Content

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  >>

New Dragonball anime to debut in July

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 28, 2015

We're back!

Cool Cool

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-28/dragon-ball-gets-1st-new-tv-anime-in-18-years-in-july/.87608

English PR; http://www.toei-animation.com/files/Press_Release_DBS_ENG_0.pdf

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

So it'll be for replacing gt ? Or confirming this universes bullcrap theory ?

I hope it'll be good. I don't want another crappy souvenir for my 18th birthday..

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/04/28/new-dragon-ball-super-tv-series-announced-for-2015/

"The story and characters will be developed by original manga author Akira Toriyama himself and will star veteran voice actress Masako Nozawa."

Postscript. This news is trending worldwide...

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Seen it I'm really...can't find the words but awesome Shocked Cool Very Happy

Acaryus Cutting-Edge View user's profile Send private message

Hype!

SSJ50000 View user's profile Send private message

Noooooooo! With Naruto ending, I was on the verge of retiring permanently from watching anime. But rather than cursing up a storm, I find myself shedding tears of joy... It's like suddenly being in some bizarre alternate universe. I wake up one lousy day after being stuffed full of anesthetics and from just barely getting a glance at a headline, I am suddenly wide awake and with an intense heartbeat and excitement that I haven't felt in years. It's like somebody gathered the dragon balls and wished for the fan boy in me to be revived.

I guess after doing BoG and Fukkatsu no F, Toriyama found he likes just sticking to doing the writing and charater designs since he is able to make new stories without having to go through the stress of drawing and meeting deadlines. Now he gets to sit back and laugh as that burden is passed on the animation staff. Laughing

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 02, 2015

Meh I think the stick is about to break from beating this dead horse ^^;

Zielan KoRnified View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 02, 2015

Grega wrote : Meh I think the stick is about to break from beating this dead horse ^^;

Unfortunately I agree.
I really feel sorry for Toriyama-san.

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, May 03, 2015

Can't wait to see more lazy-buttocks palette swaps.

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, May 04, 2015

I hope it won't be like BoG or Fukkatsu no F...
I mean... I hope it won't be as BAD as two mentioned Razz

Newfolder wrote : I hope it won't be like BoG or Fukkatsu no F...
I mean... I hope it won't be as BAD as two mentioned Razz

Are the 2 really that bad? Because to me it seems more like it is just going back to its roots in the first chapters of Dragonball, where a desert bandit gets KOd by seeing a girl and animal people are as many as humans.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Are the 2 really that bad? Because to me it seems more like it is just going back to its roots in the first chapters of Dragonball, where a desert bandit gets KOd by seeing a girl and animal people are as many as humans.

Depends on what you are in it for. Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z likely got their separation when crossing the ocean due to the tonality change between the respective sets.

There's a big difference in structure. One is a story focused around the day to day quests/adventures of a young martial artist in a whimsical world. Compare that to constant battles/struggles based around planet-busting powerhouses with "world-ending" stakes omnipresent and constant scale-shifting revelations.

My point is that you are bound to be catering to completely different audiences. Attempting to reconcile the two halves of the journey isn't exactly something that happens naturally to most.

Reply with quote Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Zeth wrote :

Depends on what you are in it for. Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z likely got their separation when crossing the ocean due to the tonality change between the respective sets.

There's a big difference in structure. One is a story focused around the day to day quests/adventures of a young martial artist in a whimsical world. Compare that to constant battles/struggles based around planet-busting powerhouses with "world-ending" stakes omnipresent and constant scale-shifting revelations.

My point is that you are bound to be catering to completely different audiences. Attempting to reconcile the two halves of the journey isn't exactly something that happens naturally to most.

To be honest. I alwys loved the fights in Dragonball a lot more than I did the ones in Dragon Ball Z. There was more finesse to them. more than just power/transformation. There was more strategy and technique involved. And that's what got me hooked on the series in the first place. Sure Z has some cool and badass moments, but the fights have a pretty intellectually lacking coreography.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, May 05, 2015

To be honest. I alwys loved the fights in Dragonball a lot more than I did the ones in Dragon Ball Z. There was more finesse to them. more than just power/transformation. There was more strategy and technique involved. And that's what got me hooked on the series in the first place. Sure Z has some cool and badass moments, but the fights have a pretty intellectually lacking coreography.

Sure, but everyone is drawn by different elements. I was mostly entranced by Bruce Faulconer's widely-versed, moody electronic soundtrack and the fact that the series seemed to have a range of fighters of similar value/purpose. Keep in mind, I initially started around Android/Cell Saga not realizing that every other series threat would always amount to "Whelp, Goku will save the day in the end".

Had they pushed aside Goku as a deus ex machina (as well as Naruto in his respective series) and actually let other characters alternate in the lime-light in varying regards, both series could have attained that ridiculously rare Final Fantasy 6 "no singular, central protagonist meta-concept" -- which has incidentally been employed to a smaller extent (and in a generalized way) via an archetypical cast splatter in newer web-comics like Homestuck in order to build/sustain a fanbase.

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 07, 2015

I wish One Piece can teach Akira Toriyama.

One Piece fights are logic and techniques to fight..

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : I wish One Piece can teach Akira Toriyama.

One Piece fights are logic and techniques to fight..

Seriously?

Watch some fights from the first or second martial arts tournament in Dragonball.

One piece isn't about technique, it's about throwing special attacks at each other. A real pitfall of the genre really. Well that and the dragging on at snails pace. Its like "lets use 2 episodes to tell a backstory that we could use 10 minutes to convey just as fine, but with a few less stareoffs. It makes for some boooooooooooring eps.

by the way this is a great fight -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3uXACK16L8

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Grega wrote :

Loved it and sad it had around 25 episodes only Crying or Very sad

Richma wrote :

Grega wrote :

Loved it and sad it had around 25 episodes only Crying or Very sad

yeah they even pulled a switched engine. The manga really goes deep in to bloodlines and explains so much the anime just leaves out.

Grega wrote :

Seriously?

Watch some fights from the first or second martial arts tournament in Dragonball.

I was mentioning to Dragon Ball Z and GT .. They are just THROWING KI!!

Grega wrote :
One piece isn't about technique, it's about throwing special attacks at each other.

Do you watch one piece very well?? it isn't about special attacks.. it's about Devil fruit and Haki users. Also how will they use their skills.

At the old episodes of One Piece.. we don't see the power of "Haki" because they didn't mentioned yet.. the reasons why we can attack Logia Types is because of Armament Haki.. Armament Haki is Useful because it's like the sea stone, meaning, Devil Fruit users are weak when they fight against Haki users. Just like in Dragon Ball.. even more logic in Dragon Ball..

Don't Kid me..
Did you even know why Luffy beat the Warlord "Crocodile: the one who uses sands..

Luffy had no match..because he is Logia Type, he is Sand.. The weakness of Sand is Water.. so he uses his Blood.. https://youtu.be/D3k8Mz66Qf8?t=12m40s

Luffy vs Lucci CP9: Luffy had no match with his strength and speed.. but he used his Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd..

The fact how Lucci lost because Luffy used his Gear 3rd which he can't avoid it.. and he broke his balanced bcause of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gli-94K4EQ
Luffy vs Hawkeye @Marine Ford: Luffy didn't stretch his arms to fight.. Why? because Hawk can easily cut his arms if he tries to stretch it.. you know what he did?? Gear 2nd+ close range combat

the one that you showed the Video is pretty nice..

Taste this logic fight of One Piece https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yzGba31ces
his opponent uses Armament Haki( Tekkai )
Meaning, his opponent is a Haki User and a Devil Fruit user( Door Door Fruit)
There are different ways to use Armament Haki.. it can be use to harden your Body as Defend.. can release a "Slash" like the slash in Bleach(ichigo). Can add some strength in your attacks like a shockeWave covering your hands

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, May 08, 2015

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : Taste this logic fight of One Piece https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yzGba31ces

I think that's exactly what Grega was pointing at. That fight was completely over the top, full with "special" attacks. I haven't seen One Piece so I cannot say anything, but if that is the logic behind One Piece fights that looks more like Dragon Ball Z than Dragon Ball. I believe Grega was saying that THIS is better than THIS.

GoldenWarrior View user's profile Send private message

I know this is out of the blue, but I'm really excited for this. I really wish they can make Tapion cannon. Sure the other movies were more of side/what-if's, but I think it would be awesome, that way Trunks can get his sword. Plus Tapion looks like Chrono from Chrono Trigger. I really hope this goes good for Akira, because people really like this show after all these years.

GoldenWarrior wrote : I know this is out of the blue, but I'm really excited for this. I really wish they can make Tapion cannon. Sure the other movies were more of side/what-if's, but I think it would be awesome, that way Trunks can get his sword. Plus Tapion looks like Chrono from Chrono Trigger. I really hope this goes good for Akira, because people really like this show after all these years.

Tapion looks like Chrono because he basically is. Toriyama designed the Chrono Trigger cahrs to begin with. So there are many similarities to Dragonball and Dr.Slump.

And mima yeah that's somewhat right. I'm not saying its better, I'm saying the fight with Krillin has less special moves and is more about actual fighting technique. Positioning, footwork and coordination. Where in Dragon Ball Z its pretty much "Insert specfial attack" here every single fight. Like a twisted obligation to name every single move just for better marketing later down the line. So they are stuck to those same moves over and over and over.

And lets not forget Dragon Ball and bloppity blip bloop are 10 years apart.

Something closer to the bloppity blip bloop animation era would be this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krLkOA1NFKE

Fights involving actual technique instead of just random attack throwing. heck even the martial artists in bloppity blip bloop are reduced to "specials only" later down the line. Sanji pretty much just goes "special attack name" every time he fights, while he started off as a more free form character.

*facepalm* you guys don't understand the Haki and Devil fruit in One Piece. I think the reason why they say "special attack" so that the Watcher/Viewer will know his attacks, so that the Watcher/Viewer will understand the fight.
Sanji's attacks.. yeah they are so.. boring.. I think his special attacks are just the same attack = kicking

anyways.. I was not pointing to Dragon Ball.. I was pointing to Dragon Ball Z.

Dragon Ball Z just throwing Ki and Just need to Level Up to win
One piece, you need strategy to defeat your opponent.

I love Dragon Ball

Mima .. well you haven't watched Luffy yet so far.. Luffy is just like Goku Kid.

When I watched Goku doing Kamehameha to boost his speed to encounter Krillin.. The same thing as Luffy.. He use is Gommu Gommu no Fussen to boost is speed to encounter Crocodile. https://youtu.be/D3k8Mz66Qf8?t=15m24s

Corcodile: Sand (you can't hit sand)
Luffy: Rubber
the reason why Luffy can Punch Crocodile because he uses his Blood. Blood is Water too

GoldenWarrior View user's profile Send private message

No one watched Dragon Ball *opens popcorn stand* haha just kidding

Zielan KoRnified View user's profile Send private message

I guess what Kris is trying to convey is that even though One Piece characters yell out most of their attacks, they are at least a bit more grounded in reality (Yeah, certainly very realistic Razz).

He's trying to convey that most of the attacks aren't just throw away attacks that will always work on every enemy, since some of them are immune to say physical damage, getting burnt and that sort of thing.
They often have very tactical reasoning behind their usage.

There's a sort of Pokemon like dynamic to techniques in One Piece. Some of them are effective, some are not effective and some can even cancel each other out.

I gotta say though that as the series progressed we started to see less and less of regular brawler fights and more of a technique spam. (it can be attributed to the fact they they travel further and further into more dangerous areas, where some of the techniques are required to even attack. The three "Haki" would be a good example of that [they are required to even do any sort of damage to certain type of devil fruit users that are tied to elemental powers that make them seemingly invincible as they can fully change into the element they control example] .

It has never been completely removed though.
https://youtu.be/11bb9VRrbo0?t=51

Although there is one thing One Piece will always have over Dragon Ball Z.
Characters never get obsolete.
While in Dragon Ball Z, some characters become simple punching bags after Frieza saga.
One Piece always tries to drive the point that the One Piece protagonist roster is a team, they make several plot points where the group gets separated or pitted against each other, which REALLY cripples their abilities.
While Luffy (the main character) is definitively the strongest of them, they make the point almost ad nauseam that he cannot do well without the support/help of his friends.

Meanwhile Krillin/Tenshinhan/Yamucha/Vegeta are almost always just stages for the villain to get to Goku.

This is not a defense of One Piece in anyway though, there is no way to escape the fact that it's just a power fantasy Shonen manga/anime that lacks any real sophistication. It's lacking, but that's part of the fun.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]