Content

1, 2  >>

Frame by Frame Skeletal Animations

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 30, 2007

scootypuffjr View user's profile Send private message

It's really hard to throw input at a short segment like that(not that input is my business), but I like what I saw. It was an interesting read, as well.

Madara View user's profile Send private message

for being frame by frame capturing to the show, its very accurate, though puaseing it at different frames do show some small errors, but I'm sure this is an early test of this method and everything will be cleaned up.

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

So this jerky movement is noticeable because you're demonstrating the technique or because it's a WIP?

It's really hard to throw input at a short segment like that(not that input is my business), but I like what I saw. It was an interesting read, as well.

The primary reason that the animation clip was so short was due in part to a MULTITUDE of issues which basically boil down to the ZEQ2 project having such a small team with sparse time available and greatly varying time zones between members. Until we can pick up several more solid project members for media, the visual updates may be brief due to the timespan and focus available.

Regardless of all of this, the update and development style of ZEQ2 as far as public concerns goes MIGHT be changing (for the better) soon enough. This depends highly on the favoritism of the project team and, again, the volume of applications received for the project.

So this jerky movement is noticeable because you're demonstrating the technique or because it's a WIP?

Jerky movement? Part of the issues lie with the encode, but have you actually ever WATCHED the DBZ series? The movement style employed mocks those of series screen capture used to develop this animation down to the dot.

If ZEQ2 was going for highly smooth transitions, we'd be altering from our path of pure visual mockery. The key is to emulate the flow of the series in all regards, even if that means reproducing quirks and typically only hand-drawn aspects used in simplified time frames. The final composite of a scene will reproduce the series so much, I assure you, that you will not be able to distinguish the two.

heck, it's really hard to tell when it's a WIP... But I myself prefer the more fluent 'traditional' game animation...
But you won't listen to fans' suggestions, now would you? Laughing

Hey! Are you going to include those cheap animation scenes with repeating sequences when fights were on? Smile

scootypuffjr View user's profile Send private message

The primary reason that the animation clip was so short was due in part to a MULTITUDE of issues which basically boil down to the ZEQ2 project having such a small team with sparse time available and greatly varying time zones between members. Until we can pick up several more solid project members for media, the visual updates may be brief due to the timespan and focus available.

Regardless of all of this, the update and development style of ZEQ2 as far as public concerns goes MIGHT be changing (for the better) soon enough. This depends highly on the favoritism of the project team and, again, the volume of applications received for the project.

I can completely understand and was in no way complaining. It's nice to see something besides posed screenshots Razz

heck, it's really hard to tell when it's a WIP... But I myself prefer the more fluent 'traditional' game animation...

Remember though. This isn't a game project in any practical regard. Traditional games follow traditional standards of working and, as a result, are typically wholly similar in many areas. While we might share some common grounds being that we do offer interactivity, our research group has these forums primarily to function for technical comments in relation to that of the series or rendering technology altogether.

But you won't listen to fans' suggestions, now would you?

Of course we will. From a developer to developer or guru to guru standpoint on DBZ or rendering analysis, we're all ears. We actually encourage such intelligent responses and conversations. Sadly, we get very few discussions going of this type outside of the project team. Sad

Hey! Are you going to include those cheap animation scenes with repeating sequences when fights were on?

Are you talking about speed mêlée animations? Of course.

And don't forget the 'Zwee-movement' Smile (BLGT) Wink

Well even I'm not so fond of this frame animation, I'll still anticipate the finished GAME Wink

I can completely understand and was in no way complaining. It's nice to see something besides posed screenshots Razz

Oh, it's no problem at all, pal. We have high standards and quality as a project, but I just don't think some people realize how much raw manpower we lack altogether to accomplish the feats we have set in motion. Perhaps the applications will begin rolling in some time in the near future though, who knows.

And don't forget the 'Zwee-movement' Smile (BLGT) Wink

It's the DBZ style equivalent of Zanzoken. Who in their right mind would have a DBZ project without that?!

I want to say sorry for my rant about your decision on animation style... Embarassed

You guys are doing something truly significant Exclamation Props! Smile

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

I think it's a great idea!
If I understand correctly it's practically drawing an animation... in 3D. The thing I dislike most about 3d animations is the repetitive nature of it. For example take the budokai games where they created say a set of mêlée moves that would give only 2 or 3 characters actual unique moves, then they mix those moves up to create a moveset for around 50 characters. And believe it or not... it shows!!

That's why it still like handdrawn 2D fighting games better where every character has his fully unique moveset. Attacks might resemble eachother but it would always be different because it had to be drawn seperately all over again for another character.
Using the same skeleton for different characters (even if they are around the same height and have some shared moves) is a big taboo for me.

Looking at this animation sequence gave me an impression of watching manga getting live Wink
Now I'm starting to like this 'frame-by-frame' technique. It looks kinda natural Smile

GoliasBR View user's profile Send private message

have only one thing to say: Wow, amazing!
This is really good, this game amazes me more at each update

Forza View user's profile Send private message

spyxter wrote : Looking at this animation sequence gave me an impression of watching manga getting live Wink
Now I'm starting to like this 'frame-by-frame' technique. It looks kinda natural Smile

Haha, you change by the second don't you?

I for one love this. This technique gives a serious anime feel and is very accurate to the series. Imagine how you could nearly exactly replay an episode Smile

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

When I click on the image I get a blank page..

Assuming you are still logged in, a video file should download when you click the image. Check your cookies and all that shim-sham.

LionHeart View user's profile Send private message

Forza wrote :
I for one love this. This technique gives a serious anime feel and is very accurate to the series. Imagine how you could nearly exactly replay an episode Smile

Seconded.

Zeth wrote :

Assuming you are still logged in, a video file should download when you click the image. Check your cookies and all that shim-sham.

Everything is fine.
I also tried it in IE and FF. But it doesn't seem to matter. >_<

I pm-ed you the link
sorry for posting it

N-J ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

We don't really promote exterior links. The main point is that people register in order to view the media.

What N-J means is that one of the primary reasons we introduced registration to view media was to prevent certain groups from having direct access to certain files. It's plenty fine for you to have externally hosted files (heck, we can't stop you really -- pretty much inevitable). Just realize that the impact of externally hosted media can have potentially hazardous effects on the project should certain individuals come across it.

This is all if you catch my drift, of course. Hehe.

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

Hmm I don't know what to say... it looks cool... if the "colored" models will look like this (like drawing) - you "passed exam" (or something like that Very Happy).

Zeth wrote : What N-J means is that one of the primary reasons we introduced registration to view media was to prevent certain groups from having direct access to certain files. It's plenty fine for you to have externally hosted files (heck, we can't stop you really -- pretty much inevitable). Just realize that the impact of externally hosted media can have potentially hazardous effects on the project should certain individuals come across it.

This is all if you catch my drift, of course. Hehe.

sorry didn't know that, It won't happen again. Razz

Thanks LionHeart.

Looks great! Can't wait to see this game in action! ^^

1, 2  >>

0 / 2472