Content

1, 2, 3  >>

Goku fukkatsu by Kakarot_GOD

KakarotGOD View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, June 21, 2015

I created this topic for you guys help me to make modifications in my addon : http://www.moddb.com/mods/ZEQ2-lite-speed-of-zanzoken/addons/gokufukkatsu

TRL View user's profile Send private message

If you did the editing of the textures on the gi yourself, good job. This is your first step into addon making.
Go on and prosper I would say. Razz

thank you but I need a little help because only know edit textures

Well find yourself a modelling tutorial on the internet. For the ZEQ2 lite specific stuff like exporting and setting up tags I can't help. But there are plenty here who can.

On a sidenote, it's funny how many people still are active on the moddb side of zeq2lite. Especially if you consider how dead it is over here.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Rectification, it is a recolor of this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/ZEQ2-lite-speed-of-zanzoken/addons/Goku-gt2

Which has a good work on rendering and optimizations (colorless textures, good shading etc..).

I have listed the negative points already.

- Bad preview image. (it should normally show the entire character and if possible some of his specifics skills)

- Scripts going to replace or conflicts others. (change the name of the file and the functions)

- Same for skills. (make a separate version specific to this character to not have any problems)

- "Unstable" power level and stats. (no fun if that's what aimed)

- EXTREMELY low res textures. (boots and logo....)

- Inaccurate. (for example: belt)

- Bad shading. (...)

- No work on the icons. (use a more advanced program to edit them)

- 54MB ???!! (???!!)

Wh1t34Gl3 (SAS ) :

But you can help me with these problems mentioned ?

Hey Whiteglass (that's how I read your name, can't make sense of it otherwise), don't be so harsh on him. Everyone has to start some where. His willingness to learn must be commended.

You could pick one of the most important critiques you gave him and nudge him on the right path to fixing that one. Right now that list must seem overwhelming.

Hey Whiteglass (that's how I read your name, can't make sense of it otherwise),

For some reasons, I have already told everyone to just call me Eagle.

That would prevent from any brain disease when trying to rewrite the full thing as well.

don't be so harsh on him. Everyone has to start some where. His willingness to learn must be commended.

I'm not being harsh, I'm just telling the truth on the work provided.

About the list, I am reacting like that because of all the failed attempts to redirect the new guys on the right way. I haven't seen anyone staying longer than few days, being helped or not. All these attempts just wasted my time. (and usually, I don't even make a list..)

However, I admire the fact that he came to present his works on the forum and ask for help to more experienced individuals. Rare are the ones who follow this advice.

You could pick one of the most important critiques you gave him and nudge him on the right path to fixing that one. Right now that list must seem overwhelming.

okay, I'm going to rewrite the list..

- Bad preview image:
This image is a quick representation of your character. So, try to put a screenshot of all the tiers, if possible, in different actions, to make it more appealing.

- Scripts going to replace or conflicts others: Rename the script file and every functions names (for example: gokuHead --> GokuFukkatsuHead (or do it the Eagle way "GFHead")

- Same for skills: Copy and rename the wanted skills folders that aren't present in the revision 1536 (because all the gamepacks already have them, so a copy would just be an lacking in identifiable function overload), and rename the script/skin contents related to them. This is how you separate and specify skills for your characters.

Don't forget to put the skills' scripts functions in your character's script file. It is better to have everything regrouped than many files just for one character. (plus, if the person who installed it want to remove it, he can do that easier, and without forgetting anything)

- "Unstable" power level and stats:
If you want peoples to enjoy more your characters, having quite low stats (but well set) is the best way to reach that goal. Longer fights and nothing too much cheated or underpowered. You have to find the best balance.

- EXTREMELY low res textures. (boots and logo....):
What can I say for this.. Make better outlines on the textures and coordinate them well with misfit...

- Inaccurate. (for example: belt):
Nothing magic for the belt, move the model in every frames of the animations set, hoping for a good result in game.. If you want to respect the new fugly drawing style of Dragon Ball, you need to edit the models/textures/shading to make your character looks like it.

- Bad shading. (...)
Refs pictures --> paint.

- No work on the icons:
Get Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, Gimp or even Paint.NET, to make better edits to your icons/textures. (if you can make ZEQ2-Lite icons' style, it would be perfect)

- 54MB ???!! (???!!):

Colorless textures, with shaders giving colors (and shaders of 2/3/4 pixels for hd rendering, just an option), lacking in identifiable function files removal, textures managing (delete lacking in identifiable function parts, and merge some if you can), uses some of ZEQ2-Lite's features to optimize your character (for Goku, only the head will change in upper tiers, so delete the body from all the tiers except the first one), etc....

There's many ways to optimize your characters.

By the way TRL, you are more experienced than me, you could provide a better help than I did.

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

KakarotGOD wrote : I created this topic for you guys help me to make modifications in my addon : http://www.moddb.com/mods/ZEQ2-lite-speed-of-zanzoken/addons/gokufukkatsu

Wh1t3 we all know that you are telling the Truth, but... it's being mature that being soft to someone to teach them is a nice way.

hi I'm Kris, a Blender User. Don't Worry, I will be soft on you.

If you edited Animations before and make Textures/setting up scripts. If you have these capacity

What I suggest is.. take Nello's Goku Head, and swap it.

http://ZEQ2.com/SVN/Media/Characters/Goku/NELLO!!/

you can just take the head. And make Animations on the head using Vertices per frame.

make Aura like this http://www.moddb.com/members/dbzkrisfhugz/images/gokuomega-beta-presentation2#imagebox
How you will make Auras like this??

I can't really explain how on text. I will try it.

1. make a Model, like plane model.
2. make animation in Upper Model, in Idle Animation. (animation.cfg)
2. Texture that Model using Aura Texture.
3. Set up your Aura Scripts.

Or, you can have a Aura model in ZEQ2 and just Texture it Smile

here: http://ZEQ2.com/SVN/Build/ZEQ2/effects/aura/swirl/

if you have already experienced setting up Scripts and Textures. Then you're good.

Or, if you want a higher level of Editing Addons. You can use Blender, a Program like Misfits. You can Import the Head.obj and start Editing in Blender, You can simple Hair Animations in there.

http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?p=168948#168948

About your Goku's Gi Texture, We usually make Sharp edges on the outlines.

>Kris

Maybe it would be better to let him express his imagination. Doing as same as everyone isn't often a good idea (mostly if it's badly done).

I don't recommend the swap either. This is what we have always reproached to the new guys. Whatever if the model is good or not, no improvements are being done to the character and it's maker.

Also, editing won't bring more experience than creating, far from it. And I'm sure nobody has experienced the reverse.

can someone move this to Discussion Forum?

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : On a sidenote, it's funny how many people still are active on the moddb side of zeq2lite. Especially if you consider how dead it is over here.

just take a look around, all you can find here is buch of "this is bad" "I can do it better even with my closed eyes" or simply "I judge and complain about everything even if I can't do it better", for that reason some people (I do it too) prefer the moddb page...

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : For some reasons, I have already told everyone to just call me Eagle.

if you want that the people call you "Eagle" why just don't ask to Mima for a profile name change? or why didn't you put that name as your profile name in the first place?...

don't know but that just make me laugh really hard...

"hi my profile name is "khjhuiji" but I want all of you call me "karl""...

anyway, KakarotGOD, you can go to the "learning forum" and check all the great tutorials about creating, animating, export, etc.

http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewforum.php?f=11

you can learn whatever you want if you try it...

if you want that the people call you "Eagle" why just don't ask to Mima for a profile name change? or why didn't you put that name as your profile name in the first place?...

I don't care how peoples are calling me. Wh1t3, Wh1, w, Whiteglass, pudgy watson, I saw everything, but whatever, it's just a name..

Only in case my name would be that much disturbing to others, this is the solution I always give.

Reply with quote Monday, June 22, 2015

Whiteglass/Eagle: It might be true I have more experience in modeling and texturing, but that's about it. I've never put a character in zeq2lite all by myself, hehe. Embarassed

So if this guy wants to start with the basics, it's better he learns from guys who are doing that a lot.

I do understand the feeling of wanting to give up if a lot of people just don't get it. That's why just giving a small specific tip towards progression is better, the kid knows what to do and you don't expend that much effort. He doesn't have to get it all right immediately. If they succeed that one step, you continue. If they fail or too lazy.. Well then that is where it stops

Heya Anty, what's up my man. You've basically been holding up the fort around here I see. Brave effort Razz

Whiteglass/Eagle: It might be true I have more experience in modeling and texturing, but that's about it. I've never put a character in zeq2lite all by myself, hehe. Embarassed

So if this guy wants to start with the basics, it's better he learns from guys who are doing that a lot.

I wouldn't put myself as a reference for this..

I do understand the feeling of wanting to give up if a lot of people just don't get it. That's why just giving a small specific tip towards progression is better, the kid knows what to do and you don't expend that much effort. He doesn't have to get it all right immediately. If they succeed that one step, you continue. If they fail or too lazy.. Well then that is where it stops

Already tried, a lot of time. No results. My knowledge isn't even good enough to give interesting tutorials. And I wouldn't learn to some peoples what I was doing.. I now prefer to focus a bit more on myself, since I'm porting my knowledge to other domains, I have tons of things to do (on ZEQ2-Lite and outside), and can't stop my progression for this purpose anymore..

I have still the time give my harsh and progression forcing opinions though. Laughing

Kris recommended that I place the GokuHead in Goku Fukkatsu...http://www.moddb.com/members/kakarotgod/images/gokufukkatsu-head

pffrrfrrfrrr...

Er.. I mean..

KakarotGOD wrote : Kris recommended that I place the GokuHead in Goku Fukkatsu...http://www.moddb.com/members/kakarotgod/images/gokufukkatsu-head

now, fix the position of the head. Just edit it on Misfit 3D until you get the right Position.

Keep it on Editing until you reach the Level of Creating

This is good ?[/img]

More upward. *super mega extreme intense laughter*

Edit: show a side view as well.

TRL wrote : Heya Anty, what's up my man. You've basically been holding up the fort around here I see. Brave effort Razz

hey TRL, well I have a lot of free time this month so I want to spend it here, I don't know why but every time that I check around the project I feel kind of nostalgic, it's funny how fast the time goes, I even feel kind of old when I check all the old posts haha, I think that's the main reason why I still come here... anyway I will see soon or later a new project or something from my sensei?...

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : I don't care how peoples are calling me. Wh1t3, Wh1, w, Whiteglass, pudgy watson, I saw everything, but whatever, it's just a name..

Only in case my name would be that much disturbing to others, this is the solution I always give.

okay...

KakarotGOD, I think that you should change that exaggerated power level, anyway, at least you are triying it so good work...

Anty:

what do you suggest?

Reply with quote Tuesday, June 23, 2015

AnTycrisT wrote :
hey TRL, well I have a lot of free time this month so I want to spend it here, I don't know why but every time that I check around the project I feel kind of nostalgic, it's funny how fast the time goes, I even feel kind of old when I check all the old posts haha, I think that's the main reason why I still come here... anyway I will see soon or later a new project or something from my sensei?...

Yeah it's crazy how quick 6 years seemingly can go. Do you feel old yet? Razz
I come back here for the same reasons.

Hmmmm a new project.. What did you have in mind?

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 24, 2015

TRL wrote : a new project.. What did you have in mind?

mmm don't know, maybe some random character or something...

KakarotGOD, maybe you should try to change the full character (try to edit nello's Goku)...

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 24, 2015

>AnTycrisT

Isn't VlaDD already doing the exact same thing ? (Goku fukkatsu from nello's Goku)

1, 2, 3  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]