Content

Maybe a crazy suggestion

trotty Owns a Medal View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, March 10, 2006

I don't know, but is there any attack that is one hit KO like in the series when Frieza's death beam hit Vegeta directly in the heart and killed him?
I think it would be interesting if you add it.
You could make it that when it hits in your opponents leg it only does damage and at the heart it is fatal.
It follows the series doesn't it?
I hope it is possible (and that I'll get an answer Wink )

paulerxx View user's profile Send private message

*laughing out loud*, if there is like Super saiyan 3 vs frieza..than maybe that will happen...but than again I have no idea!! =O

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

I'm almost sure that it was ZEQ2 with hitboxes being mentioned, so I think that would be possible, but it depends if it would be practical.

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

I don't know, but is there any attack that is one hit KO like in the series when Frieza's death beam hit Vegeta directly in the heart and killed him?

There were several factors to that particular instance; mainly that Vegeta was completely off-guard for the attack. Something quite similar happened when Trunks was blasted by a shot from Perfect Cell after he returned. When characters are completely oblivious to whats about to happen and not even ready for a fight, they tend to let their guard down completely.

Sure, the power level difference was an important factor as well. Primarily, it was the readiness of the character though.

You could make it that when it hits in your opponents leg it only does damage and at the heart it is fatal.

Technically, Gohan did injure his arm versus Cell while sacrificing himself defenselessly for Vegeta. Several other applications of Piccolo losing a limb, or Yamcha getting his arm pretty much broken were also explored. The matter of it becoming a key feature in ZEQ2 (in the first release, at least) would be based on if the matter was consistent enough to be considered a 'common' enough event. That would be merely a matter of us more thoroughly researching it (or someone providing every single instance in the series when it occured -- with episode numbers / battle info).

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, March 11, 2006

Zeth that's true but giving people the time to aim for your head or heart could be considered as letting your guard down, don't you agree.

On the battle damage matter:

Blody noses or bloodcovered limbs depend on where and how you hit your opponent if you plan to implement bd at all trotty's idea is to be considered.

Zeth that's true but giving people the time to aim for your head or heart could be considered as letting your guard down, don't you agree.

In a realistic sense? Yes. In a DBZ sense? Not really at all. You have to take into account all sorts of factors like energy sensing. DBZ characters could have their back turned to an opponet and still manage to dodge attacks simply based on sensing it coming.

When DBZ characters had their guard down COMPLETELY, they basically were not even attempting to naturally sense energy, reflex block/evade, or take any tactical manuever in to account. Completely lowering guard mostly happened when the character was not in battle or the battle was presumed over. There are rare cases though when a character intentionally lowered their guard. Take, for instance, when Vegeta lowered his guard completely so Krillin could kill him (and thus be healed by Dende). In the midst of a battle, that beam would have done next to nothing even IF it somehow did hit Vegeta.

Blody noses or bloodcovered limbs depend on where and how you hit your opponent if you plan to implement bd at all trotty's idea is to be considered.

The only ideas we implement are those with enough series bearing and practical appliance. I believe my previous answer pretty much sums things up.

You're saying that blood rarely occured in dbz?
The funimation version maybe but. If you read the manga it's something akira toriyama depends on heavily to make his manga "cool", one example is to show the strength of ssj2 gohan, you litteraly see gohan beating the trash out of cell juniors with guts exploding out and all.

I'd say it's an fairly important part of dbz but I see it's not as important as the fighting experience itself allthough it adds to it.

about the sensing. I'm sure it's implemented as heard speak of it here and there. Why not make it so you also sense beams and kiblasts coming. Maybe that was the plan already but if it is you really are a witty buttocks if you manage to get hit by a beam unguarded. Why not get punished for it

You're saying that blood rarely occured in dbz?
The funimation version maybe but. If you read the manga it's something akira toriyama depends on heavily to make his manga "cool", one example is to show the strength of ssj2 gohan, you litteraly see gohan beating the trash out of cell juniors with guts exploding out and all.

I didn't say anything along those lines at all Razz

about the sensing. I'm sure it's implemented as heard speak of it here and there. Why not make it so you also sense beams and kiblasts coming. Maybe that was the plan already but if it is you really are a witty buttocks if you manage to get hit by a beam unguarded. Why not get punished for it

Again. Like the series to the fullest possible extent Wink

trotty Owns a Medal View user's profile Send private message

OK, it's are rare occasion when something like that happened on DBZ but as you unlock the characters saga after saga as the game is intended to be.
So you could make some of the weak characters ( Gohan, Krillin, Chaotzu..) from the Saiyan to Namek Saga only vulnerable to the death beam or desctructo disk because in those sagas they weren't that much strong.
But if you think it's a waste of time don't do it, it's only a suggestion anyway.

Zeth wrote :

Again. Like the series to the fullest possible extent Wink

Again I'm not trying to push, just having a fun little discussion, hence discussion forum.

Okay all this vagueness is hard to cope with, so you're saying my first idea is implemented but hitboxes are to farfetched and difficult to finish in any time. Not that you'll answer but do I assume right?

0 / 2472