Content

some suggesions

dbzspriter View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, September 24, 2009

Here are a few suggestions for the game

1. I like the power level system but you should add a rage meter, you know like for transformations for for example Gohan he gets stronger and his power level rises, Super Saiyan,Kaioken etc

2.Give each character a special ability and a certain disadvantage for for example in the Saiyan saga Goku knew how to hide his power level the othersaiyans couldn't but Vegeta and Nappa could tell everybodys exact power level using their scouters gohans power increases massively when angry etc

3.don't create many small maps instead why don't you create one massive map of the Dragon Ball Z world in between the famous stages could be plains villages sea mountains etc

4.First raise the maximum power level from 32k to something big first problem solved. the second problem is the going beyond limits thing it doesn't make sense Any body can go beyond thier limits up to 32k without fighting anybody. Make a system in which if you go beyond the power your body can take you die . Something like when king kai warned Goku not to go beyond Kaioken 4 (maybe it was 2 or 3).To increase the amount power you can take start fighing

5.Make some destructable terrain you know like Worms fort 3D.Interactave objects like dragon balls etc.Yeah and make that spirit bond a bit bit smaller its really big and takes less energy than the kamehameha. also me destructible hills houses etc like Budokai Tenkaichi 3

6.You can make a snakeway/otheworld map you die , you go there you can train there without the fear of being killed(since you are aldredy dead) then you just go to king yemma and go back to the real world (or something like that)

7.make ranks like, if your power level is 5000 your rank is z warrior (I'm not to creative with names) getting a higher rank means new techniques or something like that

8.Please label the players its really tough to differentiate them if you don't

9.Make 4 different models of each player for example Goku= 1st model normal Goku
2nd model Goku bleeding a little
3rd model Goku ,his orange uniform is totally torn you can see the blue one beneath it
4th model Goku,toppless and bleeding badly

10.Give each player a permanent id it gets confusing they keep changing thier names

11.give the stages day and night . saiyans can become stronger on full moon nights if not Oozaru

if some of these suggestions may seem to far fetched to you just ignore them

The game has great potential and it can get even better Very Happy

Sorry for my bad vocabulary and spellings

mel "I'll Mop Your Face!" View user's profile Send private message

some of your suggestions are good but others are ridiculous. you do know that the "Raditz landing" map is big. try standing on the ground and see how you compare to the landscape. but not to worry, the bigger maps like the "desert duel" are coming soon. one more thing, this is a beta so most of the features aren't yet implemented

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

1st: Cool idea but I needed a year for understand the current bar, why complicate more? *intense laughter*, no, I hope that rage bar exsist in a future.

2nd: Goku, krillin, Gohan, Yamucha... could feel the power level (I think, I can't remember very well).

3rd: mel gave you an answer *intense laughter*.

4th: The perfect Dragon Ball Z game doesn't exist XXDD.

5th: This is using Quake 3 engine, not cryengine 2 *intense laughter*. I think that destructable objects can't be made (I don't know I'm not dev *intense laughter*)

6th: Cool, I hope this works in a future 0.0.

7th: With 32k are you Oozaru Gogeta Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two) with the 7 Dragon Ball in ranking Question *intense laughter*.

8th: I hope they do it...

9t: I made a thread of this saying than the Goku models aren't necessary but Goku bleeding is cool Embarassed.

10: Everybody can change their nick, or one day a guy is drunk (*intense laughter*) and his name is, hyperrgaybuterfree72 (*laughing out loud*) what can he do?

11: Like Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Cool.

This is just my opinion Rolling Eyes, tomorrow the dev can do everything opposing this *intense laughter*

HAHA! I win, my English is worst Very Happy

Forza Gerlacious View user's profile Send private message

dbzspriter wrote : Here are a few suggestions for the game

1. I like the power level system but you should add a rage meter, you know like for transformations for for example Gohan he gets stronger and his power level rises, Super Saiyan,Kaioken etc

I'm a really big fan of the current system. When transformations arrive you will see how useful it is. Transformations handle the things you want already. No need for a rage bar in my opinion (although opinions do not exist).

2.Give each character a special ability and a certain disadvantage for for example in the Saiyan saga Goku knew how to hide his power level the othersaiyans couldn't but Vegeta and Nappa could tell everybodys exact power level using their scouters gohans power increases massively when angry etc

Originally something like this was planned, but I'm not sure if it will be implemented. All characters of course do have their special abilities in form of attacks!

3.don't create many small maps instead why don't you create one massive map of the Dragon Ball Z world in between the famous stages could be plains villages sea mountains etc

Come on! Landing is huge. Desert is even 4 times as big.

4.First raise the maximum power level from 32k to something big first problem solved. the second problem is the going beyond limits thing it doesn't make sense Any body can go beyond thier limits up to 32k without fighting anybody. Make a system in which if you go beyond the power your body can take you die . Something like when king kai warned Goku not to go beyond Kaioken 4 (maybe it was 2 or 3).To increase the amount power you can take start fighing

It takes very long to be 32k if you don't fight though :p. In Kaioken mode you do damage to your body by the way.

5.Make some destructable terrain you know like Worms fort 3D.Interactave objects like dragon balls etc.Yeah and make that spirit bond a bit bit smaller its really big and takes less energy than the kamehameha. also me destructible hills houses etc like Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Very difficult to implement in Quake 3; the engine is limited in this department.

6.You can make a snakeway/otheworld map you die , you go there you can train there without the fear of being killed(since you are aldredy dead) then you just go to king yemma and go back to the real world (or something like that)

Funny idea and it may even be implementable in some way when segmented servers arrive, however the maps you ask for might not be made. The community could help a hand here.

7.make ranks like, if your power level is 5000 your rank is z warrior (I'm not to creative with names) getting a higher rank means new techniques or something like that

Ranks are kind of lacking in identifiable function; it wasn't in the show either now was it? The rewards for a higher power level is of course a transformation.

8.Please label the players its really tough to differentiate them if you don't

Enable the identify target option.

9.Make 4 different models of each player for example Goku= 1st model normal Goku
2nd model Goku bleeding a little
3rd model Goku ,his orange uniform is totally torn you can see the blue one beneath it
4th model Goku,toppless and bleeding badly

We already have 2 versions of Goku and adding more variations you can do yourself if you want to Smile

10.Give each player a permanent id it gets confusing they keep changing thier names

I don't think that's possible.

11.give the stages day and night . saiyans can become stronger on full moon nights if not Oozaru

Not sure on this one, I've never seen a day and night shift in Quake 3 based games.

Hope that answers most of your requests. Team members might think differently though.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

1. The hud is designed to be minimalistic and thus extra bars just jump things up. If this were the standard ZEQ2 project, you'd have no hud and crosshair at all! Additionally, "rage" as a generic stat does not apply uniformly to all Dragon Ball Z character personalities and behaviors and thus should not be a standard. Besires that, rage is more of a player behavior type than an actual numerical measurement.

2. Planned already.

3. The landing map is about 15-20 times larger than a standard Quake 3 map and arguably one of the larger maps ever to exist on the Quake 3 engine. The desert map actually hits the Quake 3 limit in this regard. What you have described is actually the previous plans for segment and world servers -- this WILL be implemented in a later build.

4. 32,767 is the maximum size of an unsigned short int. Typically this is an internal constraint that we wouldn't have access to, but in this case, we can technically adjust the playerstate structure with engine access. However, we've chosen to keep the power level value as a short int to conserve bandwidth as multiple power level values do exist. To compensate numerically, we offer hud multiplier tricks in tier .cfgs that can theoretically be used to display numbers up to 4,294,967,295 -- that's 4.2 billion.

Raising your power level beyond your limit does correlate directly with the series as MANY characters pushed "beyond" their actual bodily limitations to attain a higher power level. Raising your power level beyond your limit DOES incur a fatigue penalty. If someone sits around letting the enmy spend 15 minutes doing nothing but powering up, that's their fault.

5. Worms 3D didn't have true destructible terrain and neither do 99.9% of games on the market. Destructible objects are not the same as deformable terrain -- which is something Red Faction had. We have something in the works, but implementing such things is very time consuming and difficult under Quake 3 contraints.

The Spirit Bomb will NOT be getting reduced in size. It will actually increase MANY times in size, but have a deficit of a much longer charge time, disallowed movement, and accessibility only when severely damaged.

6. Planned in ZEQ2, not directly planned for ZEQ2-lite at the moment as we have other priorities.

7. A ranking system does not relate to the Dragon Ball Z series in any way and is just a gimmicky setup used by some games.

8. I hope you aren't referring to the character select screen. I'll assume you mean player names ingame. You can actually enable this by turning on "identify target" from the game options menu. There are bugs that persist right now that can nullify a player's name, however. A more robust system will exist in later versions for sensory identification.

9. Battle damage? Planned on ZEQ2, not as likely on ZEQ2-lite unless we can get our former lead artist, SV, actively back.

10. Will not be an issue in future versions due to point 8.

11. Not directly series applicable aside from the desert duel map. Possible to implement, but not important enough to focus on right now.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]