Content

Suggestion/Sucking up! :P

Skriverj View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hey yall, Skriver here; I been here for a long time... but never really posted *laughing out loud* so anyways, I have a suggestion...not that good but suggestion is a suggestion..

Okay, so anyways I read as much of the suggestions as my eyes could withstand and looked at a lot of the forum postings and I have came up with a slight suggestion that I'm sure others already thought of.

I was reading about the 'round' map and that sparked a imaginable idea, pretty sure you could do it but yeah anyway here it is..

Since the game would have single player (if I'm wrong, I'm sorry.. I havn't slept in awhile) then I suggestion a 'big' map, either a round map like earth and namek and all that... You know, it's easy to imagin areas on earth and namek of what they look like.. and have 'bots' flying around as the other chars or have them stationed in certent locations. To follow the story mode of course you'd need a intermision device, either king kai telling where your char needs to go...

but if you do not wish to follow the story (which would be difficults if your using levels) and go off on your own to fight sabrimems (sorry, them green impy things!) you know..napa's little brats...

But yeah, so a example: Your playing Goku and your getting into the Raditz (sorry for misspell if it's wrong!) and you decide since your starting the game new you want to go and look around before going on your little quest to save Gohan... so you go North instead of East, since on the show if I remeber correctly to the East was where Raditz went with Gohan.. (just trying to be detailed)

and then you can keep going (make the map as huge as you can either with teleport points to different locations after a certent amount of flying) into the newer area, and find the other enmies... Cell, Freezia, Seventeen and Eighteen and so on and so forth.. or even Vegeta and Napa... that way you can Go fight Raditz at first if you want, and start training with people (If you find them and stuff and talk to them as NCPs and say 'Train' or 'Spar' and do that..

But I'm talking high tech and a lot of work, this is just a idea for laters if anybody likes it... *laughing out loud* I really like thinking up the new ideas and possibilities in my imaginations...

Also, I wanted to ask about Transformations... I noticed in a lot of dbz games they look like trash... sure the rumbling, rock raising, electricfying dramatic show of effects are always a top notch thing in games such as dbz, but none actually LOOK decent enough to be called dbz worthy!!

I mean heck, look at ESF and tell me that them trans are good.... Sure they all sparkily and whizzy zazz but gotta be more realistic... be over water and transform, you'll be surrounded by a twister of waves and energy with a aura blasting in and out of your body with either lighting or a darkening sky with flames erupting around you... I don't know... I honestly believe this team here can achive anything at this point... your all doing a great, miracle job and I thank you all for working hard....

Anyways, thats the end of my rant on my wants *laughing out loud* I'm sorry if I sound selfish... I just want a dbz game worth playing for a long period of time..and I'm sure this will be that game... Smile Goodnight yall...and Thanks for reading my long assage post if you do get to the end! ^^; Ciao!

RiO View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Kind of like 'pulling a Morrowind' on DBZ, hmm?

It's certainly ambitious for a single player mode, that's for sure.

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Well, the idea is rather simple in the thought pattern, but then again complicated to do for a game such as DBZ, but like I said.. Free roaming games are always fun to adventure with or rp with (for those who like to play the role of the character) but you could always add a Multiplayer area like that instead of a single, free roaming multiplayer... Now 'that' would be nice.

Level based system and character generated setup, make your own chair or take the custom normal characters and hook them up with your favorite skills or so on and so forth...

I just like to think of it, because to me that indeed would be a blast from heck! *laughing out loud* Yeah anyways... It's just a idea of mine... I have plenty more where that came from for my imagination is huge *laughing out loud*...

I already have some more suggestions but I'm sure there already been thought of... but I'll save them for when others read my posts Razz since I always post big... and sorry for that ^^ (by the way, Thanks for the reply! *laughing out loud*)

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 11, 2006

Since the game would have single player (if I'm wrong, I'm sorry.. I havn't slept in awhile) then I suggestion a 'big' map, either a round map like earth and namek and all that... You know, it's easy to imagin areas on earth and namek of what they look like.. and have 'bots' flying around as the other chars or have them stationed in certent locations.

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but are you suggesting an entire planet be one map?

To follow the story mode of course you'd need a intermision device, either king kai telling where your char needs to go...

Although I've heard of certain games doing that, it does break our seried dedication to have a narrator cordinate events and all. Naturally you'd probably catch word one way or another, but hearing a looming King Kai voice all the time is slightly "inaccurate" to say the least.

but if you do not wish to follow the story (which would be difficults if your using levels)

Although we could implement such a system, strict experience-based RPG levels in a traditional sense really don't really mimic the progression shown in the series enough. As with most things, we have proprietary (yet accurate) methods of handling such concepts Smile.

and then you can keep going (make the map as huge as you can either with teleport points to different locations after a certent amount of flying) into the newer area,

You are indeed refering to at least a planet "world map", which is system I'm pretty sure one of the Budokai games had. We pride ourselves on basing concepts on almost NO elements from other DBZ games.

and find the other enmies... Cell, Freezia, Seventeen and Eighteen and so on and so forth.. or even Vegeta and Napa... that way you can Go fight Raditz at first if you want, and start training with people (If you find them and stuff and talk to them as NCPs and say 'Train' or 'Spar' and do that..

While that's also in mimic of one of the budokai games, it additionally breaks some fundamental grounds once again about requests for the project.

[*] Requested feature MUST adhere to 100% accuracy to the series. Nothing purely creative/inventive is permitted.

Also, I wanted to ask about Transformations... I noticed in a lot of dbz games they look like trash... sure the rumbling, rock raising, electricfying dramatic show of effects are always a top notch thing in games such as dbz, but none actually LOOK decent enough to be called dbz worthy!!

We'll make transformations worth the effort and just as cinematically/visually/dramatically appeasing as the series counterparts.

Anyways, thats the end of my rant on my wants *laughing out loud* I'm sorry if I sound selfish... I just want a dbz game worth playing for a long period of time..and I'm sure this will be that game... Smile Goodnight yall...and Thanks for reading my long assage post if you do get to the end! ^^; Ciao!

ZEQ2's nature has some INTENSE handling methods in mind that will stretch the replay value of the game out for quite some time. I assure you that you won't be dissapointed.

Well, the idea is rather simple in the thought pattern, but then again complicated to do for a game such as DBZ, but like I said.. Free roaming games are always fun to adventure with or rp with (for those who like to play the role of the character) but you could always add a Multiplayer area like that instead of a single, free roaming multiplayer... Now 'that' would be nice.

It's not really all that complicated of a concept and it's surely been done many MANY times in the past on dozens of other games. The only problem with your requests is that they break the fundamental rules for requesting. ZEQ2 is based on a VERY strict adherence to accuracy standards. Creativity beyond the scope of the series is completely nulled.

Level based system and character generated setup, make your own chair or take the custom normal characters and hook them up with your favorite skills or so on and so forth...

Again. Common to see a customization system in a game. Not really applicable for our project, however.

Reply with quote Thursday, May 11, 2006

Zeth, your Replys are always so great! ^-^ Thanks for the answers and all.. I'm sure I'll be posting again soonish on more suggestions! once I sort them out that is...hehe, 12:35 am now, so going to bed.. Goodnight!

Oh one thing: does anybody know of BFP patches like RC1,2 and what ever else? ><! and the code to make it Infinant Ki? I wanted to fool around with BFP but I forgot where to get the update patches and stuff... ^^ Thanks

0 / 2472