Content

Gameplay Timelines

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Addict_Designs View user's profile Send private message

Good idea, Zeq2 team. I like the idea of limiting saga use, this leaves for some interesting gameplay.
I'm guessing is when say going SSJ the gameplay speeds up? This game should make it very friendly for new players not use to fast pace action.

What about the Alternate time lines? Can you please explain those a little better? I assume by saying The History of Trunks movie won't contain characters such as Goku, but a little more in-depth information would be great.

What about the Alternate time lines? Can you please explain those a little better? I assume by saying The History of Trunks movie won't contain characters such as Goku, but a little more in-depth information would be great.

Selecting one of the additional timelines merely ADDS characters available or adjusts limits of currently existing characters. Although most movies are technically a timeline that is difficult, if not improbable, to accurately place, "The History of Trunks" movie differs altogether since a lot of key DBZ characters are not available. If someone wanted to play exclusively in this additional timeline, they would need to set the starting and ending timelines exclusively on it.

In that sense you are limited to something like : teen Trunks, adult Gohan, Android 17, and Android 18 though. I imagine it might be interesting to role-play out a movie, but not much more than that with such a restricted timeline Smile

Slipstream Catching On View user's profile Send private message

Hmm, very good stuff. It'll be interesting to see how the gameplay is when all the characters aren't super powered. We could almost have some dragon ball/Deadzone level fights ^^

Does this mean that when you choose a saga that the character avilable just won't grow in strength, abilites, etc. once they reach the cap, or will they automatically start off at the highest level

Also, does personality have some kind of effect on the gameplay, or is that just another way of saying whether or not a character is good or evil at that point in the series?

If the saga bar is maxed out to the end of the series and all the character's are available, will you be able to pick different versions of the same character (I.e a majin vegeta and saiyan saga vegeta in the same server). And if so, would their abilities be restricted by their saga origin, or will all character automatically be the most current version available for that saga?

Bloodyitachi View user's profile Send private message

Hey I was just wondering if you might go beyond just dbz or just stop at dbz and do just the fanatic dbaf?
I would like the to actually see the dbaf for once in a game. hopefully it won't be that much trouble, you won't even have to make a story for it. Very Happy

who is the mod leader by the way? I'm guessing Zeth.

but I love the idea no real crits neither.

can you give a little more info on the game though if it isn't too much trouble and if you have the info.

if this is just outragestly witty don't answer it Embarassed

RiO View user's profile Send private message

Bloodyitachi wrote : Hey I was just wondering if you might go beyond just dbz or just stop at dbz and do just the fanatic dbaf?
I would like the to actually see the dbaf for once in a game. hopefully it won't be that much trouble, you won't even have to make a story for it. Very Happy

but I love the idea no real crits neither.

can you give a little more info on the game though if it isn't too much trouble and if you have the info.

if this is just outragestly witty don't answer it Embarassed

Well. It's a DBZ mod, but no-one says mods of the mod would have to limit the saga timeline to DBZ. Scriptability, people. Scriptability. Wink
(Heck no-one says you'd have to limit yourself to anything dragonball at all... eventually)

Oh; and we make most of our decisions based on a democratic majority vote, so we don't really have a team 'leader' per say. Zeth does handle a lot of the gameplay ideas (I usually pitch in with my own twists as well, mostly from the practical viewpoint of a coder), so from the perspective of ZEQ2 being his brainchild, I guess you could say he steers the project. Smile

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hehe. As much I appreciate the sentiment from your gesture and Rio's comments, I cannot see myself being branded with the role of mod leader even in a lighter sense. What I created years ago as ZEQ is much MUCH different than what we have become now.

Rio's more or less spot on in his first statements. Our management structure is open-ended. Since we have such a small team, we pretty much understand and work well with each other under all circumstances When issues need to be sorted, we rely on feedback from anyone willing to input on the subject. Even in cases where we disagree on the approaches ENTIRELY, we manage to reach compromises that everyone is satisfied with.

All in good time, my friend. Smile

Abel View user's profile Send private message

my lloyd you guys are doing good , I almost came in my pants when I saw that Razz I must say though that I kynda saw it comming . And one thing how will you handel Vegetas "team" or what ewer cous he usualy didnt stay on one side for all that long

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Actually, indirectly speaking, it affects the gameplay a lot.

It set the rules of the game, which is cool and the max pl(I guess) and sort of attack.(Example; Vegeta doesnt have Final Flash in the Saiyan Saga, hehe)

[About]
This is like a major gameplay factor. It is one of the three componets used for game balance.

[Update Structure]
I expected the general populus to catch on quicker than this. Dates, people. Pay attention to dates. They've been encoded with all the information you need to have to predict our next steps Smile

[Media Section]
The progress forum IS the media section. I thought that connection would be made as well. Think about it. It contains a listing of threads with information and/or pictures. The media link was put up so some people would not get confused at the transition.

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote : This is like a major gameplay factor. It is one of the three componets used for game balance.

Yes... but... when I read topic "Gameplay Timelines"... It doesn't explain me how game will look... I know only that some character will be avaiable some not... but nothing more, nothing about "clean play" ( translator rulez Razz ) I like read things relate to game ( so media isn't most important ) but it must be... ehh hard to explain Razz

The progress forum IS the media section. I thought that connection would be made as well. Think about it. It contains a listing of threads with information and/or pictures. The media link was put up so some people would not get confused at the transition.

Yes, I have noticed this ( media=progress forum ). I'm fan of ZEQ2 so every post MUST contain something about media Smile(joke)

SuGokuZEQ2 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, March 10, 2006

Excellent timeline, I couldn't do better~! Very Happy

Especially that evil/good ratio is nice. I wonder how I can get that to 0/50 when Zeq2 is complete Razz .

0 / 2472