Content

G-day - a few stuffs to see if your interested

GokuSSJ Guest

Reply with quote Monday, April 17, 2006

Hello just decided to join this community to return the favor of a buddy of mine from here like I promised Wink
You will know more about me soon enough so just let’s skip the intro for now and let’s get back to the presents…

After re seeing the Freeza saga I couldn’t resist it to re model/skin him)
Ink and paint stuff: (I'm not that good at this kind of stuff)

no ink&paint:

And a huge one:

Meh and I’m currently working at this level, I know most of you already seen it or even play it ( the old version)

Let me know if you find something wrong with what I shoewed you and I will make sure to fix it

Cheers

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Not bad at all, though there's something about his shoulders which just looks unnatural and wrong, can't quite put my finger on it, though.

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Ooo I love the icy blue sky horizon background on the first render of Goku. Definently a keeper. Your Goku is looking up as well. Got a side/perspective of him?

As for your Roshi map, it's always as spick and span as ever Smile. Good luck when you start to tackle the staircase and upstairs relations if you haven't already Wink.

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

OH MY GOODNESS Shocked AMAZING GOOD WORK MAN ,Zeth this guy must be in your TEAM I mean look at he's maps and models Neutral

Forza View user's profile Send private message

Sugar & Cocaine wrote : OH MY GOODNESS Shocked AMAZING GOOD WORK MAN ,Zeth this guy must be in your TEAM I mean look at he's maps and models Neutral

As you could see when you opened the pictures, this guy works for another mod already: DBZ Hood.

Either way:

Does Goku really have no hips and such a small waist?

RiO View user's profile Send private message

Forza wrote : Does Goku really have no hips and such a small waist?

He doesn't. It's exactly what is bothering me about the model as well. Otherwise it looks pretty solid.

essentara View user's profile Send private message

I think the belt (sache ?) needs to be moved up the body a bit, it seems to far down. maybe that would resolve the wierd lack of hips issue.

GokuSSJ Guest

@ Zeth –

A side picture:

Thanks but I think you already know that I decorate the up stair place as well some time ago. If you don’t then let the pic speaks for itself:
http://gokussj.dbzhood.com/pics/kamehouse00004.jpg

@ RIO –

It seams like you guys don’t know to many about the Freeza saga Goku. But I can’t blame you, not even I knew about it…. Check out the pic:

Regarding the shoulders first time I made them stronger but after comparing more pictures I realized that they are not so strong like the ones from Buu saga. I made them smaller to look good from the back as well

Just take a look at the freeza saga Goku and then correct me if I’m wrong

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

You are underestimating other people's eye for details and for accuracy that you might have missed Razz especialy Zeth's eye for those things XD.
Some guys here know even more then just Frieza saga Goku, just listen to crits Wink they can really help out.

By your refs, the waist is too thin, belt is too thick plus it should be raised a little.

I'll try and make a drawover for you according to those refs you posted.

EDIT:
Here we go:

couldnt match it perfectly to the perspective shot but it's easy to see the proportions issues.

EDIT:
And a side view:

Gonna post matching front and side views tomorrow ;'O

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 18, 2006

There's one big thing I'm sure GokuSSJ has realized. Goku in the Namek Saga is just plain chubby. He's wider than typical and puffier in the stomach region. I'm sure GokuSSJ has also used far more refs than just the few he showed. It's off to the right foot in a great direction for a Namek Goku model Smile.

The problem with the waist region that most people see was probably a mis-calculated call of judgement. I imagine that the GI torso was modeled to reflect the hang that occurs over the belt (thus making it look about half-size). After that was applied, it seems as though the original belt size was used without regard to the planned overhang specs. At least that's my theory. This results in a slightly larger upper waist line whereas it probably was designed to compensate for fold push.

SV's drawover is pretty dern neat (man, you must love your new tablet Very Happy) and has some good applicational use. As we all know though, basing a character only on one particular ref or small set of refs in a single episode is foolhardy. FOV, angle, and lack of distinct depth perception can be quite tricky aspects that have to be taken into regard when judging shapes and proportions. Additionally everyone knows that wind, battle length, travel, and general fatigue play roles in hair/clothing position and ruffle-ness.

Here's a simple mockup comparison between the ref's posted and the almost front position as well as some extra refs I hope will help out in determining your perspective average Wink.

Goku.jpg

Goku.jpg

compareSide.jpg

compareSide.jpg

comparison.jpg

comparison.jpg

BreakDance.zip

Of course everyone remembers this gem.

NamekSagaGoku.zip

Additional references.

GokuSSJ Guest

ok I will see what I can do, good that I didn't started to rige him

thanks for the refs man also for the draw over, still I'm using only refs from the show and the picture you draw over is from a top left front angle not front
I didn't posted no front picture but in this case I will make a exception

stay 2nd

dale_22x View user's profile Send private message

you know... hahaha...I feel silly...

haha... I've never accually checked out your site before..all I knew is that you where a mod and assumed it was for HL2....

but haha...=_= I always thought that...dbzhood...meant like.... da hood....and you guys where just trying to make it sound "gangster"......

..oh my... =( didn't ever think it would stand for somehting.....

then I kept seeing the phrase "heroes of our destiny" every where and I was wondering why......

then... I thought maybe.... ..and sure enoguh... =O the first letters of those 4 words make up ...HOOD...

:S

now das gangsta!

Adas View user's profile Send private message

dale_22x wrote : you know... hahaha...I feel silly...

haha... I've never accually checked out your site before..all I knew is that you where a mod and assumed it was for HL2....

but haha...=_= I always thought that...dbzhood...meant like.... da hood....and you guys where just trying to make it sound "gangster"......

..oh my... =( didn't ever think it would stand for somehting.....

then I kept seeing the phrase "heroes of our destiny" every where and I was wondering why......

then... I thought maybe.... ..and sure enoguh... =O the first letters of those 4 words make up ...HOOD...

:S

now das gangsta!

*laughing out loud*?

anyway good going gokussj Smile just make the skin lines a bit darker and a bit more sharpen, this will end up with a good result Smile and scale the weist a bit Smile. and if you need help with rendering ink and paint, just grab the material I left D2, or ask Andrei. It has nice anti aliased lines, and some other cool settings so your model will lookk better , and you can also try to do smthing like this , it will render your skin with a cool skin tone, if you are using 1 material for the whole model just assing the material only to the body parts Smile look :

help.jpg

help.jpg

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

O and Goku try to update DBZHOOD page with new models new maps or videos or something...it has past 4 months we need UPDATESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

Sugar & Cocaine wrote : O and Goku try to update DBZHOOD page with new models new maps or videos or something...it has past 4 months we need UPDATESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Hey man, he gets hassle enough at his own forums, don't hassle the man here aswell. Like any mod, they'll update when they update. If you would have payed any attention to the subject matter of this thread, you'd know GokuSSJ is obviously hard at work on DBZHood.. Confused

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

damn... I've never noticed that Goku was soooo chubby during the freeza saga Laughing

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 19, 2006

GokuSSJ, I don't know if you know or not, but. Your site and it's forums appear to be down, or it's just me *laughing out loud*.. Can anyone else access this page?? http://www.dbzhood.com/forums

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I can acces the site. Not the forum.
Strange, worked fine yesterday.

GokuSSJ Guest

Reply with quote Saturday, April 22, 2006

@ Adas – thanks for the help man, but why not to ask you Wink

Well this will sound off topic but yes we have some problems with our PHP server. We had this problem by many times due to our host. Now is back online.

anyway the update like I promised:

The model rige creates me some trouble with the shoulders when the hands are up (the hardest part), need to remake it again for the 3rd time. I think I need to make more cuts. Anyway this is a wip rige, the fingers are not even linked

Crits welcomed, Stay 2nd

dale_22x View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, April 22, 2006

it's getting better

give a wire of the shoulder.... and anywhere else it messes up

GokuSSJ Guest

Reply with quote Friday, May 12, 2006

Yep some times we have some problems with our PHP host. Most of the time the host drops coz of the site trafic. We are tired of e-mailling them ...

to go on topic

I think you guys already tracked this guy out over the Heroes Of Our Destiny community, if you didn’t then check the pics:

Credits to Super Veggeto for the face draw over

And yeah I bring ya android 18 unriged, but I think you already saw it if not then:

Hair a bit more real on opacity style

Regarding Android 18 going to start to rige her tomorrow so let me know if you find something wrong with it.

Later

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, May 12, 2006

Hair from the side looks strange..
Sorry I can't explain better than that.

0 / 2472