Content

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Scene Filters

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Adas wrote : its a render from max right? if all those effects and lighting are made with max, so it means that you still gotta implement it to quake 3 right?. couse making a render with max is easy , the other part is the ingame development ^^. im just courious... Twisted Evil and I noticed that this render is a bit photoshoped I think... if you are truly using ink & paint you just can't get those white parts on his GI. I Believe that you placed a single omni in front of him, but still ink & paint won't give you 3 colored map. I mean there is no way that the white parts are generated with max

Hehe ^^ Nataku...
We arent using the standart rendering methods you may think we do.

frsrblch View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 10, 2006

And this is going to be animated... in-game... while you're playing?! Holy doodle!

We aren't your mom and pop DBZ mod, friend.

No, you certainly aren't.

Adas View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 11, 2006

Zeth wrote :

its a render from max right? if all those effects and lighting are made with max, so it means that you still gotta implement it to quake 3 right?.

Incorrect. Q3 is already fully capable of screen passes via shaders. The effect is already in-development ingame as the history suggests.

couse making a render with max is easy , the other part is the ingame development ^^. im just courious...

As it's been mentioned, making a render with max with the effects we use INGAME is incredibly difficult to do given the advanced nature of our enhancements. This is why you'd notice a quality degrade on our cel-shadows, outlines, and scene filters when viewing the renders. Users will see significant improvements in the in-map versions.

Twisted Evil and I noticed that this render is a bit photoshoped I think... if you are truly using ink & paint you just can't get those white parts on his GI.

Nobody said anything about using ink & paint. Where are you getting these ideas from ? Hehe. We aren't your mom and pop DBZ mod, friend. We have our own proprietary methods.

I Believe that you placed a single omni in front of him, but still ink & paint won't give you 3 colored map. I mean there is no way that the white parts are generated with max

Like I said, nobody said it was generated Wink.

^_^,that complicated style of language you're using...Very Happy. But that s not the point. IF you didn't used ink& paint so what did you used? If you didn't used 3D studio max so what did you used? If you didn't used omni lights so what lights did you used? And I asked about the Ink & Paint couse that s the standart of max and SV or Blaize told the once that they are using it all the time. SO your either uninformed about the methods thei are using ,or your lying, or your making a fool out of me . no offence zethiii : ]

And SV ^_^ what is that super duper rendering method your using Very Happy, its a max renderer capable of rendering 3 colored map samples ? : D im mega courious, Im just asking couse when you are showing a pic you should atleast tell the software you used, and the methods you used as well. Couse no way it was Ink& Paint. If you won't anwser I will claim that the image is photoshoped and you are trying to fool peoples Sad zeth you said that its not generated , so your telling me its photoshoped?

HaLLiS View user's profile Send private message

This is proof , zeq2 will be the best dbz game on the planet

N-J ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Adas wrote :
^_^,that complicated style of language you're using...Very Happy. But that s not the point. IF you didn't used ink& paint so what did you used? If you didn't used 3D studio max so what did you used? If you didn't used omni lights so what lights did you used? And I asked about the Ink & Paint couse that s the standart of max and SV or Blaize told the once that they are using it all the time. SO your either uninformed about the methods thei are using ,or your lying, or your making a fool out of me . no offence zethiii : ]

And SV ^_^ what is that super duper rendering method your using Very Happy, its a max renderer capable of rendering 3 colored map samples ? : D im mega courious, Im just asking couse when you are showing a pic you should atleast tell the software you used, and the methods you used as well. Couse no way it was Ink& Paint. If you won't anwser I will claim that the image is photoshoped and you are trying to fool peoples Sad zeth you said that its not generated , so your telling me its photoshoped?

I don't think you still quite get it yet, those screens represent methods that will be seen INGAME...it's not about how we produced them or what we used but about the actual scene filtering that is going to get implemented in the engine.
So if you really you want to know how it will be done you could try pming RiO after it got implemented and ask politly for the source code and see whether he gives it or not.

N-J wrote :

Adas wrote :

I don't think you still quite get it yet, those screens represent methods that will be seen INGAME...it's not about how we produced them or what we used but about the actual scene filtering that is going to get implemented in the engine.

Exactly what N-J said.

yeah but im not asking about how it's going to look ingame, , im asking about those specyfic current pics ZEth posted , all I want to know if they are photoshoped or not.And why SV mentioned smthing about an super rendering method, im asking about the pic, not about the in game stuff. COuse that pic is not an ingame stuff , its an thing rendered with max, and my question is crystal clear Very Happy Are those shadows and white stuff over goku photoshoped or not Very Happy. that s really all I want to know. Very Happy Rolling Eyes im sorry if im asking for too much

zane View user's profile Send private message

oO That is cell shader oO and not photoshoped or something.

Alexander View user's profile Send private message

Adas wrote : yeah but im not asking about how it's going to look ingame, , im asking about those specyfic current pics ZEth posted , all I want to know if they are photoshoped or not.And why SV mentioned smthing about an super rendering method, im asking about the pic, not about the in game stuff. COuse that pic is not an ingame stuff , its an thing rendered with max, and my question is crystal clear Very Happy Are those shadows and white stuff over goku photoshoped or not Very Happy. that s really all I want to know. Very Happy Rolling Eyes im sorry if im asking for too much

As far as I can tell what zeth posted is a render of what the team hopes to achieve.
No one stated what rendering methods were used to produce them.
I am certainly not fooled because no one ever said the pics that were posted were ingame shots. They are concepts.
Therefore whether it was produced in photoshop or max is irrelevant unless you personally intend to produce similar renders.

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Adas. You act as though such technologies are improbable. Similar bloom effects themselves have long since been in use in many games. We're using a unique scene-based low-impact screening process for our effect. That sentence in itself already tells you more than we'd have to normally. If we just hand people our techniques on a silver platter, they'll simply reproduce them on the fly without effort.

with.jpg

with.jpg
A game with similar effects.

without.jpg

without.jpg
A game with similar effects off.

OH MY GOODNESS zeth I trust you and I Believe you xD but I mean smthing really diferent xD Im not asking about the in game look of it, xD im not asking you to tell me how to do such scene fading. Im asking about that goku pic, the shadows on him, they are just 2 PERFECT, no way just no way you can make them so perfectly , prove me im wrong.
And sv told me once that they are using ink&Paint and omni lighting to cell shade the characters, but there is just no way you can have such effects on his gi with ink & paint and omni lighting. AND IM NOT!! asking about the scene fading thingy, just about the cell shadows on his GI. those parts I circeled are photoshoped for me...

look2.jpg

look2.jpg

N-J ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

OH MY GOODNESS...you still don't get it, your brain still doesn't want to accept it Adas does it...Seriously, most of the team replied specially for you but you just keep ignoring it...now I'll repeat it for the last time or I'll start pming moderators to remove your posts...

Those screens SHOW you how the scene filtering will LOOK INGAME...if you still don't get it or think how certain stuff is not possible than don't post at all please, since all I'm getting now is that you're saying that zeq2 lies to the public.

im not asking you to tell me how to do such scene fading

Who the heck said anything about scene fading Razz?

As far as the lighting techniques go, I believe my previous comment applies to them as well. Wink

If we just hand people our techniques on a silver platter, they'll simply reproduce them on the fly without effort.

We're already being quite leniant with you, Adas. Please acknowledge and appreciate this gesture. Wink

[*] Arguing with, slandering, accusing, or debating a project aid or project team member's words/actions in any manner can result in swift negative effects concerning your site/forum membership and privileges.

Ok...Adas...if you think that kind of shading is improbable to achive, you've got a lot to learn.
Keep reading the posts over an over untill it gets inside.

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Adas wrote : Im asking about that goku pic, the shadows on him, they are just 2 PERFECT, no way just no way you can make them so perfectly , prove me im wrong.

What are you talking about, 'no way you can make them so perfectly'? I have no idea how they're doing it in Zeq2, but it's not exactly hard once you work out the lighting equations, especially if you use fragment shaders. Suffice to say it's probably easier to achieve this effect codewise in an OpenGL based program than using 3DSMax's materials and renderer.

Padreko View user's profile Send private message

You guys are loving amazing.... I cannot wait to play this game...

paulerxx View user's profile Send private message

-claps- amazing work

N-J wrote : OH MY GOODNESS...you still don't get it, your brain still doesn't want to accept it Adas does it...Seriously, most of the team replied specially for you but you just keep ignoring it...now I'll repeat it for the last time or I'll start pming moderators to remove your posts...

Those screens SHOW you how the scene filtering will LOOK INGAME...if you still don't get it or think how certain stuff is not possible than don't post at all please, since all I'm getting now is that you're saying that zeq2 lies to the public.

NJ

Your the one that keeps forgting that im not typing about the scene filters, im talking only about the cell shadows on goku's GI, Showing your work on a public forum gives anyone a right to reply Very Happy. So think twice when you will start deleting other peoples post's couse you find them confusing for yourself.

SV- Maybe I need to learn more, but I m sure that achiving those shadows in those places is imposible and you just can't prove me that im wrong Very Happy I don't wanna argue , I won't post more ^^ I will just keep watching. But the funiest thing is that I never typed about the screen Filters, only about those shadows on his GI, And your replys where telling about the filters but I never really asked about them xD. Strange eint it. I where asking about strange cell shadows , and I where reciving replys about Scrren fading. But you still think that the blame is mine Razz
Sorry I won't post more Very Happy, in this topic Wink

Alexander View user's profile Send private message

Ink and paint max render

Scene Filter Concept.
Rendering technique not disclosed.

Try not to get the two confused. Two totally different ideas that the team are trying to get across.

As it's been mentioned, making a render with max with the effects we use INGAME is incredibly difficult to do given the advanced nature of our enhancements. This is why you'd notice a quality degrade on our cel-shadows, outlines, and scene filters when viewing the renders. Users will see significant improvements in the in-map versions.

and

Nobody said anything about using ink & paint. Where are you getting these ideas from ? Hehe. We aren't your mom and pop DBZ mod, friend. We have our own proprietary methods.

In other words what they are aiming for cannot be rendered in 3dsmax and are therefore forced to use other methods to show what they would like to achieve. Whether or not max is used entirely does not matter because ...

making a render with max with the effects we use INGAME is incredibly difficult to do given the advanced nature of our enhancements.

So you must have faith in the team that they can achieve their goals.
They do not wish to disclose their rendering techniques for those screen filter concepts but you seem to be pushing the team towards full disclosure which they do not want to for whatever reasons.
Photoshop may or may not have been used. It does not matter unless the team claimed it was max renders or ingame shots which they did not according to my recollection.

If this cannot get through to you then I f**king give the f*** up.

Your the one that keeps forgting that im not typing about the scene filters, im talking only about the cell shadows on goku'say GI, Showing your work on a public forum gives anyone a right to reply Very Happy. So think twice when you will start deleting other peoples post'say couse you find them confusing for yourself.

Yet you forget one thing. This isn't just any public forum. It's our forum. You are expected to adhere to the guidelines posted in each board. Failure to do so could result in severe humiliation Razz.

SV- Maybe I need to learn more, but I m sure that achiving those shadows in those places is imposible and you just can't prove me that im wrong Very Happy

That's a perfect attitude to take if you're content with yourself. As even Alex, a non-team member, clearly explained you don't really seem to know the capabilities of the engine, shaders, and mapping techniques. It's one thing to admit you don't understand how it's done. It's another to say that because you don't understand it, it must not be possible.

Man1 : I have invented the rocket engine!
Man2 : How does it work?
Man1 : It uses combustable fuel with firing pistons!
Man2 : I don't understand. It must not possible. Liar.

But the funiest thing is that I never typed about the screen Filters, only about those shadows on his GI, And your replys where telling about the filters but I never really asked about them xD

Alex and I both clearly answered your questions about the lighting positions.

HaLLiS View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, May 12, 2006

I fully understand wats going on here,

Oh and Adas I really like you're avatar Very Happy

LegendarySaiyan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, May 12, 2006

thats one nice goku with kaioken Very Happy keep up (we love them)

can I use your guys (Zeq2) character artworks to make s sig to myself? (will credit for ya people) Very Happy

Off-Topic:
Could a admin change my username from SasukeU to LegendarySaiyan

CYN View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 13, 2006

I need to go to the bathroom and wipe the splooge off my leg. That is one sexy picture.

SuGokuZEQ2 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 13, 2006

That's awesome! Very Happy
When I see those pictures, it reminds me when I saw Goku using Kao-ken in DBZ for the first time.

Reply with quote Sunday, May 14, 2006

can I use your guys (Zeq2) character artworks to make s sig to myself? (will credit for ya people) Very Happy

Of course. Why do you think we use white backgrounds? Hehe. That's what they are there for Wink.

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

0 / 2472