Shane View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, December 08, 2009

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N1MJ39KS
A Quake 3 Halflife converter
Figure it out
I got it to work

*About the Snakeway Map I was creating.
Its moving kind of slow
I starting to see why its so hard to make a good map.
Nothing I would want you to screenshot

Ameon View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, December 20, 2009

doesn't work Sad

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, December 21, 2009

A zip of an unknown executable uploaded to Megaupload. Gee, there's absolutely zero chance of it being malicious, right? It must be trust worthy if it's hosted on megaupload with no original site or author's post to verify it![/scarcasm]

Saying "here's a program which I say is such-and-such, run it and work it out yourself" is akin to going up to someone on the street and saying "Hey, in the back of that truck is a kick arse hifi that's all yours, go in and grab it yourself! Don't worry, I won't lock you in there. Ignore the other corpses."

of course, the program does seem to be real, though I can find no reference to it on the author's site what so ever. However, it does not convert compiled, PLAYABLE Half-Life maps to compiled, PLAYABLE Quake 3 maps nor the other way around. Nope, it just converts the uncompiled raw .MAP files between the two formats while losing a ton of game specific data. Pretty much a waste of time to attempt to use it, you're better off just remaking any level you want "converted" by hand.

Total View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, December 21, 2009

the download link is broken.
I think he removed the link.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]