Content

Dispersion Project

giuliani View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 10, 2006

Hi,
I'm working now on a MMORPG in 3d inspired by the Dragon Ball universe (when I have a little free time^^), this game "Projet Dispersion" has no pretention and it's realized by passion, nothing else. For the moment I make everything 3D, 2D alone, and my friend, Marbas, scripts the game.

I give you the url

Arrow www.dispersion.fr.st

or without ads

Arrow http://phamter.free.fr

(Sorry the site is in french for the moment, and there is a display problem for I.E. user)

Do not hesitate to make (constructive)critics and others thx.

dale_22x View user's profile Send private message

interestant....

hmmm you said you can pic from the races that are present in the DB world...

but what exactly will you be able to have?

humans and nameks and maybe androids seem to be the only race that isn't does have a really low population. or are ignoring that factor?

an idea I think would be kinda cool, would be to let people do some of the same quests that goku, did when he was younger,...like stuff for master roshi...and all that other stuff..

will you have different worlds?...namek?...the "next dimention?"

you absolutely MUST (or else )have the tournaments that they have.... and have people register for it...=/ you can let lots of people join, and then let them fight pliriminaries, and then have a trounaments with like 8 people... that would be fun. (have different divitions for different level ranges so that it won't always be the losers that spend all there time playing and level up that won't be winning all the time)

and one thing...try to make it so that peopel with higher levels do not completely over power lower level people....unless they are waaay abouve there oponent.....make it a bit more based on skill and statergy. I guess.....

I'm sorry, I was talking about the All Dragon Ball Universe of M.Toriyama, with DB and DBZ (GT not sure)
So you will find all races (for the moment, Humans, Nameks, Saiyajins, Cyborgs, Henshins(freezer and BOO not the same race but Henshins means transformation) a lot of alien races and the Kaïoh, the list is not definitive, this is just for the example)

The idea of tournament is still in developpment, that will be an instance, a place where people could fight one by one without lost XP.

I hope add a lot of universe, Earth Planet ,Planet namek, next dimension, Planet Freeza etc... But I'm only concentrating on Earth Planet right now.

As The Project Page is in french, I guess that maybe you cannot understand what I wrote, but I make a presentation of the gameplay and you have to know that Character evolution is based on a Point system.
Every character would have the possibility to chose his own skills and to attribute his points for each skill, so that every player would have an "unique" evolution. I mean each player could chose his kind of KI attack, mêlée attack, regen skill etc.. in a list of several skills to make every character different from the other.

And the problem of the level, I thought like that, in the game you cannot earn money by killing the other, but you could rob some accesories after the battle and sell them, So when a player high level would kill a low level, He cannot rob him if his level is not superior at the level 10 or 15 (not decided yet).

I hope is comprehensible *laughing out loud* (my english is not correct^^) and I hope I could answer to your questions

haha dun't worry you're englsih is pretty comprihensible..

yea..sorry I didn't totall understand that charcter evolution part on the site..thanks

XD am forgetting all ma french... the first timei read through dragonball twas in french...=O and uncensored!...or where they just edits..=_=..

anyways..the project sounds really interesting... =) I even bookmarke tho I really dislike mmo's it's stil interesting.

good luck

Thx a lot *laughing out loud*

I try to make this game quite different from actual MMO not only a simple hack'n slash.

hmm..I've always though of doing an mmo...wiht turn bassed fighting...but then...I know ots of peopel don't like that..

but...what if you entered a sort of battle systemwhen you got into a fight....but in realtime :S

I don't really understand your question but the fights are in realtime...
You just have to click on a enemy to target him and you will have the choice between mêlée or ki attack, you couldn't play with the joypad, just with the mouse and maybe keyboard (not sure) for the shortcuts.
You click and you quickly chose which attack this is not a tour by tour (not sure it's exists in english^^)

RiO View user's profile Send private message

giuliani wrote : I'm sorry, I was talking about the All Dragon Ball Universe of M.Toriyama, with DB and DBZ (GT not sure)
So you will find all races (for the moment, Humans, Nameks, Saiyajins, Cyborgs, Henshins(freezer and BOO not the same race but Henshins means transformation) a lot of alien races and the Kaïoh, the list is not definitive, this is just for the example)

You should probably change the henshins lineup a bit. Freeza and his family and guys like Zarbon are changelings, you got that right. However, Buu is a demon. He should go in the same lineup as Dabura, Garlic Jr, the Spice boys, etc. , who are all demons.

One point for you Rio^^

It's just because I wanted to gather all characters like freeza, zarbon, boo and janemba in the same category henshins but I didn't think to the demons ^^.

thx

0 / 2472