Content

1, 2  >>

:o ?

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, June 16, 2015

:O

It's amazing what we can be fine in the source code. Is there other things of this kind, Zeth ? Laughing

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

This has been in there for a while, although it's buggy and doesn't always show up in-game unfortunately. But it is a nifty little easter egg...

(I had to make some minor code changes just to force it to show up for the below screenshot, and I'd commit the change to the SVN, but it causes the powerlevel to read 0 when it doesn't meet the right conditions to display that message... I think there's some kind of conflict that's causing it to be overridden as the code is on the SVN currently, which is why it seldom is displayed now...)

Quite funny, I like the idea behind this easter egg. Razz

Update on my last post, did some more tinkering and I figured out how to fix it, so it now displays both this message, and properly displays your current powerlevel when the condition is not being met.

Also adjusted it to check for a small range between 9,001 and 9,010 to slightly increase the chance of seeing it. The code can be lowered back down to strictly check if it's 9,001 again though, but I figured a range would be nicer to work with.

Updates are now viewable in revision 1915 if you want to mess around with it...

1915 ?? DOWNLOADIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!

by the way, why did I get an hud glitch (can't die from zanzoken) by removing the playermodel menu's access zone of the main menu (UI/menu.c)??

There's no connection between the two however, am I right ? :\

I removed the thing neatly (access zone, player model display and shadow), but I got this weird glitch..

Don't get too excited there, I don't know what all else has been changed for the last hundred or so revisions, and the only thing I changed with 1914/1915 was to fix this easter egg so it will actually work as intended... There's probably still bunches of other things in that revision that are broken/incomplete still.

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :
by the way, why did I get an hud glitch (can't die from zanzoken) by removing the playermodel menu's access zone of the main menu (UI/menu.c)??

There's no connection between the two however, am I right ? :\

No clue, haven't messed with that portion of the code myself yet. For that matter, I'm somewhat surprised I remembered enough to fix the easter egg on the powerlevel meter as quickly as I did...

I have already tested the 1913, yes there's some bugs. (the mêlée engagement is hard to do since the character can't go straight forward when being near the target, the hud is bugged as well and you can't die etc..)

But I want to see that easter egg!

No clue, haven't messed with that portion of the code myself yet. For that matter, I'm somewhat surprised I remembered enough to fix the easter egg on the powerlevel meter as quickly as I did...

Mmh.. Anyway. Thanks for fixing this easter egg. That's really nice of you. Smile

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :

Mmh.. Anyway. Thanks for fixing this easter egg. That's really nice of you. Smile

If you want to add it to a previous revision, such as the 1536 stable revision, you can always download that revision's source files, and just add in the changes that I made with the 1914 revision to that revision's copy of that same file(I doubt much has changed with that specific portion of the code, so just compare the differences), and recompile the engine.

I could probably make some kind of patch or merge the change into 1536 myself, but I'd rather not start messing with a previous version when we should really be trying to finish stuff in the more recent revisions. That, and I'm not sure what other issues it may cause for people who are currently running 1536 but don't have the fix, who would be on the same servers as those who might download 1536 with the fix... Could cause crashes, version incompatibilities, exc., but not sure... Either way, I'd rather not fuss with it since it's just a minor fix...

I think it would be lacking in identifiable function to fix it for the 1536. We shouldn't add more things to it. It's good as it is. 'Very Happy

By the way, I have just tested, the Kaioken makes the condition easy to be validated (since it makes the power level grow slowly), it can be seen for a quarter of a second. Maybe a range of 10 was too much.

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : I think it would be lacking in identifiable function to fix it for the 1536. We shouldn't add more things to it. It's good as it is. 'Very Happy

By the way, I have just tested, the Kaioken makes the condition easy to be validated (since it makes the power level grow slowly), it can be seen for a quarter of a second. Maybe a range of 10 was too much.

I was considering leaving it at 1, but I figured the slightly larger range would increase the odds someone who doesn't know about it would see it by accident and be amused by it. And considering the likelihood of someone increasing the charge rate for their server from 1 to 100, they'd probably blow right past it anyways from overcharging past it.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 17, 2015

It was intended to only show up on exactly 9001 power level. You can easily trigger it by using g_powerlevel 9001, starting a new map, and then maxing out.

Nevermind about the glitch. I found that there is no 1536 on the list (downloads the 1535 instead) and some things are a bit different like the fatigue features Zeth added in the 1534, the death bug (or is it ?) and the fixed ki ball physics.

Edit:

>Zeth

Saw that.

I tried to use the tier.cfg or even lower the power level to this level, but the 3 times I got to 9001, I didn't get the message.

I tried to use the tier.cfg or even lower the power level to this level, but the 3 times I got to 9001, I didn't get the message.

Considering the string formatting display of power level was altered in later revisions, the implementation could have been overridden. It was added well before the initial 2009 release.

But now, it is fixed! Very Happy

TEEEEEEEEEEEST!

HUD test online. - Mod Dragon Ball

Now, I need to find where the data of the HUD's physical side are (to manage bars).

Zeth wrote : It was intended to only show up on exactly 9001 power level. You can easily trigger it by using g_powerlevel 9001, starting a new map, and then maxing out.

That's what I was thinking at first, but either way, it's a simple enough change to put it back to being specifically 9001... In fact, I just did and added the change onto the SVN... At least now, it should actually work as originally intended.

Reply with quote Thursday, June 18, 2015

I was reading the latest revision's code and I found a lot of stuff relating to teams and score.. More than the 1535... THE F*** ?

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : I was reading the latest revision's code and I found a lot of stuff relating to teams and score.. More than the 1535... THE F*** ?

Not sure, but someone may have been trying to reimplement a scoreboard, and possibly add a team mode, but I couldn't tell you who, when, or how far they've progressed on it...

Well, the team select menu is already available in game. From what I have seen of the scoreboard thing in the code, it seems pretty advanced already. (the scoreboard interface seems to contains players icons etc.. oO)

Wow.. In plus of the new scoreboard/team things, quake3's code is way too much present..

More than the quart of the code is lacking in identifiable function on ZEQ2-Lite.. Neutral

More than the quart of the code is lacking in identifiable function on ZEQ2-Lite..

That's kind of the reason an engine switch is advisable. Thousands of lines of code have already been removed/optimized/rewritten to be more practical, but Quake 3 still has thousands more that simply aren't used, are redundant, or are thrown all over the place haphazardly.

Without existing knowledge or severe cleanups, it's a nightmare to work in Quake 3.

I think it's mostly the fact that peoples were continuing working on that base instead of cleaning it at first. Having a more complex code on this crappy base (about the Quake 3 code left here and there), makes it even less practicable of work!

The latest revisions have some interesting features, but OH MY lloyd JUST TO READ THE CODE!! It's a real pain.. oO

And some smart peoples (sarcasm) decided to re-instaure a scoreboard and a team systems! I understand why there was no more code change since a long!!!

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]