Content

Review My Game

DBZmasabsuperf View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Hey People! Hope so you all are alright, It has been so many years.
So I just wanted you guys to try my android game.
Do give it a try people !
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tenstatic.twirly_ball

Nazemancer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, April 12, 2019

Cool game. Since you asked for a review, it's got a bunch of glaring issues in my opinion, that make it hard to play for a while.

1: Too many ads
Every time the player loses, it pops up an ad- I found it to be very intrusive. You could do something like show an ad for every X amount of times the player loses to make it less intrusive.

2: Too many/too dense textures
There are textures everywhere, even in the menus. There's too much contrast and value changes which makes it look very busy. It doesn't look pleasing because it's got too many changes in brightness and color in a small area. It also distracts the player from being able to properly focusing, since the ball, or the hurdles might get lost in all the textures, and everything is moving. You could do something like have the Ball and hurdles without texture while have the pathway textured- that'll make the ball and the hurdles stand out. This obviously doesn't apply if you made it intentionally to confuse the players.

3: No atmospheric perspective- makes it look really cripsy and unnatural, and ultimately not pleasing to the eye.

4: Textures are basically pasted on, and have no depth and tile abruptly.

All in all, I think you should study color theory and try to make it visually appealing.

Also, as for the controls, they feel unnatural(to me anyway). In my opinion, you could have it so that the player can move the camera's direction when he holds and moves a touch.
Good luck!

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]