Content

Happy 26th aniversary!

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 26, 2015

Was at a panel at the Chicago Comic-Con yesterday with Christopher Sabat, and Sean Schemmel, (Vegeta and Goku for those of you who don't know for whatever unimaginable reason...), and while they were talking about their history working on the show, they made mention, reminding me even, that today, April 26th, is the 26th aniversary of Dragonball Z first airing in Japan.

So I thought I'd post that little bit of trivia here for you folks... Happy aniversary of us having something to talk and debate about here!

Also, side note, they seemed to be having nerdgasms at the idea of new movies and new transformations/levels for the characters to reach...

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

they made mention, reminding me even, that today, April 26th, is the 26th aniversary of Dragonball Z first airing in Japan.

Very Happy

Also, side note, they seemed to be having nerdgasms at the idea of new movies and new transformations/levels for the characters to reach...

D:

Was at a Robotech panel today, it's been confirmed, Robotech and Voltron are having a crossover made (comic I believe).

Also, Sony Pictures recently signed a deal for a live-action Robotech movie... Assuming it doesn't turn into another Michael Bay travesty like Ninja Turtles (from space.... What the **** Michael Bay? Seriously, what the ****?!) or Dragonball Evolution (I'm not even going there... I just... I don't even...), or the deal falls through and nothing happens(again), it could be interesting to see...

Talks are also happening regarding Robotech video games, which while mostly seemed to be about revamping semi-recent games like Battlecry, I would love to see Robotech games start being made again.

Sorry Dragonball Z, as much as I love you, you were not my first love in the anime world, Robotech holds that prestigious place...

GoldenWarrior View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 27, 2015

You're the middle man.. haha just kidding.
Anyway this is awesome, you can tell that Dragon Ball Z fans really like the show for it to be around 26 years later.

Reply with quote Monday, April 27, 2015

GoldenWarrior wrote : You're the middle man.. haha just kidding.
Anyway this is awesome, you can tell that Dragon Ball Z fans really like the show for it to be around 26 years later.

Not just that it's still around, but more the fact that there's still always new stuff being made for it(movies, games, hybrids that are kind of both, I.e. games with animated movie style cutscenes), and the fans are still geeking out over it, even despite some misses over the years that eventually faded away(like the CCG... I still have about 2-3 hundred cards for the DBZCCG, including two cards autographed by the voice actors that played Krillin and Android 18, and an Ultra Rare of Goku's Cell Games level 4 personality card that use to be worth upwards of $100...)...

The series itself, despite its often complained about repetitiveness and overly simplified plots, still holds strong next to newer anime today, and not many other anime from the 80s and 90s can say that.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]