Content

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Fatalitie

Zajac View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 04, 2006

But it will be hard to see if you're hurt when you got camera behind character Confused

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

But you can move your camera they will do that Very Happy

Zajac View user's profile Send private message

have goku turned cameta to see if he is hurt? hehe, and really, it could be witty when you have to turn camrea if you wanna se if you hurt... and by the way, buu and ceel havent got wounds Shocked

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Since ZEQ II will have a Power up system. That would meen that when you get weaker you can't power up that high, right?

Valgar View user's profile Send private message

I think that there's is no point to se te character from the front to see if he is hurt or no...
there is another ways to see
like the way that he moves, faint, the clothes...
you surely will perceive you moves getting weaker and small

and the power level maybe allow to you launch a last powerful attack with the rest of your energy
like the series indeed Very Happy

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Is it a good guess that Zeq2 might be like hyper dimension, in the sense that ki=life? That's how it was in the show, if I remember correctly.

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Let me get this straight, Mr Zeth Very Happy - you're saying that we will have to use our intuition to determine the health condition of our char? Now THAT'S REAL innovation in today's gaming Wink
You've just earned even more of my respect Very Happy

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

spyxter wrote : Let me get this straight, Mr Zeth Very Happy - you're saying that we will have to use our intuition to determine the health condition of our char? Now THAT'S REAL innovation in today's gaming Wink
You've just earned even more of my respect Very Happy

Innovation ? What was in Call of Duty 2, in Brothers in Arms ( there was only icon red or green, not health points )... but it must be well used in ZEQ2 to save good gameplay of course :>
For me it doesn't matter - I don't think about my life bar, HP or something in the battle...

tommety View user's profile Send private message

My guess is your character will just stand/fly idle differently, arms hanging, bent forward alittle etc. which increases the more damage you take, besides wounding that's really the only other thing you notice when someone is battered, I don't think I'd like to hear a constant panting, especially if the voices will be deep, might sound like them phone perverts who start the get aroused the more your character gets beaten up :p

Newfolder wrote :
Innovation ? What was in Call of Duty 2, in Brothers in Arms ( there was only icon red or green, not health points )... but it must be well used in ZEQ2 to save good gameplay of course :>
For me it doesn't matter - I don't think about my life bar, HP or something in the battle...

certainly
like Zeth has already said about the FLOATING LIFE BAR in dbz series... that makes me laugh a lot!

It would be better to fell the conditions of the character and not see hp bar and all that stuff

for dbz series I sugest to a hud
PL
ki radar when activating the sense for ki or scouter
ki (maybe... not sure)

only

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Actually Razz if you noticed, they never used the word 'ki' in the series Razz just a peice of info

It was refered as energy, however, it was never defined as numbers or something, all they said was something like: "darn, I'm low on energy" / "my energy is draining fast..."

In powerlevels though, it was stated as numbers. Smile

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Super Vegetto wrote : Actually Razz if you noticed, they never used the word 'ki' in the series Razz just a peice of info

It was refered as energy, however, it was never defined as numbers or something, all they said was something like: "darn, I'm low on energy" / "my energy is draining fast..."

In powerlevels though, it was stated as numbers. Smile

I Believe in you for sure Very Happy
I never see the japanese and english versions
only the Brazilian =) and in this one, they use the word ki/chi

Goku:Posso sentir o chi do inimigo, é muito poderoso! (I can sense the ki(or energy) of the enemy, it's too powerful!

I looking for this ones in the internet but just find some real media with low quality...

and you right, never see numbers about the energy, just power level and ONLY with the scoutter Very Happy
so this means that characters that does not have the scoutter can't see the exact power lever of the enemy in determinated moment of the fight,
but... can sense the intensity of the energy of the enemy =)?

SSJ50000 View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :

There were some scenes that were pretty bloody...

Not in the English version -- which ZEQ2 is primarily based.

The english version had every single scene the original had(so was no less bloody), if you're watching the uncut version(which I heard was the last one to play on CN) that is. Razz And, since it's all the same scenes and story(except bad dub lines like the nonsense of Goku's dad being a scientist in the old dub), does it being English/Japanese really affect anything besides voices(which I heard are planned to be in both English and Japanese)?

Zeth wrote : Life bar? Of course. I think it's safe to say we ALL remember the giant floating bar on the side of the screen throughout the series, right? Rolling Eyes

*laughing out loud* So how will we know what shape we're in? Have you developed a way for us to actually feel our character's pain?! Wow, we'll have to be careful not to get too badly beaten... I bet we'd all dislike the pain of broken limbs and such. Razz

And I guess you're even wanting to make it so their life and ki are about the same thing like in the series? Since ki is what keeps 'em going it'd decrease when dying(like when Freeza was cut in half and on the verge of dying until Goku gave him some of his ki), and one could kill themself using it all up(like the potential suicide the kikoho could cause if too much were put in it) ect. The way it's "Charge ki up, use it up, charge it, use it up, repeat" in many games always felt a bit off...

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

SSJ50000 wrote : And I guess you're even wanting to make it so their life and ki are about the same thing like in the series? Since ki is what keeps 'em going it'd decrease when dying(like when Freeza was cut in half and on the verge of dying until Goku gave him some of his ki), and one could kill themself using it all up(like the potential suicide the kikoho could cause if too much were put in it) ect. The way it's "Charge ki up, use it up, charge it, use it up, repeat" in many games always felt a bit off...

Super Vegetto wrote : Actually Razz if you noticed, they never used the word 'ki' in the series Razz just a peice of info

Icarus wrote :

SSJ50000 wrote : And I guess you're even wanting to make it so their life and ki are about the same thing like in the series? Since ki is what keeps 'em going it'd decrease when dying(like when Freeza was cut in half and on the verge of dying until Goku gave him some of his ki), and one could kill themself using it all up(like the potential suicide the kikoho could cause if too much were put in it) ect. The way it's "Charge ki up, use it up, charge it, use it up, repeat" in many games always felt a bit off...

And what was the point of that? That doesn't relate to what I said. I know in the dub they'd call it some trash like "spiritual energy" or whatever since they were scared of staying true to what it should be on tv alone(they always said "ki" like they should in every other english thing like the games, manga ect).
So I'm sure it's easy to understand that paragraph, except for very ignorant ones. Razz

dale_22x View user's profile Send private message

I think he's pointing out that ki/chi/spriritual energy (which is all the same love puppy thing! people) isn't messured by any sort of finite number....

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Interesting how Piccolo could charge a special beam cannon to a stronger PL then himself and on about on par with Raditz Razz One wonders where he gathered the energy from, regenerating the energy back into his body whilst charging the attack, and feeding the regenerated energy to the attack perhaps?

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

And what was the point of that? That doesn't relate to what I said. I know in the dub they'd call it some trash like "spiritual energy" or whatever since they were scared of staying true to what it should be on tv alone(they always said "ki" like they should in every other english thing like the games, manga ect).
So I'm sure it's easy to understand that paragraph, except for very ignorant ones. Razz

Judging the english series negatively is judging ZEQ2 negatively. They are one entity. Hehe. Think about that. Wink

MDave wrote : Interesting how Piccolo could charge a special beam cannon to a stronger PL then himself and on about on par with Raditz Razz One wonders where he gathered the energy from, regenerating the energy back into his body whilst charging the attack, and feeding the regenerated energy to the attack perhaps?

As explained Piccolo focused much ki/energy/whateveryouwannacallit into that one point, thus why it was so strong and took a lot out of him(he said he wouldn't be able to do it a third time). So the question is, when in such a situation, will we have to be like the series(as in in a situation where you'll either need to rest, or if you didn't succeed you've just left yourself vulnerable(like when Goku used what ki/energy/whateva he could still muster to shoot Vegeta in the face and couldn't even move afterwards)), or will it simply be "shoot and if you miss recharge real fast and shoot and miss again and repeat as much as you want all day". Razz

Zeth wrote :

Judging the english series negatively is judging ZEQ2 negatively. They are one entity. Hehe. Think about that. Wink

And like I said before, what difference is there aside from voices(and occasional mess ups in the meaning of lines like the old "Goku's dad was scientist" nonsense)? And which english version might you be refering to(there are quite a few more than just one dub out there you know Razz )?

Razma View user's profile Send private message

Ah now that we discuss the english dub and that zeq will use it.Will radditz be faster than the light? Shocked

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

We'll be baseing the game from the uncut dub, where funimation also re-dubbed the eps they didn't do in the beginning of the series. I think they fixed that goku's 'dad is a scientist' thing, not sure (don't have the uncut eps on tv over here yet in the UK, I think) Don't forget we'll be including the japanese voices as an option ;P

Reply with quote Thursday, April 06, 2006

SSJ50000 wrote :

MDave wrote : Interesting how Piccolo could charge a special beam cannon to a stronger PL then himself and on about on par with Raditz Razz One wonders where he gathered the energy from, regenerating the energy back into his body whilst charging the attack, and feeding the regenerated energy to the attack perhaps?

As explained Piccolo focused much ki/energy/whateveryouwannacallit into that one point, thus why it was so strong and took a lot out of him(he said he wouldn't be able to do it a third time). So the question is, when in such a situation, will we have to be like the series(as in in a situation where you'll either need to rest, or if you didn't succeed you've just left yourself vulnerable(like when Goku used what ki/energy/whateva he could still muster to shoot Vegeta in the face and couldn't even move afterwards)), or will it simply be "shoot and if you miss recharge real fast and shoot and miss again and repeat as much as you want all day". Razz

so it cames
energy/chi/ki
and
phisical stamina

piccolo get tired after the special beam cannom
he just spend lots of ki doing that, so he rest a while gaining some ki enough to do another one, but gets more tired physically than before Razz
surelly there will be the need to rest or hide or let the guard down when this happens... I think that is the way of the series

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Although I don't want to say too much, a couple comments (on both discussions) have been made in this thread that are incredibly correct to the series -- as a result are similar to ZEQ2's handling.

Good to see the community perspective broadening to adapt to innovative concepts. Smile

Dan the Rebirth View user's profile Send private message

hmm if you use japanse voices too, PLEASE also add an option for (correct traslated) subtitles^^
and about the life bar thing why you don't use a rumble to simulate the heard beat, imean a Gamepad with rumbel isn't so expensive today?

Dan the Rebirth wrote : hmm if you use japanse voices too, PLEASE also add an option for (correct traslated) subtitles^^
and about the life bar thing why you don't use a rumble to simulate the heard beat, imean a Gamepad with rumbel isn't so expensive today?

I think that heartbeat it's relative...
in adroid saga, vegeta says something about goku's heart disease, when goku transforms in a supersayan the metabolism get faster... so the heart beat faster and because that, the disease spread faster too
that whys goku lose the fight and looked weak!

but you say just to simulate heart beats for fun or for feel the characters situation like, near death?
(particularly no need for this an neither subtitles)

EDIT: (Independent of the disease and life bar, no need for life bar justo to coment, just something that I want know)

supersayans spend lots of energy to keep the supersayan form, geting tired faster in a fight Very Happy

if put piccolo and a supersayan in a fight with the same power level piccolo surelly have the advantage he don't need to spend energy to mantain a form...

am I right?

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

0 / 2472