Content

<<  1, 2, 3

Spritehaven: A Fairy Tale

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Acaryus wrote : Sweet animations.
I'm really starting to like it. The game looks good thus far! Also digging the giant teapot! Smile

Believe it or not, the teapot is just the default 3DS Max teapot primitive with some minor modifications... Razz

I have to go back and make more adjustments to it though seeing as collision only works on one side of any two-sided geometry, so when you go inside, you can fly out through the top since I never added in geometry there to prevent it...

In other news, I'm working on another "much smaller" game right now with the intention of getting this one out quickly so I can have a released game on my resume... Small teaser/preview/demo of it here. Might change it to first person view, but this is what I have so far, and I expect to finish this within the next week or so(my initial time limit on this was a week, but I've since changed it to a week worth of actually working on it, so I'm technically on Work-Day 5...).

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The legendary teapot.. Wasn't it the first thing to be modeled in 3D ? (if I remember right)

And cool, an horror game! I like these. :p

Can't wait to test!

Reply with quote Friday, October 30, 2015

Was completely intending on having this out a few months ago, but financial problems, time management issues, work interference, exc.... Blegh, suffice to say RL bit me in the buttocks a little on keeping this project on track...

Anyways, I'm releasing the first playable demo of Spritehaven today, and am going to be attempting another Kickstarter campaign (or something similar) just as soon as I get reliable internet back up in my house, so I can get the proper funding to finish fleshing this game out like it deserves...

Download Link!

Instructions:
Simply download the game, and unzip the files into any folder, and run the executable, it should work. Might not run smoothly on lower end machines, I'm not 100% sure on minimum specifications yet, but I'll list my laptop specifications for the moment since it works for me.

Mimimum specifications:
Windows 8.1 or higher (Might work with Vista or 7, not sure... Needs to be at least a 64-bit Windows OS)
AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 2.7 GHz
8 GB RAM

Recommended....?
Better than above, but specifically would suggest at least a Quad Core Processor, and dedicated near-current generation Video Card....

New Features!

Item Placement:
Added new item placing mode. Options are still somewhat limited, but flexible enough for a proper demonstration. You can activate this mode by pressing Alt to toggle your cursor, and then pressing 1 (not Numpad... Yet...).

You can swap objects to place by pressing the [ and ] bracket keys. You can also Rotate the objects by using the Q and E keys.

To place the object, simply move your cursor around on the screen, and Left Click once the object is in the position you want to drop it in.

To remove/delete placed items, follow the same steps as for placing, but instead press 2 (not Numpad... Yet...) and then click on the desired object.

New Character options!

Added additional Hair and Chest options for Female characters.
Adjusted some cloth simulation parameters for the Skirt meshes, they should no longer "flail wildly in the air like they just don't care"... Still some clipping issues though, as there also are with other leg options...

Added systems to track and display current stats of your character, as well as updated some of the initial values. Movement related stats are currently the only ones that are relevant, Drop Rate stats are not in use yet...

Added new Zoom and Rotation buttons to the character creation screen to get a better look at the character when creating your Fairy.

NPCs!

NPCs are now mostly functional, and can now interact with the player. Simply walk up to one and press Enter (Again, not Numpad...) to talk to them.

NPCs will now either stand still, or wander a predesignated path, but will stop if in range to talk with a player.

Some NPCs will have more than one thing to say, talk to them a second time to hear all they have to say!

More features to come in future updates for the full version, along with a more completed "story" than the flimsily short one presented in this demo...

Notes:

I have not fully stress tested object placement mode yet, so I'm not sure how many objects you can drop before it severely hinders performance...

This demo is free to download and play and/or redistribute as much as you want, just refer people back to spritehaven.com if you do.

Yes, the character creator is still not very robust yet, and definitely nowhere near a replacement for City of Heroes, especially since this is still currently only single player, but it's the best I can do as a solo developer when I spend more time building up the game mechanics than the actual visuals...

Anyways, enjoy, test it, let me know if you find any glaring bugs, if it doesn't run, if your computer explodes, exc.... Just try not to fly out too far... I haven't put blocking volumes in yet to keep the player from flying out of the map...

2.7GHz ? 8GB RAM ?!

Never going to work with my config. 'Very Happy

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : 2.7GHz ? 8GB RAM ?!

Never going to work with my config. 'Very Happy

Well shucks... That's what I run it with, and I have to crank all the settings down to minimum just to get decent performance. You can try with your system anyways if you want, I could use the info for knowing exactly how low the exact minimum really is, and if it still runs then great, if not, then I know at least a little more about how low is too low...

Edit:

Oh, and because I apparently forgot to list them, here's the controls:

Controls:

Standard WASD movement, Space to fly up, and F to toggle on/off Flight. Escape to open the Pause Menu, and Alt to toggle on/off the Mouse Cursor.

Reply with quote Saturday, October 31, 2015

Just tested, it's really laggy. I would estimate the framerate at around 5-10. It seems like the animated models(sprites?) are a cause of framerate decrease, you should make an option for them as well. After, since it was so blurred and I couldn't really see what was around, I can't tell what else could make it lags (from the environment rendering).

Did you use LODs ? In this case it may be really useful.

<<  1, 2, 3

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]