Content

<<  1, 2

ZEQ2-Lite Problems

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 02, 2015

It's been discussed, but no conclusion or accordance was found so the idea is still in the air, but not fully accepted. Smile

This way seems the best on some points of view.

Hah, it might have gone off topic, but it's still full of VERY useful information. Both of us have made more than a few good points, I hope.

At certain moments maybe, regarding the project and it's problems.

Hah, I'm glad you made this analogy! Let me just expand it a bit! It's exactly like that, entering a new zone. But aren't new zones easier when you have a high level player in your party that can even be completely passive and just offer advice or completely active and aggro everything in the zone? Smile

I kind of prefer advises than being assisted from A to Z. It's a better way to learn.

In some mmo, you can go in certain zones without having the level, but if you are always assisted, you won't gain any xp, which is kind of lacking in identifiable function and interestingly lacking. Razz

I'm not sure about 1536, seeing that I have actually had 0 experience "on the servers". I haven't set foot in there more than 3 times in my life. Public Beta 1 scoreboard was broken as well, but it was present. It worked, kind of, but had a few bugs and kinks that were needed to be worked out. Later, it was taken out completely out of the code because of the same reason we are having this discussion hah. It was one more way to show people that ZEQ2lite wasn't a game.

In fact, it's a command proper to Quake 3. It can work on every servers (local/online). But I will avoid divulging certain information considering the mentality of some... :nono:

That's a commendable job! Trust me, finding people on the servers that are willing to learn isn't an easy thing. And don't worry about that not being your cup of tea. Recruiting if need be will be done in an organised way. Smile

Got a third one yesterday. Razz

In fact, I don't even search peoples, they notice that I am a modder, and come find me to ask for some things. After, I try to get them the most comfortable, help them a bit and if possible redirect them toward the forum, which is a far more efficient way to learn than I am. Rolling Eyes

Huh. It was completely opposite for me. I made an account a few days after I got into this community. Even though my first posts are about "playing in rank wars" and wanting "bigger player rank"... After a while a few people got me interested in animating, and that's where it all started for me. Smile

It was what I have noticed these two last years. It may have been different at the beginning of ZEQ2-Lite, but since I started modding, I saw much more activity on moddb than anywhere else, the forums included.

What happened? I don't think I'm following, hah. What reasons?

The first time was with one other person, it seemed like my teammate wasn't motivated anymore at a certain moment, and I haven't insisted too much because he had the right to do it, I can't force anyone to do anything, most importantly in the bounds of ZEQ2-Lite. It's too bad that it ended though, it was the best coop I have been into on this project and it's the type everyone should experience.

The second one was a team of 5 (me included) if I recall, it was on the mod pack "Battle of ZEQ2". Where I was too speed and argued with certain decisions, some where lazy to do anything, or some just hadn't anything to do, the mod was going toward the new Dragon Ball contents (which I kind of dislike already) with adds of random things and not faithful visuals. I have been ejected from the development because I was "slowing the work". Finally, I think that all what the "leader" wanted to do, is using us to build what HE wanted. And when I saw the results in the released version, it was even worse than revo 5!!! Less content, no quality, bugs everywhere, no good points! I don't regret to be gone from it, it have permitted me to focus a bit on me and the things I was, and am still learning.

Quickly, movitation, bad organization, bad spirit.

Hah, I remember seeing a list of people with stats next to their names, although I'm not sure where and when. I'm positive that Brad was involved too. Hopefully I'll remember sooner or later. As for the idea itself, we'll see. Some serious thought should be put into it hah. Smile

Definitely! I would love so much to see this kind of systems here. Laughing

True that time is a constraint, but in projects such as these, time can be our greatest ally too. These projects are mostly for us to learn more, to get into this world of game-developing. And having enough time to do that can make us mice become men!

Yes, I have forgotten this point of view. Even if time is lacking to everyone, these project doesn't expire. They can last forever (except if the main site needs money every 2 years ;D ), and that's the positive point about time in these cases.

When time seem to go extremely quick for anyone, limiting us drastically, it doesn't affect the projects themselves, it's like time is frozen for them. But it's quite sad for certain individuals to be the victims of this flail. Sad

<<  1, 2

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]