Content

1, 2  >>

dbu rebooted

emirh08 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, May 14, 2017

So I have been creating dbu for over a year, But I was doing it on a custom engine which denied me any possibility to upgrade in the future and when I saw the benefits from ue4 4.16 from 4.12 I thought "screw it" and scraped the project and decided to take ideas from a few members in both the dbu and Earth Special Forces fan base and combined them, so after 2 weeks of restarted development here is a small portion of the new combat system, its still early work in progress but its much smoother then before, models credited to xenoverse animations by myself along with everything else

[Removed links and images for using ripped assets. Trying to be more uniform about making sure this stuff doesn't get left up on the forums. ~Skatter]

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, May 15, 2017

Nice! What custom engine were you using before? I thought you were just using an earlier Unreal Engine 4? Also, which DBU project are you referring to? There have been at least 3 to my knowledge in the last 15 years on various engines. What benefits did the newer Unreal offer by the way?

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

You still shouldn't be using commercial assets, and especially not posting about it here as it's been against the rules here since the beginning, and you've been warned about this several times...

If you really want to continue working on your project as it is, whatever, just take it somewhere else so we don't get in trouble for it.

But if you want anyone here to help you out or praise what you're working on, stop using ripped commercial assets, and stop trying to profit off of it. We don't need those kinds of risks here.

Edit: That being said, your mêlée combat seems more refined than before, and definitely better than mine in ZOPU at the moment...

Shenku wrote : You still shouldn't be using commercial assets, and especially not posting about it here as it's been against the rules here since the beginning, and you've been warned about this several times...

If you really want to continue working on your project as it is, whatever, just take it somewhere else so we don't get in trouble for it.

But if you want anyone here to help you out or praise what you're working on, stop using ripped commercial assets, and stop trying to profit off of it. We don't need those kinds of risks here.

Edit: That being said, your mêlée combat seems more refined than before, and definitely better than mine in ZOPU at the moment...

I Downloaded the last zopu demo an really liked how smooth it felt, also I talk to bandai all the time and they haven't seemed to have any problems with the game so far? they even ended up sponsoring a few of my videos Smile they even followed me on twitter and gave me a few copies of Xenoverse and Dragon Ball fusions to give out before really nice people, But if using those models doesn't let me post here I will remove the thread Smile

Zeth wrote : Nice! What custom engine were you using before? I thought you were just using an earlier Unreal Engine 4? Also, which DBU project are you referring to? There have been at least 3 to my knowledge in the last 15 years on various engines. What benefits did the newer Unreal offer by the way?

Texture streaming and build times are wayyyyy better now, c++ compile times are also much faster and even though I don't have much c+= within the project, I still use it to compile from source due to the server requirements. Also a big help in optimising is the Auto lod feature <3 I love the auto lod feature, I also like the contact shadows but don't always prefer it but its nice to have on some maps.

emirh08 wrote :
I Downloaded the last zopu demo an really liked how smooth it felt, also I talk to bandai all the time and they haven't seemed to have any problems with the game so far? they even ended up sponsoring a few of my videos Smile they even followed me on twitter and gave me a few copies of Xenoverse and Dragon Ball fusions to give out before really nice people, But if using those models doesn't let me post here I will remove the thread Smile

No need to remove the thread, but I do strongly suggest you either use some of the SVN assets instead, or make your own models from scratch. Even if Bandai seems okay with it for now, there's nothing to say that Funimation, Toei, or whomever won't take issue with it instead when they find out.

Personally though, I can't help but feel that the two of us should combine our skills into a single Dragonball project, cause I think we could accomplish a lot more together than what we have been doing working apart...

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

I thought you were just using an earlier Unreal Engine 4?

We were all wrong apparently. Razz

Do you have a website, Emirh? It would be handy for information, and in the best case where you would have an hosting server, getting demos.

I agree with Shenku about the ripped content. Whatever relation you have with anyone, it is still unsafe at least to us, and it is still against the rules to spread this kind of media or redirection here.

Eagle wrote :

I thought you were just using an earlier Unreal Engine 4?

We were all wrong apparently. Razz

Do you have a website, Emirh? It would be handy for information, and in the best case where you would have an hosting server, getting demos.

I agree with Shenku about the ripped content. Whatever relation you have with anyone, it is still unsafe at least to us, and it is still against the rules to spread this kind of media or redirection here.

Nope to busy to run a website Smile

Reply with quote Saturday, July 15, 2017

small zippy super combo, game is totally rebooted and all mechanics work well online, now just need to animate and animate to fill in the attacks

EDIT : stuff added the image incorrectly, my bad

Interesting camera angles. Solid representation of zwee fighting. Is this on rails gameplay-wise or are all of these maneuvers individual player inputs?

Its a bit of both, its a similar style to Earth Special Forces Smile

I've not played Earth Special Forces, but I recall seeing that the commercial Dragon Ball Z games use scripted "cinematics" intermixed with quick-time-events. These are great for presentation/show, but it's a lot different than letting player input/skill be the deciding factor for creating the outcomes.

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

I hope it's not "push the button -> watch animation" style of game Very Happy.
Earth Special Forces 1.1 has very simple fighting system but somehow... it was just fun to play.

Newfolder wrote : I hope it's not "push the button -> watch animation" style of game Very Happy.
Earth Special Forces 1.1 has very simple fighting system but somehow... it was just fun to play.

nope *laughing out loud* not quick time events

I have also disabled kameha's and ultimate attacks to stop players being able to spam them at any moment, I want the core focus to be gameplay and mêlée combat, in order to do a kameha you have to first cross over the opponents hit box and have to have both a higher ki level and stamina level then you opponent unless he isn't in boost mode then you just need to attack him holding shift and a kamaha will play etc, opponent can counter from here etc

Reply with quote Monday, July 17, 2017

advanced graphics menu made from the ground up took about 5-6 hours but all done using variables and string lines instead of actual console commands because console commands are messing and should not be used in menus Smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd8SgIBUqWY

Skatter #*&@%! View user's profile Send private message

During your power struggle at the end there, I'd tone those "heat wave" effects down a bit. I mean your personal preference may be that it looks good, and I wouldn't take the effect out altogether if you like it, but I would dial it back-not in size, just intensity. It's very often that less is more in effects, especially with regards to Dragon Ball Z, and this time I'm not talking about accuracy, just that it's almost too busy to be aesthetically pleasing.

Also the cancellation/explosion is incredibly low-resolution for the scale of the object it's being applied to(or so it seems) and it looks more like both beams are petering out from being tired rather than exploding/canceling out in a powerful way. Like someone turned off the water pressure on a fire hose and it went from maximum to zero in an instant. Just a couple of opinions, take them as you will. Maybe an entire rework of that effect should be in order, perhaps with multiple stages in rapid succession blending together.

Skatter wrote : During your power struggle at the end there, I'd tone those "heat wave" effects down a bit. I mean your personal preference may be that it looks good, and I wouldn't take the effect out altogether if you like it, but I would dial it back-not in size, just intensity. It's very often that less is more in effects, especially with regards to Dragon Ball Z, and this time I'm not talking about accuracy, just that it's almost too busy to be aesthetically pleasing.

Also the cancellation/explosion is incredibly low-resolution for the scale of the object it's being applied to(or so it seems) and it looks more like both beams are petering out from being tired rather than exploding/canceling out in a powerful way. Like someone turned off the water pressure on a fire hose and it went from maximum to zero in an instant. Just a couple of opinions, take them as you will. Maybe an entire rework of that effect should be in order, perhaps with multiple stages in rapid succession blending together.

sorry the end cancellation effect was low quality because it was finished being loaded in the ram as I forgot to cook it :/ its actually a really high quality effect

Ah, I see! I should've known that, but I'm mostly unfamiliar with UE4 outside of screwing around with ARK: Survival Evolved a bit.

if you want I can show you a higher res version now, I had a wind effect after explosion and a short white screen as well but after a few online test etc it started to interfere with game play so I removed it and just created that small burst

That's entirely up to you-Effects have always been an interest to me since that's all I'm good for, so it's the only thing I feel confident/competent enough to give legitimate feedback on.

Skatter wrote : That's entirely up to you-Effects have always been an interest to me since that's all I'm good for, so it's the only thing I feel confident/competent enough to give legitimate feedback on.

particle effects are by far my weak spot *laughing out loud*

Reply with quote Monday, October 02, 2017

Haven't posted here in a while, either way, testing new shader "more cartoony" along with a new aura particle system, also for a laugh hooked up the cloud system to set location and opacity when the power up bool is active blah blah same old.

emirh08 wrote :

Haven't posted here in a while, either way, testing new shader "more cartoony" along with a new aura particle system, also for a laugh hooked up the cloud system to set location and opacity when the power up bool is active blah blah same old.

Looks interesting, but maybe you should reverse the opacity to make the clouds stick around when powering up, since the energy should be pushing the clouds away, not pulling them in. Unless that's the effect you were going for.

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]