Content

1, 2  >>

Learn Blender(HD characters)

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, June 18, 2015

Hello, Since there is only few guys who can make HD characters here like Anty, Nello, and other guys that I don't know. I'm going to make tutorials How to make HD characters and HD animations

There will be only 7 tutorials Video, and it will be enough. 15 minutes per Video.

Introduction of Blender Works:

1. How my Animations Works

2. How my Animations Works in game

If you want to learn Blender By Yourself. I could give you my Blender, the latest md3 exporter(working) and tag exporter that you can't really find easily. I'm going to upload here later, I'll sleep first.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Uh, no offense, but what exactly is the difference between your "HD" models/animations and normal modeling/animation techniques...? I don't see anything here that's different from the normal modeling/rigging/animation techniques that everyone already uses, and while some of it looks pretty decent, your animations and skinning could use some work(specifically, that atrocious walk cycle, and the stretching occuring on some mesh elements caused by bones that shouldn't have any influence on them, such as Luffy's hat stretching when you stretched the arm.)...

Shenku wrote : Uh, no offense, but what exactly is the difference between your "HD" models/animations and normal modeling/animation techniques...?.

nice question. Yes there is a Difference between them..
wait. I'll just make some Video for you. I planned to show this on my tutorial.. but anyway. You opened this Question.

also. these "bones" that I am using, They call it "Pitchipoy's Rigify".. Why they made this Pitchipoy Rig if there is no difference between them and Normal Bones?? yes there is a difference. I'll just make some Vid Presentation

yes you are right. This bone is Useful, You can do
Muscle growing while transformation. And Hair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfZaOPzbyK8

About Stretching Luffy's arm and the Hat Stretched also.
I only did Automatic Influence, They call it on Blender "Automatic Weights". I could fix that less than 10mins, I just did some quick Video Presentation.

I'll just make Some Videos for the differences.

I can't really explain on Text, because you need to see it.

Well I didn't actually say anything about the bones themselves, just the skinning to them. Technically speaking, you don't even need to use bone systems of any kind to rig a mesh, you can use simple box primitives if you really want, which would also allow you to scale and stretch a mesh durring animations like this. Not ideal, but it can work.

And using the automatic skin weighting is good for simple models, but anything with a lot of complex or overlapping shapes should really be done manually. The hat, Luffy's hair moving with his eyebrows, Luffy's heel not bending with the rest of his foot, exc., could all be avoided by just taking the extra 10 minutes. If you want to show stuff off for a tutorial series, you have to make sure you do everything 100% or else people watching the video might make the same mistakes and perpetuate bad habits.

I'm not trying to be negative or anything, I'm just suggesting these things because I know you're capable of better than this, and the extra effort will be even more helpful for people who watch these to learn.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

What do you call "HD" ? Is this a tutorial for beginners or advanced users ? Will this tutorial be only on animations ? Or the full process to make a character (modeling/renders/animations/import)?

And most importantly. Since this tutorial is teaching how to make HD characters (and probably ressource hungry), will you talk about optimizations techniques ?

It's a quite confusing introduction.

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : What do you call "HD" ? Is this a tutorial for beginners or advanced users ? Will this tutorial be only on animations ? Or the full process to make a character (modeling/renders/animations/import)?

And most importantly. Since this tutorial is teaching how to make HD characters (and probably ressource hungry), will you talk about optimizations techniques ?

It's a quite confusing introduction.

if you read.. "introduction of Works"

I didn't introduce the tutorial yet..

and you are Funny, you said :
"full process to make character (modeling/renders/animations/import) *laughing out loud*.

and yes, I will teach everything...

Uploading Video...

Now I'm well informed. (I think)

Shenku wrote : Well I didn't actually say anything about the bones themselves, just the skinning to them. Technically speaking, you don't even need to use bone systems of any kind to rig a mesh, you can use simple box primitives if you really want, which would also allow you to scale and stretch a mesh durring animations like this. Not ideal, but it can work.

that's right

Shenku wrote : And using the automatic skin weighting is good for simple models, but anything with a lot of complex or overlapping shapes should really be done manually. The hat, Luffy's hair moving with his eyebrows, Luffy's heel not bending with the rest of his foot, exc., could all be avoided by just taking the extra 10 minutes. If you want to show stuff off for a tutorial series, you have to make sure you do everything 100% or else people watching the video might make the same mistakes and perpetuate bad habits.

I know that, that video was months ago, I just showed that to public to see how my animations Works. It is an example also that Putting Automatic Weights on Entire Model is bad.

What I do is manually.

here is an Example of Normal bones and Rigify

hmm I think there is no Difference at all, because They could be The same, you can Manually Animate the Normal Bones to like that. Normal Bones just have handicap.

Imagine Raising your Hand.. How many bones just moved? For Average normal animator, of course, They would just rotate the entirely arm bone. Normally, there are 3 bones will move with different positions and angles when raising your hand, Depending on the First position, 2 bones will just move.

Rigify helps you to move the bones using a box or any other shapes like you said. Rigify helps you animate the model close to the reality but in Normal Bones, you will manually animate them.

mantis tubogan View user's profile Send private message

Shouldn't this be in the Learning Forum?

From what you're saying it sounds like all Rigify is, is basically just an animation rigging tool, similar to 3DS Max's CAT Rig, that's designed to make it easier to animate a character. Remember though that it's just a tool, and unless you spend a lot of time and effort to actually use it right, you'll end up with horrendous animations like your "Wild Goku" thing's walk cycle animation(Seriously, it looks like he has wooden planks tied to his legs and spine or something from the way he hobbles and leans side to side like that...)... Even CAT Rig can produce some pretty nightmarish results if I'm not extremely careful with it... (Which is why I'm actually trying to move away from CAT now, since it's sometimes cumbersome and inconsistent to work with...)

mantis tubogan wrote : Shouldn't this be in the Learning Forum?

Probably. I'd move it myself, but I don't have mod privledges outside of the Design and Development sections of the forums...

Reply with quote Friday, June 19, 2015

>mantis tubogan

You must have privileges to post threads there. Since Kris is a simple member, it is up to a moderator (or more) to move it.

Shenku wrote : you'll end up with horrendous animations like your "Wild Goku" thing's walk cycle animation(Seriously, it looks like he has wooden planks tied to his legs and spine or something from the way he hobbles and leans side to side like that...)

well, if we talk about my Animating Level, I'm just learning it for a while, I'm not really good at animating yet. I'm pretty sure I presented the Rigify Badly.

Maybe We could Compare This one.

This is Normal Bones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEKLEeY_WeQ

This is Rigify Bones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc-vINJmhNk&list=PLB1B8E28D6C5E00FE

I'll just make 7 Videos of Rigify and 7 Videos for Normal Bones

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Rigging/Rigify

Just looked it up for myself. It sounds exactly like CAT Rig... Its description basically says that it's just a procedural skeleton building "bone rig" tool...

The only difference is it sounds like Rigify sets up handles to make animating easier, where as CAT doesn't do that automatically. But you can still do that manually with CAT or even custom bones if you know how...

Shenku wrote : http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Rigging/Rigify

Just looked it up for myself. It sounds exactly like CAT Rig... Its description basically says that it's just a procedural skeleton building "bone rig" tool...

The only difference is it sounds like Rigify sets up handles to make animating easier, where as CAT doesn't do that automatically. But you can still do that manually with CAT or even custom bones if you know how...

okay Sir

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, June 20, 2015

Moved the topic to the Learning Forum. These kinds of topics are one of the main reasons these boards exist. Very good job, DBZkrisfhugz, keep it up! And as always, have fun learning new things!

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, June 21, 2015

DBZkrisfhugz, in fact, the rig is not the important thing in my "HD" characters/releases the only thing that I care is the shading and the high poly model because I use the basic skeleton rig...

anyway good tutorial DBZkrisfhugz, I hope some people check it and start the "learn time"... I hope they can learn as they talk rubbish about everyone one else work...

zxzbardock View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, July 05, 2015

nice dude I like your tutorials but when are you going to show us how to model? I want to learn to make my own addons well this time not like those original edits and recolors that I did.

Reply with quote Sunday, July 05, 2015

zxzbardock wrote : nice dude I like your tutorials but when are you going to show us how to model? I want to learn to make my own addons well this time not like those original edits and recolors that I did.

I don't have tutorial yet *intense laughter*.. Yes I could teach you how to model. A little bit. You can look for Modelling Tutorial in Youtube. I think the more Focus on this Tutorials which I will make, is to Export Characters and to Animate Characters. How to Rig, How to Export, How to Model, How to Texture, How to Animate

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 08, 2015

dude also I am using milkshape 3D to model stuff and I gotta say its quite fun using this(no I am not advertising this)

zxzbardock wrote : dude also I am using milkshape 3D to model stuff and I gotta say its quite fun using this(no I am not advertising this)

it's okay to advertise it here.. no problem.

Milkshape 3D.. I only heard of that is to View a 3D model. I don't know if you can animate in that software

well yes ms3d for making models its that program. For animating its just either blender or Misfit Model 3D

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Milkshape 3D is actually what many of the original ZEQ2-lite models were created/edited in. You can even find several original .ms3d mesh files on the SVN.

This was all before Misfit Model 3D even existed.

Reply with quote Sunday, July 12, 2015

Shenku wrote :
Just looked it up for myself. It sounds exactly like CAT Rig...

So.. I've been animating all along... And I Learned about F-Curve it's smoothing the animations even SMOOTHLY.. If 3ds max doesn't have that.. Then Blender just surpassed 3ds max

Reply with quote Sunday, July 12, 2015

BOZ characters have been made on 3DSMax.

Reply with quote Monday, July 13, 2015

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : BOZ characters have been made on 3DSMax.

because of BOZ Game Engine has "Skeleton", it will look Smooth. And unlike ZEQ2, they have this "paper animations".

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]