Content

1, 2, 3  >>

Fist Of Ki

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, February 04, 2015

The project

A standalone fan game based on DragonBall Z universe. The game uses Unreal Engine 4 and the game is for free! Because all other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and we have no copyrights to the material.

Founding date

The project was founded in 2014 July 1st.

The team

Project founder/Animator/Technology research

a really cool guy ‘Wolf’ Hood

Lead programmer

Paolo Ferrer

Lead Character and Environment artist

Ramunas Meironas

Environment artist

William Chambers

website

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, February 05, 2015

When I saw the pictures, it remembered me of these:

Further Dragon Ball games will look like that. And this one is the beginning. *super mega extreme intense laughter*

Posted by Fist of Ki in Uncategorized on February 5, 2015

Hello everyone.

The next character planned in tech demo is Prince Vegeta(WIP), this version is with armor, but slightly altered. Giving more tech. type/modern feel to it. As we mentioned before in previous blog posts, the goal of the project is to have realistic look to the characters. Therefore the characters can differ from original concept. ie Costume,cloths, colors of their cloths etc. But, we do want to maintain the facial traits that make the characters visually who they are, more then just the hair and colors of their cloths.

The character is a work in progress and is not a final version(NOT FINAL YET!). The color palette is not final and can be changed. It is also planned of use Apex Cloth for shashes and wristband.

TonicDBZ View user's profile Send private message

That models are so realistic Laughing , and wh1t that master roshi image is so awesome and epic at the same time Laughing Laughing Laughing

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, February 06, 2015

another screenshot :p

Reply with quote Friday, February 06, 2015

Hello everyone.

Today we would like to show one of our in-game map. Cell games map is being done by our artist William. It is definitely still a work in progress, but nevertheless it is already looking great.

Keep in mind that a lot of things(textures, foliage, backdrop of the map, no post processing, no effects and etc.) of the map is finished.

Also, due to the amazing Apex destructive support, you will be able to destroy the arena into pieces, destroy all the rocks and spend many fun hours having 1v1 fights if you choose( we are thinking of adding this as a game mode!). As soon as William is done with the map, we will post in-game video with smashing the arena to shreds.

It is still undecided, but we are thinking of making a 1v1 game mode. In order for players to find out who is better and so on.

Very Happy

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, February 09, 2015

is this the one what Peanut Butter Petey told me... hmmm..

if this is just more in Shooting game, oh please, I am not playing this

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, February 09, 2015

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : is this the one what Peanut Butter Petey told me... hmmm..

if this is just more in Shooting game, oh please, I am not playing this

Shooting game?

You can read all the information about the game on the webpage.

Reply with quote Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Smile

Reply with quote Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Lfs wrote :

Shooting game?

You can read all the information about the game on the webpage.

*ponders*.. I didn't say, if this game is ONLY a Shooting game,

I said if he is MORE in Shooting game,

you can post the information here, because it's hard to find the information about "What-kind-of-a-game"

Reply with quote Friday, February 13, 2015

now this is easy, I just took tutorials from this game engine in 2 hours

it's easy to code , and to make an environment, or you can say world.

This is Exactly like Blender, the program helps you.

This Engine is more in Flying, and Shooting objects.

And for the Character, they used makehuman program. that's why we can see that the characters are "realistic"
and they import it in Blender, and Blender Exports it to specific file for the engine

it's already have bones and it's VERY easy to animate them.

anyone could make their own game like this.

This Engine uses C++ Program too. which is JS I think,

But, this is for strong Computers.

For Combat system, it would be hard. you need coding knowledges for that,

But for Shooting and Flying, Beehh, it would be easy, the Program Helps The creator

I Thought of using MakeHuman in ZEQ2 too BUT

it would only cause LAGS, too many vertices group meshes causes lags. But maybe I could try too reduces it.
oh well, let me try it

Maybe, but it doesn't mean it will be bad.

And that, can only be estimated when it's fully done. Wink

I'm sure this game isn't really serious. Just with the graphics, I can tell it'll be funny as heck. *intense laughter*

But again, it can still have surprises..

yeaaah,.. the only that will surprise me is The Combat system and the Flying System

This game Engine is easy to learn, maybe I will study this
it's amazing.

by the way. look at this

with the Combine of Shooting System and the Flying system
hmm, I don't think they used Flying system.. oh well

maybe I'll forget ZEQ2 for a little while, making characters Bores me right now. there is no Special thing about that right now.

This game engine is great

it's easy to make Maps

No more ZEQ2, maybe I will be just doing addons, characters like Zentoku and GokuLegend

I will try to make a game

Isn't this SNK game the one of moddb (popular) ? This is pretty amazing for a test.

yeah, as I said already for ZEQ2-lite, we can still make amazing things but we will rapidly reach the limits and encounter another constraints. For the characters, it's a lot of repetitive tasks, add the constraints to this and your will can only go down.. That's why working with unity would fix most of the problems. But ZEQ2-lite(unity) need a first revision to motive peoples participating. Since it'll be a simple one, everyone will be able to help before it gets too complicated on every domains.

I once tried to mess with unity on a 2D test game. And only that part of the engine is BIIIIG! There's tons of things that can be done on this engine. Of course it needs a little knowledge on code to make something, but everything is simplified.

Anyway.. I feel like the project is on standby until this moment arrives. I hope I'll be ready in times.

Edit: by the way, good luck if you want to make a game. I hope you won't give up in the middle of the thing. :s

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

che roba..wow very good.. interesting!!

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : now this is easy, I just took tutorials from this game engine in 2 hours

it's easy to code , and to make an environment, or you can say world.

This is Exactly like Blender, the program helps you.

This Engine is more in Flying, and Shooting objects.

And for the Character, they used makehuman program. that's why we can see that the characters are "realistic"
and they import it in Blender, and Blender Exports it to specific file for the engine

anyone could make their own game like this.

This Engine uses C++ Program too. which is JS I think,

But, this is for strong Computers.

For Combat system, it would be hard. you need coding knowledges for that,

But for Shooting and Flying, Beehh, it would be easy, the Program Helps The creator

I Thought of using MakeHuman in ZEQ2 too BUT

it would only cause LAGS, too many vertices group meshes causes lags. But maybe I could try too reduces it.
oh well, let me try it

I am making characters in zbrush from scratch. But I guess this is far beyond your understanding what zbrush is (it was mentioned almost after every character picture there). And *ponders* yeah, I have a question to you, what the heck is that makehuman? I suppose it is another 3rd party trash software. I'd recommend you to start learning to make actual stuff, like learn more about current software trends and actually learn things, instead editing already existing models or just looking for the easiest way with 3rd party trash. And also learn about new tech stuff instead making your own judgement without having actual knowledge or experience, because from what you said it's very obvious Very Happy (like I am really sorry, really, but I could not resist (and no, it's not a sarcasm). If you actually want to learn more about 3D, like really understand what is going on the stage and what is it today, you can contact me. I could give you pointers where to look for references.

Like mentioned before: all done is from scratch without using any previous models. I am making characters with polyflow of 8-12k, using normals, emissive, diffuse, specular, sss, opacity maps all done within zbrush as the current release even allows to modify the topology within it and without moving to 3D editor. Now it is possible to do all high poly modeling, retopology, optimization, UV mapping and texturing just inside zbrush.

The character rigs and weight maps are done in maya by Wolf, so what kind of blender are you talking about....?

About hardware requirements: it should work on average rig, but this is more just a personal experience project as we are learning more and more about the engine itself. Optimization is necessary, definitely, but again this is not an era of Pentium 3 anymore, so this means a lot of cool things such as tesselation, physx, voxels (if even lucky - gigavoxels) and many cool things could be used.

And yes, it is much easier to implement maps within unreal engine 4, it's very user friendly. You can either easily create the maps inside or you can import from 3D editor, but this can require some additional collision work as it is not finalized within engine. Oh and yes, the rest things like lighting, compositing, aligning, textures and so on are just nothing, that is easy and comes from nowhere and even a person with zero knowledge can create a top notch quality stuff. Got me there, Sherlock. The case could be closed, but...

Also, there are many cool features within engine that you need to research about and it is still being in-development so many things are still advancing, so that should be kept in mind.

Also your comments at least sounded very critical (maybe I am mistaken) without experiencing or knowing what is going behind scenes, so please learn more or ask questions instead start complaining about the project. You can start a new discussion about the Unreal Engine and all can be discussed there, this topic is about the game and it's related content, so let's not go off topic about discussing the engine itself.

And for coding, it's possible to use blueprints within unreal engine 4 so you should learn more about it. Paolo is a software engineer/programmer in business and he is definitely learning everything about game mechanics and all from scratch, but he is doing an amazing progress.

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : No more ZEQ2, maybe I will be just doing addons, characters like Zentoku and GokuLegend

I will try to make a game

Oh yeah, looking forward to seeing one Smile.

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Isn't this SNK game the one of moddb (popular) ? This is pretty amazing for a test.

Can you read the names? No, this is a different project and none of us had anything to do with SNK or whatever it is.

@Nello, thanks! Smile

Also, our development team wants this thread to be deleted from these boards. We will keep our progress posted on our blog and those who are interested can follow and the rest can mind their business. Thank you for your understanding Smile.

Reply with quote Saturday, February 14, 2015

Lfs wrote :
Also, our development team wants this thread to be deleted from these boards. We will keep our progress posted on our blog and those who are interested can follow and the rest can mind their business. Thank you for your understanding Smile.

I agree, you can delete this thread Wink

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

I am making characters in zbrush from scratch. But I guess this is far beyond your understanding what zbrush is (it was mentioned almost after every character picture there). And *ponders* yeah, I have a question to you, what the heck is that makehuman? I suppose it is another 3rd party trash software. I'd recommend you to start learning to make actual stuff, like learn more about current software trends and actually learn things, instead editing already existing models or just looking for the easiest way with 3rd party trash. And also learn about new tech stuff instead making your own judgement without having actual knowledge or experience, because from what you said it's very obvious Very Happy (like I am really sorry, really, but I could not resist (and no, it's not a sarcasm).

Please drop the condescending elitist tone. ZBrush isn't new and it's hardly "bleeding edge" software. Not only that, but you know very well that realistic lighting/anatomy has and will always have an established hard boundary. Furthermore, editing content or using non-trendy, non-popularized software is exactly how it starts and becomes so; all sculpting tools were born from this.

The character rigs and weight maps are done in maya by Wolf, so what kind of blender are you talking about....?

Also your comments at least sounded very critical (maybe I am mistaken) without experiencing or knowing what is going behind scenes, so please learn more or ask questions instead start complaining about the project.

He was referring to using Blender as a game engine and comparing it to Unreal 4. There was really nothing at play about the comments made. I'm not sure why you took his fully positive post supporting your work as degrading and in need of a retort.

Forum policy is (and has always been) not to delete threads. You know this, Ramunas. Furthermore, this thread is in the correct sub-forum and serving the exact purpose it should -- as a progress reminder to an external project.

Zeth wrote :
Please drop the condescending elitist tone.

My condescending elitist tone? You disappointed me, Brad, really.

Right, very amazing pipeline.

In the first place, if the guy does not understand anything, he should stay away from judging things and would rather ask instead. That was my whole point.

Secondly, I know myself what editing content can lead to and that you can work perfectly with 'non-popularized' software perfectly and it is actually done in industry, but again you must learn to use it.

And no, we don't know. We kindly ask to delete this, because we are trying to avoid the unneeded discussions and misunderstandings.

And finally IF the guy didn't critize this so much, then again, another topic should be created FOR UNREAL ENGINE 4. Likewise, like you've said before this is about external project, so this should be kept that way, isn't it?

My condescending elitist tone? You disappointed me, Brad, really.

Please. Elucidate me. In what regard were you not condescending with the paragraphs I quoted? You very clearly were downplaying the commentator's knowledge and software compared to yours. Even if you were attempting to lay on thick coats of sardonic (or even satirical) undertones, the presentation muddled any ability to discern.

In the first place, if the guy does not understand anything, he should stay away from judging things and would rather ask instead. That was my whole point.

I'm not disagreeing that someone lacking knowledge should be asking questions instead of making blanket generalizations. However, I don't feel that was the case in at least one of the posts that were quoted.

And no, we don't know. We kindly ask to delete this, because we are trying to avoid the unneeded discussions and misunderstandings.

So you don't want your project to be discussed, yet you are making it publicly available? That's counter-intuitive.

And finally IF the guy didn't critize this so much, then again, another topic should be created FOR UNREAL ENGINE 4. Likewise, like you've said before this is about external project, so this should be kept that way, isn't it?

To an extent, sure. His comments were tangential though. They were still very directly related to "Fist of Ki" in terms of its engine choice and developmental practices. A new topic should only exist if the discussion was designed to be continued and pertained exclusively to the engine.

you don't know Blender?

this is my works

Blender is a COMPLETE 3D package , While Zbrush is more in Sculpting Tool

FaK your Tool

Blueprints in UE4 is easy as eating.

>Lfs

I was reffering to the test of the "Shingeki No Kyojin" game.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

What's a sardonic undertone?

Skatter #*&@%! View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, February 15, 2015

DBZkrisfhugz wrote :
[Edited quote to remove a question posed as mockery.]

[Edited quote to remove vain attempt at a intellectually lacking pissing contest.]

Blender is a COMPLETE 3D package , While Zbrush is more in Sculpting Tool

[Edited quote to remove overall completely poor attitude.]

[Edited quote to remove opinion that couldn't be helpful or constructive if it wanted to.]

Once we get rid of the unnecessaries, you're left with one half-point that has nothing to do with the project or thread in any real way.

Zeth wrote : Forum policy is (and has always been) not to delete threads. You know this, . Furthermore, this thread is in the correct sub-forum and serving the exact purpose it should -- as a progress reminder to an external project.

I understand why you keep threads, but at the very least, posts like I quoted above, as well as my own should be deleted, as they aren't reminders of progress, but tinkle-poor attitude. Ramunas often does come off as a critically overwhelming and hostile entity, but to be fair he isn't the only one coming off that way in this thread.

TRL wrote : What's a sardonic undertone?

It's not an undertone jam-packed with lots of tiny fish! It's just your average, everyday "just got out of highschool so I have all the answers" brand of cynicism. Razz

As for the project itself, LFS, the move toward semi-realism does absolutely nothing for me, and I'm sure you're not looking for any sort of input there, but it still looks like you guys have a promising start so I'll just wish you guys luck and hope it's a fruitful endeavor for everyone working on it.

Reply with quote Sunday, February 15, 2015

I understand why you keep threads, but at the very least, posts like I quoted above, as well as my own should be deleted, as they aren't reminders of progress, but tinkle-
poor attitude.

We don't really have the moderation staff to micromanage individual user post content. I try to generally catch flat-out illegal/rule-breaking posts but quality control is more often something handled by a rating/karma system via communities -- a feature we lack on these ancient boards.

Ramunas often does come off as a critically overwhelming and hostile entity, but to be fair he isn't the only one coming off that way in this thread.

You are correct, he's not the only one who crosses certain lines, but he IS someone I've known and worked with for a long period of time. I'm often far more critical (objectively) of my friends/colleagues than I am of complete strangers.

1, 2, 3  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]