it is the case for Quake 3.

One more thing, I'm not spitting on Quake 3, hl1 or any of these engines, I like them. They were used for awesome games that I still enjoy playing. They were great and really optimised. But we have to be realistic. They made their time, it's now not appropriate anymore to use them for this kind of project.

That was the message. For everyone on this forum. I just want everyone to think about this option. It would be cool to have other peoples' opinions since it is quite an important thing regarding the project. That concern everyone.

Eagle

Edit: level up 8 --> 10

New skill obtained: Wall of Text

Finally, I have said nothing about the update announce.. Embarassed

lucygp View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 03, 2015

I'm not spitting on Quake 3

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]