Content

[NOT A BUG] Landing map bug

PaRDaL-BR View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, December 24, 2009

There is a bug in one part of the landing map.(Sorry about the very, very bad English. I'm brasilian so...)

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

what the heck???

PLEASE give us more details

broly3110 View user's profile Send private message

Wow I know exactly where the bug is!Give us more detail,its lacking in identifiable function to say "Well duh there is a bug like over there!"

In one part, your legs get under the map....A small bug. I use fraps (vacuums) so I made a video, I'm uploading it on youtube. When its finished I'll post the link

screenshot

broly3110 View user's profile Send private message

*laughing out loud*,Goku got his legs cut off!

divinemaniac with a fake title View user's profile Send private message

broly3110 wrote : *laughing out loud*,Goku got his legs cut off!

*laughing out loud*

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Other bugs I experience but I don't wanna create a new topic:
Tell which part so the team can fix it ^^
I think they made an object at that place and then they deleted it but they forgot doing something
I don't know much don't blame me Confused
Also don't laughed because the team will be mad Rolling Eyes

what's wrong in shoot 6 and 4?

in 4 look at Raditz front pad Rolling Eyes
in 6 it was just a little screen I took because I can walk like that
Many other bugs and suggestions
Also look at hair at Raditz back you can't see it at the first time but keep looking at it you will seea weird modelling shading Confused
and When charging energy why it's not animated everlasting ? or when soaring and beam firing ? Goku hair need animation when kamehameha and his belt straps too... desert duel should have a little sand storm (I don't know much how to explain) Piccolo don't have scatter shot until cell saga and lightning grenade
too...
Finally , Landing map isn't matching the anime because the grass texture isn't like that and don't have much plains
is it possible to get damaged when took a big beam like I said in my first post ?? Its easy to code for coders when you take over 1500 damage you turn like that I think ZEQ2 will be cooler like that

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

There is a bug in one part of the landing map.(Sorry about the very, very bad English. I'm brasilian so...)

This is not a bug. The error you mention is a clipping issue with the BSP's collision tree. We've optimized the q3map2 compiler and settings quite a few times as well as making many hand tweaks to resolve a lot of collision mishaps.

You'll have to be more specific on an overview shot from the crater for us to pinpoint the existing location to patch it.

in 4 look at Raditz front pad Rolling Eyes
in 6 it was just a little screen I took because I can walk like that
Many other bugs and suggestions
Also look at hair at Raditz back you can't see it at the first time but keep looking at it you will seea weird modelling shading Confused

None of these are bugs. Again, these are clipping issues. Most of the ones you mention are achieved by using the alter power level issue that causes the torso to have free movement independent from the legs.

and When charging energy why it's not animated everlasting ? or when soaring and beam firing ? Goku hair need animation when kamehameha and his belt straps too...

If you want them to happen, make them. This is an open project. Any suggestion you make AT ALL will automatically reflect straight back to yourself. There are plenty of things from expressions, wind effects, battle damaged / torn clothing, etc. that could be done, but we do not have a traditional centralized development team in this case.

It's up to people like yourself to learn the necessary talents and contribute to the project overall rather than just making obvious suggestions.

desert duel should have a little sand storm (I don't know much how to explain) Piccolo don't have scatter shot until cell saga and lightning grenade
too...

You don't have the desert map, therefore you don't know what it does and does not have. We are quite aware concerning the scatter shot. If you'll notice the little forenote on the main blog, you'll remember that this is currently a sandbox beta project -- one might I mention that was not intended to be played beyond a quick hop in to scope things out.

Very little facets of development are likely to stay unchanged.

Finally , Landing map isn't matching the anime because the grass texture isn't like that and don't have much plains

Actually, the landing map was composed of a set of green splats in a patchwork fashion. No, the colors aren't accurate at the moment since we were unable to surmise a practical method of doing this efficiently back in 2005-2006; however, the hill shapes/positions, dirt patch shapes/positions, and general relativity of objects and other scene elements are an accurate representation from hundreds of studied references.

To summarize, all that's missing is a proper grass stylization schema and other minor surface level aesthetics -- the structure/design is already there.

is it possible to get damaged when took a big beam like I said in my first post ?? Its easy to code for coders when you take over 1500 damage you turn like that I think ZEQ2 will be cooler like that

I don't understand this question. Can you please rephrase it?

Additionally, this project is NOT ZEQ2, but rather ZEQ2-Lite. ZEQ2 is an entirely DIFFERENT project on a DIFFERENT engine with DIFFERENT goals.

I don't understand this question. Can you please rephrase it?

He wants say when a great beam hits you, your clothes breaks and you begin bleed (like budokai tenkaichi 3), in other words (if you can't understand ;P)have damaged clothes when a strong beam hits you.

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

its easy to code for coders when you take over 1500 damage you turn like that

Isn't it just so awesome when non-coders who have absolutlely zero idea what "syntax" is tells coders that something is easy to code, as if it really is as simple as saying "if you have less than such-and-such health this happens" and suddenly, bam, as if by magic, the player models have visible damage.

Reply with quote Friday, December 25, 2009

Alex wrote :
Isn't it just so awesome when non-coders who have absolutlely zero idea what "syntax" is tells coders that something is easy to code, as if it really is as simple as saying "if you have less than such-and-such health this happens" and suddenly, bam, as if by magic, the player models have visible damage.

Owww man...Do as you want then but if you wanna do a game the most matching possible to the series you have to do both of the details of the anime you find
You guys took a responsibility you should finish it Rolling Eyes

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, December 25, 2009

Malek stop being a nuissance, dude.
He just said you are a fool to think it's easy and then you don't understand even that.

He just said it isn't easy to code anything. Nothing about not wanting to do it or taking away the possibility that it might ever get in. Rolling you're eyes won't change that.

And it is also especially NOT their responsibility to finish this project. The only reason they even released the public beta is to get the fans involved! So if anything it is your responsibility!

Really I thought you would know this by now, since you want to become part of the team.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]