Content

1, 2  >>

Dragonball MMORPG

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, April 19, 2007

I bet a lot of you know this already but it's true!
Dragonball online is coming to xbox 360 and pc.

I'm really looking forward to this title as it's practically what I've always wanted. Being able to create and grow up your own dragonball character. I used to fantasise bout making redesigns of your character for a transformation once you get the skill. And so everyone could invent his own race.

Still I'm kind of surprised Toriyama decided to make a MMORPG of dragonball instead of the so more obvious Dragonquest franchise. I think it would've been more fitting yet evenly enjoinable.
At least you wouldn't get annoyed about everyone fighting on the ground, throwing punches that hardly hit anything and have no impact what so ever. (In my perfect MMORPG I would imagine the ennemies getting projected miles into the sky by a single punch.)
But sadly I figure there's a good possibility flying woun't be in at all since there's a chance it's mostly dragonball based and flying didn't really occur untill the ending of the show.
Maybe it's a skill you have to acquire. Still that wouldn't make up for the total lack of power the fighting is looking like right now.

Please discuss and maybe share ideas of your perfect dbz mmorpg, if you have one that is.

Zeonix The Nix™ View user's profile Send private message

Looks pretty, kinda, but doesn't really give me the sense that it's a dbz game.

I'll be too busy playing that Marvel Superheroes mmo coming to the pc and 360, anyway.

The F-Man Leader of the F-Men™ View user's profile Send private message

whats this marvel game for 360 called? I never heard of it. if this dbz game is for 360 I might give it a rent, if its good then I might buy it. looks pretty decent right now

Zeonix The Nix™ View user's profile Send private message

Marvel Universe Online.

zane View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, April 27, 2007

Check this out:
http://www.ntl-kk.com/dbo.html

Grega View user's profile Send private message

To be honest. It looks like another borring MMO to me. Just that the characters can throw Kamehamehas instead of fire spells ^^

Forza View user's profile Send private message

zane wrote : Check this out:
http://www.ntl-kk.com/dbo.html

*ponders*.. and then you have like 20 goku's on one server? And the hud looks so much like WoW.

no it's more like there are just the legends like goku, gohan, piccolo, vegeta etc.

you can't control one of them, you create your own hero.

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

The Textures on the screenshots don't look that great, so I'm not really sure if im gonna play it, as with RPG's I mostly play those also for the nice surroundings and stuff like that.

Plus, if it's in japanese only I won't bother to look out for it any further until it comes to Europe or America (IF it will come here that is...)

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Looks ok.. To bad there isn't free flight. (not that I can see anyway).

Maybe I'll play it. Maybe I won't. I'm not that trilled about it.

well if the fight system is ok, if there is free flight and if there is a big community, than I'll play it.

But there's just no need, since zeq2 is going to become nice Smile *love* Wink

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, April 28, 2007

Whoa! This is what I always dreamt of! Creating your very own Z-fighter!
Kudos to ZEQ2, but I'm more of the type who likes to be his own character, not trying to copy a character already made, which is rather limiting, if you understand what I mean.

AGoku View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, April 28, 2007

I think this looks awesome, spending countless hours on creating a character that can own all the others... but I think ZEQ2 sounds more appealing, especially with the rapid jump, fast flight.... ooooh baby

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 29, 2007

Yea, trouble with mmorpg-s is that there is no actual "real time", or dimension for that matter...
Everything is set up so that you can play it without the graphics, and with a 10 second lag... Reminds me of Final Fantasy battles, just with moving around.
So I'm afraid it will just end up a generic Korean-mmorpg-like grindfest with a sub-par engine.

Punio4 wrote : Yea, trouble with mmorpg-s is that there is no actual "real time", or dimension for that matter...
Everything is set up so that you can play it without the graphics, and with a 10 second lag... Reminds me of Final Fantasy battles, just with moving around.
So I'm afraid it will just end up a generic Korean-mmorpg-like grindfest with a sub-par engine.

That would be such a shame. The potential of this game...
But even if they screw us over with standard mmorpg fighting I'll still play it for all of the new dbz-like monsters toriyama created and of course for the story, because if Toriyama is involved you know the story for the game is gonna rock. (Chrono Trigger,Dragon quest 8, Blue dragon...)

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

A MMORPG, meh.

Somehow it doesnt sound right. Dragonball Z games should be more focussed on the story and realism according to the series.(So no 2 Vegetas)

But I have to admit nice concept though.

Dan the Rebirth View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, May 06, 2007

hey according to my information DB online will have a new storyline written by akira toriyama, it plays 200years after the end of DBZ and goku, trunks and piccolo came to the future to save the world, but this time they need help, help from ther siplings of the future, namekian, saiyajins and earthling all three races have grown on earth and live side by side you can be one of them and create your own chara like you can do it in WoW but in DBo you can start as a child, 5years old, and grow up to an aduld

so the best thing what we can do is wait till we get more informations, and starting learning japanese because there is no release for europe or the usa planed, but the korean final and the japanese release will be in 2008

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

..namekian, saiyajins and earthling...

How did the saiyan race get re-populated ...... *shudders*

it is perfectly possible zeth.
Then again it would only be half-saiyans or even 1/8-saiyans but they would still exist.
I figure the saiyan genes would be favored above the human genes and so would survive through the principle of survival of the fittest.
Maybe even through cross breeding of the 2 founding families the saiyan blood could be kept pretty high.

So there really is no flaw in toriyama's story.

even in the gt movie there was stil super saiyajins so...its not a new idea
by the way: DB online is a sequel to DBZ not to DBGT! that means all the witty and silly events of GT did never happen

but back to your question: may did goku travel back in time and saved planet vegeta^^ no just a joke, the detail of the background story are still anknown to me, but isn't it unimportant how they got repupulatet? imean we shurely will get exlaint how that happend, but the most important thing is that Akira Toriyama wrotte a new story and that its not the old sory of freeza cell and buu, finally something new
and even the original story had some little errors

If Pan was 1/4 saiyan and this takes place 200 years later. Assuming a new generation roughly every 20 years, the creatures would be 0.02% saiyan (or 1/4096) unless you have inbred nature, which would screw up the gene pool even worse.

Azurite View user's profile Send private message

Zeth, remember that Saiyajins age slower too.

If this DBO story is made up by Akira, I wonder how the DBGT story will be handled.
If not ignored maybe at least modified.

You have to consider though. Be that as it may, the general age of conception is still roughly around the same time for most mothers in the DBZ world. The aging bit was mostly a visual aging thing if I remember correctly anyhow with probably a little emphasis on the bodily breakdown as well. Think though. That process and capability would be halved at each new generation as well. We're still talking about a saiyan gene level under 5% after 200 years.

Azurite View user's profile Send private message

Unless they found more survivors.
It's kind of strange that the Saiyajin civilization should all have gathered on Planet Vegeta except 4 (if you ignore Brolly and his father).
It's like planet Krypton all over again.

If say our Earth would have half their technology we'd have millions of humans scattered all over space.

I'm sure Akira (if he's actually making this DBO story) must've pulled some unknown saiyajins from space.

Otherwise, like you said, a lot of inbreeding.

well first of all: its just a story it don't have to be 100% accurate, all movies are cool, but they are full of plotholes

and 2.:
the Saiyajin DNA is dominat/aggressiv, even if your grand grand grand grand father was gohan, your DNA will still have the same amout of saiyajin DNA, you have to ignor GT, in GT all charakters got mutch weaker than in Z and Pan got no development at all, that the reason why we think a 1/4 saiyajin is week
that all just started by the proudnes of vegeta who couldnt accept gohan as a saiyajin
sure we see some changes in the minds of a full and a half blooded saiyajin, but I think they don't came from the DNA, they came from ther treatment, on planet vegeta they got thrilled to fight...but gohan and co had the free choise to do what they want

even goku never had known something else than fighting, he never could play with other childs, all he could do the hole day was training and hunting...

ps.: if my spelling or grama isn't perfekt some times please forgive me^^

1, 2  >>

0 / 2472