Content

1, 2  >>

I miss this place

mantis tubogan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, June 24, 2016

Yo everyone, it's been awhile.

I've been gone because my computer broke in January and I don't have money to get a new one.

Any one still get on?

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, June 25, 2016

heya brah yeah from time too time. How you been

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, June 25, 2016

Peoples come and go; having more or less success from their experience on ZEQ2-Lite. The project remains the same. Don't hesitate to come on Discord -- which replaces the previous IRC integration -- if you wish to discuss in real-time.

Reply with quote Sunday, June 26, 2016

ryku220 wrote : heya brah yeah from time too time. How you been

Been good trying to get a job so things would be better.

Hogeta View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Miss how excited I would be to see new addons

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Miss how excited I would be to see new addons

There is only three options.

1. Wait for the next 'lloyd heard us' update; which will make the modding/development/immersion experience tons better.

2. Wait for the next 'lloyd heard some of us' iteration; which would change everything known thus far.

3. Muffin button.

Reply with quote Saturday, July 02, 2016

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :
3. Muffin button.

Could use one of those.

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, July 12, 2016

hai

Reply with quote Saturday, July 16, 2016

najeeb wrote : hai

Yo

Reply with quote Sunday, July 17, 2016

ryku220 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, July 28, 2016

~Opens one eye~ Hello?? Anyone still alive?? ~closes eye goes on playing dead~

Unfortunately for you guys; I am.

No computer yet so, I'm still dead.

Gokan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Hey guys, what's new with this game? It's been years since I've last played it. You guys still play? Any new developments to be excited about?

Monkey_Patr View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Idea

Reply with quote Thursday, November 17, 2016

Any new developments to be excited about?

From which period? Outside my will to commit something useful to the SVN, nothing much is going on actually. Well, to my knowledge. There are numerous reasons people would legitimately drop interest in such a project, but it doesn't mean it has come to an end. I believe by fixing some things up and updating other, this could be brought to a broadly interesting level once again. A new iteration on a more recent engine (likely Unity) is also a possibility.

Have you ever considered to give a chance to the official branch and informing yourself about the project's history, Monkey_Patr?

Reply with quote Thursday, November 17, 2016

Good Bye

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, November 18, 2016

Monkey_Patr wrote :

Eagle wrote : Have you ever considered to give a chance to the official branch and informing yourself about the project's history, Monkey_Patr?

Yes, but How?

The short answer? Search the forum for things that you want to learn about and help with, and if you can't find anything relating to that topic, ask us.

Reply with quote Saturday, November 19, 2016

Exclamation

Reply with quote Sunday, November 20, 2016

Oii, did you already forget about Discord? You can reach us more directly there, with a better chance of getting an answer. Additionally, pinned items concerning the mentioned points are being added when possible for a better redirection.

Speaking of, why aren't you there yet, Shenku-san? Razz

Reply with quote Monday, November 21, 2016

Eagle wrote : Oii, did you already forget about Discord? You can reach us more directly there, with a better chance of getting an answer. Additionally, pinned items concerning the mentioned points are being added when possible for a better redirection.

Speaking of, why aren't you there yet, Shenku-san? Razz

Because honestly, the short version, I'm too busy with non-ZEQ2/Lite related commercial indie projects and real life issues to have looked at it.

Long version?

There's my book series, which is now several months behind my original deadline for a release because my proofreaders didn't actually read anything, I'm still unconvinced that the ending's plot makes sense, and still have no idea what to do for cover art.

Then there's RIOT-CON, which is still mostly just a loose idea of a game with some basic game mechanic research and tests.

Then there's Chibi-Brawl, also known as Ephemeral Knights (title still pending), which has taken up most of my free time due to the world scale, complicated game mechanics, and more recently performance optimizations that are needed. Much of this game has taken me months of work to get where it is, but it plays like a drunken mule in certain areas/situations unless you drop the graphic settings to minimum, and switch to unlit rendering mode. Never mind that I wanted to have a demo out back around August which never happened...

ZOPU is partly releated to ZEQ2, but only because it's a Dragonball game, and uses the Lite assets, but largely I haven't done much with it.

BSG is another project I've been tinkering with off and on, that's supposed to be almost like a SNES Metroid game, but most of the meshes haven't been made yet, and it's still largely in the rough prototype stage.

Heroes of Myridas was a turn-based game I was working on for a while based on my books, but largely went nowhere.

War Suns is mostly finished, gameplay wise, but needs models swapped out from the 3DS student made models to 3DS professional made ones so I can actually sell the game, plus additional levels. This is actually the closest one to being ready for a commercial release, but I just haven't really worked on it since the demo/UE4 Game Jam release.

And then there's about a dozen other random projects that I've started in UE4 just to test out ideas, or learn from tutorials with... And that's not even mentioning attempts to maintain a moderate social life, or working my job.

Sad to say, but ZEQ2-Lite hasn't been high on my list of priorities of late compared to the rest of what occupies my time. I still check the forums regularly, and answer questions when I can, but that's about all I have time for right now... Sad

Overweight by the tasks, indeed, I can understand.

You never mentioned BSG before, I think. This one does catch my interest, for sure!

As for Discord, it's not just about ZEQ2-Lite, it is an entirely free real-time communication service surrounded of dozen pretty useful features as well as community-made extensions for multiple purposes of use (development included). You could even stay there idling, it would be fine (almost everyone does it), and more is actually going on on this server than the forums. Additionally, if you wish to, you could also create a server (instantaneous) for your own projects! It could reveal itself useful.

Eagle wrote :
You never mentioned BSG before, I think. This one does catch my interest, for sure!

Never saw the need to mention it, since it's not anywhere near as far into development as ZOPU and Chibi-Brawl are.

Style wise, the idea was to make it look kind of like Bubblegum Crisis visually as a futuristic sci-fi setting, play mostly like Super Metroid, and have some item equipment and power-ups like Megaman and Castlevania games.

The BSG doesn't really stand for anything specific either, it's just a random grouping of letters, similar to ZEQ and ZOPU, to identify the project by until I come up with a better name for it.

And yeah, my plate has been kind of full for a while, hence why I haven't made much in the way of progress on ZEQ2-Lite in a few years, and ZOPU suffers from that too, as well as being used more for testing ideas than actually developing as a game.

I'll try to check out Discord soon, but no promises on when...

Style wise, the idea was to make it look kind of like Bubblegum Crisis visually as a futuristic sci-fi setting, play mostly like Super Metroid, and have some item equipment and power-ups like Megaman and Castlevania games.

Retro concepts, I love it! The development should be very interesting design/concept-wise with such a start.

hence why I haven't made much in the way of progress on ZEQ2-Lite in a few years,

Wait, do you still have plans for it? That was unexpected!

as well as being used more for testing ideas than actually developing as a game.

Maybe that's what some of them should be? I did start few projects as well, for the purpose of learning and practicing. Though, for now, whether they should be serious things or not is still blurry. I prefer not giving them too much importance at the moment, so deadlines and responsibilities don't build up on me.

I'll try to check out Discord soon, but no promises on when...

Ha ha, gotcha! Thanks for considering it.

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Eagle wrote :

hence why I haven't made much in the way of progress on ZEQ2-Lite in a few years,

Wait, do you still have plans for it? That was unexpected!

Well, having plans might be overstating it with regards to ZEQ2-Lite, but I never intended to fully abandon the idea behind ZEQ2 or ZEQ2-Lite. That's partly what ZOPU was originally intended to be, was for it to be an unofficial solo attempt at continuing ZEQ2 development when all other efforts by others, particularly with the Unity versions, seemed to have stalled out.

ZOPU, by its original goal, was to be my unofficial UE4 version of ZEQ2, and was eventually supposed to be opened up for team-based development, and eventually public open source development the way ZEQ2-Lite was, but there never seemed to be enough interest in ZOPU by others to warrant doing so, or enough of the basic systems completed to streamline future development of it, and as such the project mostly sits there being neglected until I want to try out an idea, or am bored. Plus the only other person on the forums who I know has been learning UE4, has his own Dragonball project, and has completely different design goals in mind from what ZOPU was supposed to be.

But that said, if there's anyone here who wants to see ZOPU get further along in development, and is serious about helping me with it, PM me and if there's actually people interested I can see about arranging with Brad to maybe have an SVN setup for it for us to collaborate through. But I'm only going to worry about doing that if people are serious about learning UE4 (which I can help teach, if needed, but tutorials are everywhere on YouTube) and actually help with developing ZOPU, cause there's no point otherwise if I'm going to continue to be the only one working on it... Of course, I may end up scrapping much of ZOPU and start from a fresh blank project just to streamline things going forward if it is going to become a group effort (or just do it in general), because as it stands now ZOPU is a cluttered mess that I doubt anyone but me would be able to make sense of...

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]