Content

What Happened to SOS?

Goku Eternal View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 04, 2006

Anybody know what happened to S.O.S? I've tried going to the homepage. But it's not there anymore...

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

S.O.S.?????? what is that another DBZ mode?

S.O.S=Saviour of Strength. Yes it's another dbz mod. But I know Zeth and some other people know the guys over there at S.O.S quite well.

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

There's already been threads about this. If you went to the old SoS forums, hosted on planetquake, you'd also see what's happening.

The hosting and domain expired and were unable to be renewed, so Morpherex has very kindly set up hosting for them on a new domain. The forums and site need to be set up again on the new host, though, so it might be a while until that's back up, but the forums on PQ are open to the public again.

As for the actual happenings with the mod, Sputterfish has been busy merging both UniSol's and Nightz' codebases and is now waiting for the media content to get a team build ready. Apparently he's hoping to have that done in a week or so, depending on when he gets the media. All this info is available on the PQ hosted forums Smile

Alright, thanks man. I appreciate it.

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Am I the only one who thinks that asking about another mod in one's forum is quite impolite? Very Happy
[am I being a little bit too politically-correct???] Laughing

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

The hosting and domain expired and were unable to be renewed, so Morpherex has very kindly set up hosting for them on a new domain. The forums and site need to be set up again on the new host, though, so it might be a while until that's back up, but the forums on PQ are open to the public again.

I have the old site (a W3C semantic version) backed up that I could re-setup for them and them all. Not sure how well it'll conform to the system you coded though, ALX.

Am I the only one who thinks that asking about another mod in one's forum is quite impolite? Very Happy
[am I being a little bit too politically-correct???] :*laughing out loud*:

Our communities are inter-twined. SOS is pretty much our big brother as it has inspired us in the early days of the project development. It's perfectly fine to talk about any project of any sorts, we're in competition with no concept except the series directly.

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

I expect it would work fine, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. It's not really too restrictive as far as the layout goes. I'll need to fix it up into templates, though if it's used. I'd say talk to showster.

Michel View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, May 05, 2006

Zeth wrote : Our communities are inter-twined. SOS is pretty much our big brother as it has inspired us in the early days of the project development. It's perfectly fine to talk about any project of any sorts, we're in competition with no concept except the series directly.

Mmm... seems to be a bit harse to ask, but why not cooperate in developing a dbz game? Now that I am thinking about it: why not cooperate with NND too? Would love to see such a game...

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Yeah. Good question. Bet Sputterfish, Showster, Ned, [put the rest of the team here. (to much to type Razz)] could help a lot. And SOS is being developed for like... 3 years already. Bet there fans could wait a little longer. Razz

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Lets just say... we've been down that road before.

Is that that big dark cloud in ZEQ II history my fiend told me about? Razz
Didn't take it serious since he is always full of sh*t. Laughing

But I hope SOS shows something new soon. Wink

RiO View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 06, 2006

Super Snake wrote : Is that that big dark cloud in ZEQ II history my fiend told me about? Razz
Didn't take it serious since he is always full of sh*t. :*laughing out loud*:

But I hope SOS shows something new soon. Wink

Nah. It isn't that big dark cloud. That was something different, and we've decided not to talk about that anymore, so please don't ask. Smile

What Zeth is referring to is the fact that eventually we ended up at a 'you do your thing, we'll do our thing, but we may cooperate with exchanging code snippits.'
We did do that on multiple occasions as well, by the way.
as far as I know I donated a bit on bendy beams (Was it bendy beams? I think so...) to NND and among other things, we got our quadratic spline tracing projectile trajectories back from them. (And I believe I later gave NND back a more refined version of those, but I might be mistaken. Too long ago to vividly recall.)

Reply with quote Saturday, May 06, 2006

Cool. Nice to know that if some mod gets in a dip. The other one can always help them out. ^_^
Then maybe SOS isn't as lost as I thought. ;P

0 / 2472