Content

Question about setting up a server

Sapherno View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, December 17, 2015

So very basically, I wanted to create a server to play with a couple friends, not over internet if possible, just Lan.

But instead of everyone automatically being at "max" power, we sorta like the "rpg" battling. When I first discovered ZEQ2, I played on a server that actually had your character's power level start at 1, and when you "charged" your power level (held F+D after your energy is full), your max power would slowly increase. You could also increase your power level via combat.

I was hoping to recreate that on the "private" server for my friends and me, however, every time I DO create the server, The power levels remain completely static. You can increase or lower, however your "upper" amount remains static.

I can't figure out how to set up the power levels to be like on the one server I played before, where you could actually Increase your max power level without it being completely static, or being "stuck" and the only way to increase is by transformations, and again by a static amount.

I did try asking a member about this issue, but I was told "error 403, talk to site admin" So not sure what that's about either.....who's the site admin, so I can ask them?

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Firstly, to answer your question, there's an option when creating a server to change the starting powerlevel. The default should be 1000, unless you've either changed it, or are running some addon pack, in which case, assuming you're using the Stable Revision and not the most recent development builds, it should all still work for overcharging to raise your powerlevel.

Keep in mind the highest hard-coded powerlevel is 32767, and can not exceed that in any way, so if the server is already set to that, it's improbable to go higher due to programming restrictions, and anything displayed as being higher (1 million+ for example), is a math trick based on a multiplier of whatever the powerlevel actually is (0-32767).

If that's still not working after checking those, then you might be using a development build, which had a number of changes happen to it, including a cap on how much someone can overcharge to increase their powerlevel. So double check again that you're using the Stable revision, that being 1536, and not anything newer.

Oh, and while hosting servers online is still broken, LAN servers are unaffected by the issue, so that should still work fine for you.

Lastly, ZEQ2-Lite is not really a game, and even the Stable version isn't really meant to be "played", but rather it's more of a game developer training tool/platform, than an actual game. Trying to play it in its current state, there's bound to be numerous issues/bugs and incomplete/missing features, as it was never really developed to be a full fledged "game".

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

The database is my knowledge, which I am the main administrator, and the few data it contains is destined to peoples who worth it. Considering the attention you gave to the UI and your intentions, it is very likely that you will get nothing from me for a long time.

Please refrain from making a thread when this discussion was already started somewhere else.

Sapherno View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, December 18, 2015

@Shenku. That makes sense, and I did try setting the "starting" power level to 1, with the max staying at 32676 (or whatever it was) But then the characters STAYED at 1, and could not increase further, and basically were restricted to one attack. That makes sense, so it was probably a Developer that set up the server...Thank you Shenku.

@Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) ......I honestly have no idea how to respond to this hostility. Destined to who is worthy? All I asked was a Simple, easy enough answer, and my Intention? Firstly, I am trying to LEARN, what cause is more worthy then that? Secondly, my "intentions"? My INTENTIONS were to create a FAIR, Balanced Server, for EVERYONE.

Are you talking about my comment on the original thread? That I deleted and PM'd you about, because I saw it was Different then what was being discussed, that you then ignored? Or the comment I posted after, about how EVERY player would be able to select those "overpowered" characters?

Thirdly, I created a NEW thread because this is completely different then the one I commented on before. I am asking about a SERVER creation, about how to make it so EVERY character starts at power level 1 (or 1000) and can increase it up to the hardcoded max, 32676. NOT HIGHER. I was NOT asking how to "hack" characters, and cheat the system to make lloyd characters, like the other guy was.

4thly, If you ARE the server admin, why would you respond with "error 403, go talk to the admin".

Well, don't worry, I know better now then to EVER ask this community for help, with our trolly White shutting down new players, and ripping them a new one for asking a SIMPLE question Smile

Good riddence White, may you be treated like you treat others Smile

Reply with quote Friday, December 18, 2015

Guys, calm down.

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) is not an Admin, nor a moderator, do not take everything he says as representing the site as a whole.

And Wh1t34Gl3(SAS), please, as my late mother use to say, if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. Stop attacking people like this, this forum has no place for that kind of behavior.

Reply with quote Thursday, December 24, 2015

I wasn't even being hostile, or at least I tried not to (it's really difficult!).

Firstly, I am trying to LEARN, what cause is more worthy then that?

I wouldn't qualify setting a simple cvar learning in the bounds of ZEQ2-Lite.
Few individuals come to me with the intention of assimilating what ZEQ2-Lite -- and the different domains it includes -- can offer as knowledge. It could be for personal or public oriented use, it doesn't matter, as they are filling the said requirements. You asked me an information, but I didn't feel/detect anything I stated above, nor additional factors that could be interesting to see developing/growing.

My INTENTIONS were to create a FAIR, Balanced Server, for EVERYONE.

I knew that already. But it's the "why" that I'm waiting to read. Wink

Thirdly, I created a NEW thread because this is completely different then the one I commented on before. I am asking about a SERVER creation, about how to make it so EVERY character starts at power level 1 (or 1000) and can increase it up to the hardcoded max, 32676. NOT HIGHER. I was NOT asking how to "hack" characters, and cheat the system to make lloyd characters, like the other guy was.

Basically the same thing you asked on the other thread, and in the PM you sent to me. Or maybe I didn't pay much attention. In any case, the "requirements" variable is still false.

On a side -- yet still important -- note, there are no "cheats" or "hacks", as there is no game to talk about. This notion entirely lacks of sense on such environment.

4thly, If you ARE the server admin, why would you respond with "error 403, go talk to the admin".

The admin was absent at this moment, "domain" security. Rolling Eyes
If I have to give details, that would be hostile. I don't think anyone wants to see that insignificant poop acting like he is, am I right ?

Well, don't worry, I know better now then to EVER ask this community for help, with our trolly White shutting down new players, and ripping them a new one for asking a SIMPLE question Smile

Good riddence White, may you be treated like you treat others Smile

Players != ZEQ2-Lite

You are giving importance to what is not. Also if you look more carefully, you will see that I'm not always acting like a "butthurt" to everyone. But yeah, even that is not important. You asked me something, I answered in a certain (non aggressive) manner, nothing much to say that would interest everyone.

And Wh1t34Gl3(SAS), please, as my late mother use to say, if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. Stop attacking people like this, this forum has no place for that kind of behavior.

There absolutely no hostility, also, the question was directed to me at the beginning (if I recall), I'm not the type of people that ignore even a simple mention (except if it is really worthless).
I'm doing my best. If you feel/judge that I'm too much of a discomforting object here, act as you think the best would be.. I really can't do much at the moment.

Please refrain from posting further on these matters in this manner, you're not only way off topic, but you're also contributing nothing positive to it. I'm not telling you again.

Understood.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]