Content

A song for all!

essentara View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 24, 2006

I just realized I have crappy topic Titles...

Annyways, I have ventured into musical territory! I took up the guitar 5-6 months ago and I produced this song with my brother on his computer at hoome!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=429582
You can either dl the Mp3, or just stream it. Im that nice Razz

Mike Reynolds View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 24, 2006

Well, its a little over powered, needs to be remixed, obvioulsy not very well balaneced, TOO LOUD, I realize its supposed to be loud, and I LIKE loud msic, but this is WAY OVERPOWERED, remix it, other than that, its fine, OH and check out my stuff at freewebs.com/redefenition/
Then go to msuic ans listen, if you have a myspace, become our friend,

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 06, 2006

Doh, dunno how I missed this thread.

Quite nice stuff, man! Not at all too heavy actually in regard under the genre you classified it (metal). Very balanced in all aspects. Great harmonics especially considering it's genre.

The intro was my personal favorite element. It really creates that dark ethereal mood and along with the slurred triplets (slides on guitar) you get a heavy sense of an atmosphere being projected. Suitable ANY day in a RPG/Survival/Investigative game under many conditions. Bravo! You could easily create a lighter genre out of the intro alone (which I would reccomend you give a shot just to see the turnout).

Although the key/style change at 0:38 is pretty common for metal tracks, I never was much of a fan for minor melodies played in a such a grungy way. Regardless, you clearly pulled this off SPLENDIDLY for a text-book approach. This section highlights the main "chorus", if you will, of the track as it's used again at 1:43 after a few verses of various common sequences (like the question & feedback section at 1:04) and then later at 2:15 with some splotched variations toward the end.

I'll refrain from doing a full song breakdown for now, but I do believe you handled the style you were going for pretty well. Excellent setup on your instrument pallete, which was pretty well fit with things like distortion guitars and heavier percussion (in the inner pieces). However, in the end, it's FAR too light to be considering it's "heavy" metal label.

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 06, 2006

What can I say.. I love it. Someone could make a great DBZ music video out of that!

0 / 2472