Content

Heya Old timers :D

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 18, 2016

How are you all been doing? Assuming you still visit this forum

Any of you watched the latest movies? Deadpool, Star Wars, Terminator...and so on? Very Happy

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Star Wars and Deadpool, yes, they were awesome. Terminator, nope haven't seen it yet, too disenfranchised after the last few movies...

Deadpool was hilarious and Star Wars was rather...different. The villain was kind of shait if you ask me mate

Edit:
Do you like Horror games, Shenku? I played some indie 2D horror games and tried Amnesia but Outlast...ohohohho...that game is just awesome, I am thoroughly staggered and I'm going to keep playing until the end Smile

Kylo Ren is to The Force Awakens what Darth Maul was in the Phantom Menace. Trumped up to be a big bad villain, who in the end just gets defeated like an untrained padawan for Bread and Spaghetti reasons. That and some bad sound editing for his helmet voice aside, the movie was good. Not Empire Strikes Back good, but not Phantom Menace terrible either.

I'm generally not much into horror games (Although I tried making one inside of a week once...). Last one I played I think was Resident Evil 5, and it was rather terrible with the controls from what I remember... Although I've been seeing a lot of people doing playthroughs of the five Nights at Freddy's games, and the backstory has me intrigued, but I haven't gotten around to playing them myself.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

That makes me wondering. How's the progress of your horror game, Shenku (Tim was the antagonist's name, if I recall ? Razz ) ? The beginning foreshadowed some fun on later versions.

Reply with quote Thursday, May 19, 2016

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : That makes me wondering. How's the progress of your horror game, Shenku (Tim was the antagonist's name, if I recall ? Razz ) ? The beginning foreshadowed some fun on later versions.

To be honest, I haven't touched it since like one or two post-release patches because of how aweful it was in retrospect, which means I need to do a lot to make it both original, and more functional. The jump-scare mechanics in particular weren't very well done, and several people complained of a lot of FPS issues just in general.

The back story for Tim was largely made up over the course of about two hours as I brainstormed up ideas for the hidden notes, which were actually non-essential to finishing the game itself, but just there for backstory. I may revisit it in the future, but I think I'll largely be rebuilding or revising all the assets and gameplay mechanics if and when I do.

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Alright. Keep us in touch if there is any update!

Just the fact that he couldn't snuggle that clone trooper makes him the worst villain ever made...seriously I thought the villain would be a complete badass but he turned out to be a scaredy-cat

Kakarot2550 wrote : Just the fact that he couldn't snuggle that clone trooper makes him the worst villain ever made...seriously I thought the villain would be a complete badass but he turned out to be a scaredy-cat

I think "Emo Teenager" would fit better, but that's me...

Then again, if you really dissect the story of Anakin through Episodes 1-3, He too turned to the Dark Side in a very Emo way. Like he couldn't get what he wanted, so he grew his hair out long, complained about his power not being recognized, then killed children in a fit of rage and vengeance... Yeah, that'll show them... Biggest baddest villain to ever walk the galaxy, with prophecy on his side, and he turned to the Dark Side like a teenager who was rejected when he tried asking his crush to the prom, cracking voice and all...

It's no wonder Obiwan left him in a volcano to die...

But I digress... I could talk about Star Wars all day...

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

I think "Emo Teenager" would fit better

It's true, he felt immature. Even Dooku, who is in the prequels (I loathed the prequels), felt more threatening. At least they've left it a bit open now for the sequel, so I do hope they change up his character a bit and force him (see what I did there?) to become a bit more hmm, iconic? That word doesn't fit there. Perhaps a bit more controlled. We all know what Darth Vader (episodes 4, 5, and 6) was. And he still remains one of the most iconic villains of all time. He had that powerful stature to make people like him. Perhaps they'll go with a more powerful and calm, yet more dangerous Kylo Ren from now on? We'll see.

Just the fact that he couldn't snuggle that clone trooper makes him the worst villain ever made...seriously I thought the villain would be a complete badass but he turned out to be a scaredy-cat

When I've seen the movie for the second time I kept thinking that he got beat there because he was wounded (and it was a rather big wound). But the writing didn't show us that he was in that much pain. Who knows.

Then again, if you really dissect the story of Anakin through Episodes 1-3....

If someone hasn't seen these next three links, I suggest they see them. They are a bit longer, but they are worth it. This guy kind of explains Anakin VERY WELL hah.
Phantom Menace (the whole playlist)
Attack of the Clones (and the second and third part)
Revenge of the Sith
Although I wouldn't really recommend this to someone who prefers the prequels over the original trilogy. Smile

I could talk about Star Wars all day...

Couldn't we all..

But then again what would I know of what's good and what is bad when I am not one of those die-hard fans Razz I watched Star Wars because the whole thing with lightsabers and Jedi felt great and refreshing from guns and swords in normal movies. Oh and I really liked some of the villains like General Grievous!!!

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, May 20, 2016

Mima wrote : When I've seen the movie for the second time I kept thinking that he got beat there because he was wounded (and it was a rather big wound). But the writing didn't show us that he was in that much pain. Who knows.

Well this is as much of a spoiler as anything else in here but still you have been warned.

The woulnd was actually bad. Chewie was armed with the bowcaster, not a blaster. I'm surprised Ren wasn't thrown half way across the bridge when it hit (maybe due to his force powers he neutralised the explosion or something).

Still even without the actual explosion of the bowcaster it packs enough of a punch to serriously criple its target. It is the equivalent of an RPG after all.

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 21, 2016

Grega wrote : Still even without the actual explosion of the bowcaster it packs enough of a punch to serriously criple its target. It is the equivalent of an RPG after all.

Agreed. They made it their point to show just how strong the bowcaster was during the movie. Even Han comments a few times on that. And it wasn't a finger wound either, but a side-abdomen wound, which should have at least knocked him around a bit.

We'll just see what they do with him in the next movie, and how they go about his training.

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I watched twilight...

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Buksna wrote : I watched twilight...

Get out!

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

How about that Xenoverse 2 trailer, and gameplay e3 is going so great with the announcement Skyrim Remaster, and mod support,and to me the cream of the crop Kingdom Hearts 2.8 coming this year so good Embarassed

Grega Perpetual Traveler View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, June 16, 2016

ryku220 wrote : How about that Xenoverse 2 trailer, and gameplay e3 is going so great with the announcement Skyrim Remaster, and mod support,and to me the cream of the crop Kingdom Hearts 2.8 coming this year so good Embarassed

You do realize that Bethesda making their own mod service is probably trying to reintegrate paid mods right.

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, June 16, 2016

Grega wrote :

ryku220 wrote : How about that Xenoverse 2 trailer, and gameplay e3 is going so great with the announcement Skyrim Remaster, and mod support,and to me the cream of the crop Kingdom Hearts 2.8 coming this year so good Embarassed

You do realize that Bethesda making their own mod service is probably trying to reintegrate paid mods right.

...........Please don't say that Crying or Very sad because if they do it will get destroyed like Elder Scrolls Online

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Didn't like Star Wars , lead was too discomforting and the epitome of Marry-sue.

Loved BVS.

Deadpool was fun.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]