Content

Rambling.

JustAGuy View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 07, 2016

The development team got their wish. After a year of people being kicked off the game, and pushed out the game, ZEQ2 is terminally ill. This will be the nail in the coffin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAxU2lVh7Dg

There is no point to develop for this game anymore. This is a far superior Dragon Ball Z game, and is the future. Thanks for the fun, but it is over now. No need to make ZED-you, or any ZEQ like projects.

Majin Jake View user's profile Send private message

Far superiore dragonball game? *laughing out loud* what I see is only one of the mosts fan project that use models and assets from commerciale games or already made stuff and put in the game like frankestain

emirh08 View user's profile Send private message

Majin Jake wrote : Far superiore dragonball game? *laughing out loud* what I see is only one of the mosts fan project that use models and assets from commerciale games or already made stuff and put in the game like frankestain

What are you talking about -.- the epic games asset I used was the map just as a placeholder though the other maps are all made by me, same goes with shaders, textures, all the blueprints and the only Dragon Ball Z assets I used was the legs and some of the hair, most of the models are 80% remodelled Smile all the animations are made from scratch and more

JustAGuy wrote : The development team got their wish. After a year of people being kicked off the game, and pushed out the game, ZEQ2 is terminally ill. This will be the nail in the coffin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAxU2lVh7Dg

There is no point to develop for this game anymore. This is a far superior Dragon Ball Z game, and is the future. Thanks for the fun, but it is over now. No need to make ZED-you, or any ZEQ like projects.

I wouldn't go that far..*laughing out loud* and when you say "there is no point to develop for this game anymore" the point of developing or creating a project is for the team or in my case myself to create something they would like to see different from others, so if there are all these teams creating Dragon Ball Z games like zed-you, ZEQ, Earth Special Forces it shows a different style of how that individual or team envisions the perfect Dragon Ball Z game, so a variety is always welcomed Smile and thanks for liking the project ther is a lot more to come that I haven't show just yet. Spelling mistakes are due to iPhone keypad...

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

The development team got their wish.

There is no development team and each contributor's goals are proper to themselves; even though there might be similarities for some cases.

After a year of people being kicked off the game, and pushed out the game, ZEQ2 is terminally ill.

ZEQ2 isn't a person as far as I know. Also not sure what all of that has to do with ZEQ2-Lite and it's development. This is confusing.

There is no point to develop for this game anymore.

This has been answered over and over again from different experienced developers to the founders themselves, information is also given on the about page since 2009; yet there are still some individuals to replicate -- using fragile knowledge and/or totally assumed "facts" -- against exposed true facts. People's misunderstanding of established rules/goals/purposes is probably the saddest part of all.

ZEQ2-Lite is still fulfilling it's role even today. It's not because something cannot be seen that it isn't happening.

This is a far superior Dragon Ball Z game, and is the future. Thanks for the fun, but it is over now. No need to make ZED-you, or any ZEQ like projects.

Nonsense. All of these projects have different purposes. It's like comparing cars to RC cars for example; both are cars yet they are made differently, don't work the same way, and have different root purposes of use. So, please refrain from expressing nonsensical, noncontributing and de-motivational statements based on a purely personal perspective among these forums. From personal experience of both sides, I know that it is something to avoid; mainly when it comes to more serious projects.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, May 08, 2016

If you believe your statement that ZEQ2-Lite is dead or dying, then it is simply because you either don't understand its purpose here, or are intentionally trying to kill it yourself.

I encourage you to re-read the 9/1/13 Recap post on this site's home page, because it clearly states the purpose of this site and the ZEQ2 and ZEQ2-lite projects, and none of it was ever intended to be used and treated as a game or game community. That only happened to the objections of Brad(Zeth) and the other founders of this project when an overzealous fan posted links for ZEQ2-Lite up on ModDB without asking, and started the huge misconception of ZEQ2-Lite being a finished game.

It was never a game. Games are finished products that are fully functional and can be enjoyed with little to no issues. ZEQ2-Lite is a barely functioning shell, hobbling as best as it can to keep up with what you think it should be capable of, when it's only partly built. And not even the most needed parts, either... Would you drive a car with no brakes? How about flying a plane with no engine? No? Then why would you play a game that doesn't have the most basic gameplay systems properly integrated?

If you're really not here to help contribute to the project in some positive way, then honestly I'm not sure why you're here, because this site's goal is very clear... If you just want something Dragonball Z to play, go play Xenoverse... If you want ZEQ2-Lite to be turned into an actual game, then help out by stopping with these negative posts, and start contributing to the project. Learn how to do some programming, animation, 3D modeling, or literally anything that might contribute to the project in some way. Threads like this do nothing for the project, and I've lost count of how many times people have claimed "it's dead"...

Oh, and the project in that video of yours is so far past illegal, I'd be surprised if Funimation and whatnot doesn't eventually persue legal action against its creator for attempting to profit off of stollen commercial assets and an IP he has no legal rights to attempt to make money on....

Shenku wrote : If you believe your statement that ZEQ2-Lite is dead or dying, then it is simply because you either don't understand its purpose here, or are intentionally trying to kill it yourself.

I encourage you to re-read the 9/1/13 Recap post on this site's home page, because it clearly states the purpose of this site and the ZEQ2 and ZEQ2-lite projects, and none of it was ever intended to be used and treated as a game or game community. That only happened to the objections of Brad(Zeth) and the other founders of this project when an overzealous fan posted links for ZEQ2-Lite up on ModDB without asking, and started the huge misconception of ZEQ2-Lite being a finished game.

It was never a game. Games are finished products that are fully functional and can be enjoyed with little to no issues. ZEQ2-Lite is a barely functioning shell, hobbling as best as it can to keep up with what you think it should be capable of, when it's only partly built. And not even the most needed parts, either... Would you drive a car with no brakes? How about flying a plane with no engine? No? Then why would you play a game that doesn't have the most basic gameplay systems properly integrated?

If you're really not here to help contribute to the project in some positive way, then honestly I'm not sure why you're here, because this site's goal is very clear... If you just want something Dragonball Z to play, go play Xenoverse... If you want ZEQ2-Lite to be turned into an actual game, then help out by stopping with these negative posts, and start contributing to the project. Learn how to do some programming, animation, 3D modeling, or literally anything that might contribute to the project in some way. Threads like this do nothing for the project, and I've lost count of how many times people have claimed "it's dead"...

Oh, and the project in that video of yours is so far past illegal, I'd be surprised if Funimation and whatnot doesn't eventually persue legal action against its creator for attempting to profit off of stollen commercial assets and an IP he has no legal rights to attempt to make money on....

listen shenku you un-educated nut, I do not ask for profit on the project at all, next time read my description or videos, I have had a patreon for well longer then my project I have even stated hundreds of times that my patreon is for my YouTube page and that if anyone donates who thinks it will go towards my project I will simply not accept it, now get of your high horse and just concentrate on your own project, *laughing out loud* and illegal assists? Don't make me laugh, 2 of the models in that game are from xenoverse and are placeholders, the hit model, Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two) and rest are built from scratch. I really don't appreciate your comment especially since I have always supported your projects as well.

double post, also I typed this in the middle of the night on a cracked iPhone 4..so if there is any spelling errors it ain't my fault *laughing out loud*.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

emirh08 wrote : listen shenku you un-educated nut,

Yes, because you clearly have first hand knowledge of my education, but moving on...

I do not ask for profit on the project at all, next time read my description or videos,

Then why is it that this is how I found out about your Patreon?

The wording here, while I admit might have been a poor choice, implies that you're accepting donations for this game you're making, not for your video, particularly because in the same breath that you're asking for money, you're also promising a demo.

I have had a patreon for well longer then my project I have even stated hundreds of times that my patreon is for my YouTube page and that if anyone donates who thinks it will go towards my project I will simply not accept it,

And yet, I've seen none of these hundreds of posts put up here on this forum...

now get of your high horse

I ride a mechanical unicorn sir, and it's majestic as buck.

and just concentrate on your own project,

I concentrate as much on my own projects (plural) as my job allows me to, but thanks for your concern...

*laughing out loud* and illegal assists? Don't make me laugh, 2 of the models in that game are from xenoverse and are placeholders, the hit model, Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two) and rest are built from scratch.

It doesn't matter if it's a hundred models, or only two, nor even if they're permanent or placeholders. IP holders generally don't care, because however you try to spin it, you're still using their content illegally. That's not me picking on you, that's me stating a fact. Plenty of projects have been shut down for lesser crimes over the years, there's nothing unique about your game that would give you any sort of protection from that. And if they do find out about your project, they're going to use the exact same argument I presented about your Patreon, because how do they know what money you got specifically for videos on your channel, versus what you got to support making the game? That means they're not only going to send a Cease and Desist, but also pursue their perceived monetary damages. This isn't me attacking you, it's me warning you that what you're doing is a very dangerous and tight rope to be walking across.

I really don't appreciate your comment especially since I have always supported your projects as well.

Well I appreciate that you supported my projects, and I'm sorry if you're offended, but I'm only trying to enlighten you to the dangers of what people should not be doing, especially here on these forums.

As I've said before, ZEQ2-Lite is already in a deep enough gray area with just using all original content, and we don't want to risk everything getting shut down because Funimation/Bandai/Toei/exc. incorrectly think we promote and encourage the usage of ripped content or profiteering off of Dragonball Z.

I left this thread open last night against my better judgment, but looking at it again this morning I don't see this getting any more constructive, so I'm just going to lock this thread now...

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]