Content

<<  1, 2

Referencer?

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, March 16, 2006

ok I thought so already though, still not only your opinion counts.

ZEQ2 isn't based on a majority system. If we ALL don't agree on something, none of us do.

I really don't see why the quality needs to be so high the references itself get stretched anyway when you input them in max

High quality reference shots are needed for various reasons. Various codecs/formats tend to blur frames, incorrectly interpolate them, and even ruin color data completely. This becomes obvious if we had asked a referencer to give us a frame by frame reference of a characters speed mêlée and he came back with 8 rather distorted 160x120 images instead of 26 or so seperately crisp ones. What if he returned with with a character skin with contrasting colors? Additionally, you have to take into account that TV rips and DVD decrypts will offer a varying amount of grain and embedded color changes.

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

I have to say one thing. The ammount of dedication, and attention to the slightest details that you guys have is absolutely extraordinary. I doubt that major game companies have that much of it.

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Hehe ^_^ It might sound crazy at first but the results will be good I assure you =] hehe and yeah, Budokai Tenkaichi lost in the test of accuracy ;D hehe Razz

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Super Vegetto wrote : Hehe ^_^ It might sound crazy at first but the results will be good I assure you =] hehe and yeah, Budokai Tenkaichi lost in the test of accuracy ;D hehe Razz

Well *I* believe gameplay is a lot more important.
If zeq2 will be 100% like the series and boring as heck, I think it would be wise to change a couple of things.

If zeq2 will be 100% like the series and boring as heck, I think it would be wise to change a couple of things.

Was the series boring to watch? No? Then why in heck do you think it would be boring to play Razz. Like I've said several times, you don't have enough information to judge ZEQ2. Our graphics improvements will be dwarfed considerably by our gameplay ones.

Zeth wrote :

Was the series boring to watch? No? Then why in heck do you think it would be boring to play Razz. Like I've said several times, you don't have enough information to judge ZEQ2. Our graphics improvements will be dwarfed considerably by our gameplay ones.

Its called interactivity.
The problem is, people eventually want something more then just Gohan VS Cell and try Buu VS Cell, but with your timeline, its improbable. Unless you turn of the timeline feature, but then character like Nappa are like not match to people like Buu.

And seeing balance is what makes the gameplay in multiplayer games, you'll have to think out of the box.(As in think further with the serie info)

Waiting for fanmade addons isn't really an argument, because you'll split the community, the one with special addon pack and the normal zeq2.

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

Devion wrote :

Zeth wrote :

Its called interactivity.
The problem is, people eventually want something more then just Gohan VS Cell and try Buu VS Cell, but with your timeline, its improbable. Unless you turn of the timeline feature, but then character like Nappa are like not match to people like Buu.

And seeing balance is what makes the gameplay in multiplayer games, you'll have to think out of the box.(As in think further with the serie info)

Waiting for fanmade addons isn't really an argument, because you'll split the community, the one with special addon pack and the normal zeq2.

Seriously Devion, I thought you were smarter Razz, you being around ZEQ2 all this time.
Stop thinking in "huge PL automatically pwns low PL"

Like what was said before, there are advantages at having a low PL, which will be shown some time in the future.
And by the way, I believe PL isn't gonna be shown in numbers in the game but in percentages. So a fight between Buu and Nappa could be a fight between a character with his PL at 50% and a char with his PL at 65%, it doesnt show what the max PL is in numbers, so if you leave the whole Huge versus Low PL out of it it will be a fight between equals, the only difference is that 1 char has raised his current PL 15% higher than the other.

Ofcourse I don't know if they changed it, but if I recall correctly that was how they were gonna do it one year ago.

Japieja wrote : Seriously Devion, I thought you were smarter Razz, you being around ZEQ2 all this time.
Stop thinking in "huge PL automatically pwns low PL"

Actually, the powerlevel was the indicator who was stronger and always won, with goku's spirit bomb excluded.

USSJ was stronger in PL, but still weaker due the slowdown. The problem is, these things are exceptions.

A good example of PL difference and fighting technique's. Piccolo was obviously a much better fighter then Nappa and the powerlevel difference wasnt that huge. Still Piccolo could barely scratch Nappa.

Japieja wrote : Like what was said before, there are advantages at having a low PL, which will be shown some time in the future.
And by the way, I believe PL isn't gonna be shown in numbers in the game but in percentages. So a fight between Buu and Nappa could be a fight between a character with his PL at 50% and a char with his PL at 65%, it doesnt show what the max PL is in numbers, so if you leave the whole Huge versus Low PL out of it it will be a fight between equals, the only difference is that 1 char has raised his current PL 15% higher than the other.

1 big problem, thats not the way the series handle it. Also a limited pl....., why not play BFP?

Japieja wrote : Ofcourse I don't know if they changed it, but if I recall correctly that was how they were gonna do it one year ago.

If there gonna do like the series, its gonna be absolute numbers.

Reply with quote Friday, March 17, 2006

Devion wrote :

Japieja wrote : Like what was said before, there are advantages at having a low PL, which will be shown some time in the future.

1 big problem, thats not the way the series handle it. Also a limited pl....., why not play BFP?

Japieja wrote : Ofcourse I don't know if they changed it, but if I recall correctly that was how they were gonna do it one year ago.

If there gonna do like the series, its gonna be absolute numbers.

First off, there is always a limited PL, you can't have infinite PL so that go play BFP comment is a intellectually lacking one......

Second, if you wanna do it like the show you have to know all PL, and you don't cause after the frieza saga msot PL are an estimate..
and if the PL would be like for example from 1 to 1000000, and you want to lower you're PL to lets say 10, you can't do that, cause the charaters in the series never lowered it that far..., thus you would also get restrictions in how low you wanna go..
So, id say percentages is the way to go

Azurite View user's profile Send private message

Actually, they lowered their PL a couple of times in the series to hide. I'm not sure, but I believe the PL they often chose was 5?

Well, maybe it was 5 but my point is... in the game you can choose you're own PL in some way or another, and that way you can choose some PL tht were never used in the series..
so that way it would also theoratically not be true to the show, and besides, percentages would also make the problems of the different saga-chars stick around..

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

Icarus don't be jealous but in the skill departement, lloyd handed me more then you. Look around.

So what are you saying zeth I need to make a trial or something? I'll gladly do but don't waste my time. One other important fact is I study medicine in belgium and I have near perfect anatomic knowledge.

Still not convinced. Then you all are less then I thought you were. My enthusiasm has been mistaken for arrogance too many times before.

Morpherex View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : Icarus don't be jealous but in the skill departement, lloyd handed me more then you. Look around.

So what are you saying zeth I need to make a trial or something? I'll gladly do but don't waste my time. One other important fact is I study medicine in belgium and I have near perfect anatomic knowledge.

Still not convinced. Then you all are less then I thought you were. My enthusiasm has been mistaken for arrogance too many times before.

You still have not proved it. Prove it, then talk. Either way this has highly went off topic, muhahahahahahah..

ZETH GET RID OF THESE AMAZING witty WORD CENSORINGS.

Why the heck is the sky so blue!? I was a little upset, but then like changed to hehe? Seriously.

my deviantacount is visible on my profile.
I like showed sprites I made in the free forum.
That's why I said look around.

edit:
this is a thread where I show my tien model I once did.
I'm not trying to take your spot blaize, I'm just showing you that I know my stuff.

http://www.esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56981

and if you think I'm a spy for esf, think again that community dislikes me even more then here I think. I don't know why, I guess I'm not a very likable guy.

zeq2 owns esf anyway in anyway (if released ofcourse)
but I have full confidence.

another thing I'm not questioning your abilities I'm questioning perfection. That's what the forum was all about I thought

Icarus don't be jealous but in the skill departement, lloyd handed me more then you. Look around.

To clarify, by definition this statement is arrogance.

Trial? Well. Do you meet all the other requirements? I had thought you mentioned you did not have high quality episodes. Your time is just as valuable as ours and anyone elses -- the impressions you make, however, are borderline cynical. Additionally, your knowledge of anatomy has no bearing on the situation.

Moreover of the qualities needed for this position are an implied optimistic, cooperative, and open minded nature. What logic is there in making such derogatory statements and expecting positive results? Generally most people want to be treated fairly as equals. Portray the attitudes you want returned, my friend. If that be the case in this situation then I think applying your own statement would fit justly as a rebuttal.

Enthusiasm is having great interest and excitement into doing something. While the latter may be present given your initial attitude, the former lacks by result of cessation if events don't fall into place. Think about it.

Zeth wrote : Generally most people want to be treated fairly as equals. Portray the attitudes you want returned, my friend.

my point exactly. I've not heard a single welcome back since I came here. I thought I used to see you as "friends". At least some of you.

And I didn't want to boast with my studies but I thought it might matter.

the time factor is that some of you really are challenging my patience. I didn't imply my time was more important. Again the internet takes it's toll

my point exactly. I've not heard a single welcome back since I came here. I thought I used to see you as "friends". At least some of you.

Your under a different alias and it seems your perspectives of some things have changed as well. Most of the project members are too busy trying to scrounge what little time they have into working on the actual project to individually greet older fans.

The forums are meant to be a friendly atmosphere that we can occasionally check up on and see what people as a whole generally think of certain things.

I don't recall seeing you around the IRC channel much either. A good chunk of our regulars are usually constantly idling around there.

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

I don't want to push your buttons, but why would having knowledge of anatomy help? You would be gathering screen captures and video clips for the team, not making models.
I don't see any point in arguing this any further because that's as far as I see this going.. an arguement.

Blaize ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

come on guy's.
use PM or IRC to discuss stuff like this.

As I did my share of refs in the past, I must agree with Zeth, vectorizing doesnt cut it, although you can be very close to the orginal. You will always miss a little detail here and there.

Also , what the heck happend to you attitude? Apparently you don't fit the requirements, so hugging mister Fuzzles obviously won't help.
Being better in something is no free ticket for arrogancy.

Furthermore there is a welcome topic in the free forum, so I suggest, if you already havent, say hi there. Razz

<<  1, 2

0 / 2472