Content

1, 2  >>

Video Card

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hello guys tomorrow I will buy a video CARD YEEAHHHHH ( I have a Geforce 4 Sad ) .Ok the card I want is Geforce 6200 can you tell me it is good???? PIXEL SHADER how much??? 256 ram /64 bites and tell me if the the new games (heroes 5 , The goatfather ,True crime new york city , X-men 3 and other) if they work THANKS MANSSSS!!!! Very Happy

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

I don't think going for a GeForce 6200 is a good idea, I think you'll be better off with a 6600 or so...
But then again :/ I lost track with the video card market hehe.

You can always try ATI Radeon too.

Offf why? it isn't good??? Sad HELP plese why??? don't work at it new games or what!?!??! Pixel shader how much he has??!?

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

The PCI-Express 6200's here cost about £30/50, but if you spent alittle more you could get a 6600 or something..

Heres a link to the site I use for parts, the 6200 section and the 6600 section check out the prices, I'm not sure what kind of card you want AGP or PCI-Express, so I just listed the PCI-Express models.

6200 Section

6600 Section

Atleast it gives you an idea of prices.. I dunno how £'s converts into your currancy though, you'll have to work that out for yourself Smile.

" Designed with features such as Pixel Shader 3.0 these cards enable games such as ID's Doom 3 to be seen as they should be. " OH MY GOODNESS pixel shader 3 !!!! Shocked how much is costing?? 3.000.000 =100$ in my country and I have 3.000.000 O and GYGABYTE the mark

Sugar & Cocaine wrote : " Designed with features such as Pixel Shader 3.0 these cards enable games such as ID's Doom 3 to be seen as they should be. " OH MY GOODNESS pixel shader 3 !!!! Shocked how much is costing?? 3.000.000 =100$ in my country and I have 3.000.000 O and GYGABYTE the mark

Search google for prices in your own country, do a national search not international, and it should bring up a parts site based in your country, that way you'll be able to find out the prices.. Or find which one you want from the links I've listed then convert the price from £'s into your currancy.

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

try a radeon x1600pro, I have one, and I like it...

Element4q2 View user's profile Send private message

I wouldn't recommend going for anything below a Geforce 6600GT, it offers good performance for the cheap price they go for nowadays.

"The Goatfather"...what the feck?Razz

Oh sorry The Godfather .... But OH MY GOODNESS 200$ GT6600 Sad I'm so confused Sad But Offf I don't know it cost to much in ROMANIA don't knowwwww I thinked that GF6200 is good but it say that the games does not work at full performance thanks to you guys for telling me I was thinking to buy it but I don't know ...
Edit: What is the differents of GF6600 ASUS and GF6600 GYGABYTE,gygabyte is more expensive but why?

Forza View user's profile Send private message

If you want to be able to play a bunch of decent games the next 2 years a 6200 will not suffice for sure. 6600 will get you there I guess.

zane View user's profile Send private message

Don't buy the 6200! Save the money till you have enough for a 6600 or a radeon.. you should google for prices in your country.

Sugar & Cocaine wrote : Oh sorry The Godfather .... But OH MY GOODNESS 200$ GT6600 Sad I'm so confused Sad But Offf I don't know it cost to much in ROMANIA don't knowwwww I thinked that GF6200 is good but it say that the games does not work at full performance thanks to you guys for telling me I was thinking to buy it but I don't know ...
Edit: What is the differents of GF6600 ASUS and GF6600 GYGABYTE,gygabyte is more expensive but why?

200.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 1,046.16 RON Romania New Lei.

xe.com The Universal Currency Converter.
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

zane wrote : Don't buy the 6200! Save the money till you have enough for a 6600 or a radeon.. you should google for prices in your country.

*laughing out loud* man I can rezist anymoreeeee!!!! 2 YEARS I having this awefull video card .... I found GF6600 at 4.700.000 lei =surpass 100$ and I have just 2.500.000 *laughing out loud* and if only I sell my GEFORCE 4 and GEforce 2 I will buy that but can't rezisttt *laughing out loud* Laughing

N-J ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Sugar & Cocaine wrote :

zane wrote : Don't buy the 6200! Save the money till you have enough for a 6600 or a radeon.. you should google for prices in your country.

*laughing out loud* man I can rezist anymoreeeee!!!! 2 YEARS I having this awefull video card .... I found GF6600 at 4.700.000 lei =surpass 100$ and I have just 2.500.000 *laughing out loud* and if only I sell my GEFORCE 4 and GEforce 2 I will buy that but can't rezisttt *laughing out loud* :*laughing out loud*:

You could always sell those cards to computer noobs saying they can play CS on super high settings, and atleast get 50 bucks out of it which I assume is around 1.250.000 [insert poor currency here] :p

trotty Owns a Medal View user's profile Send private message

Sugar & Cocaine, patience is a virtue, I think it is better to wait so you can get GF6600GT, because it is a good graphics card, but unfortunately Tomb Raider Legend (7) with GF6600GT didn't work with maximum graphics on my bro's PC with an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ processor and 512MB RAM.
But try to get the card it is good though, it is way better than a galactic federation 2 or galactic federation 4.

RiO View user's profile Send private message

Regardless of what level of power card you're going to buy, pay attention to these things;

1. If possible, buy from the same brand your motherboard is. Meaning if you've got an ASUS mobo, buy an ASUS videocard. This reduces the odds of meeting with compatibility problems between the video card and certain parts of your motherboard drivers.
  2. I personally would stay far, far away from Gigabyte; 'Engrish' setup screens, fluctuating voltages on the +5, -5 and +12 rails, random computer freezes due to bad drivers, etc.
  3. MSI can be hit or miss. In the past they've had a few issues with bad components, but that seems to have settled. Still, unless you've got a good warranty plan, I'd consider other options first.

Hands down the best solution is having an ASUS mobo and an ASUS videocard based on a nVidia chipset. A 6600 is decent, but already becoming borderline with Oblivion. Better then to save up a bit more for a 7800, which atleast will last a bit longer (and as far as I know has better support for shader model 3.0).

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

RiO wrote : Regardless of what level of power card you're going to buy, pay attention to these things;

1. If possible, buy from the same brand your motherboard is. Meaning if you've got an ASUS mobo, buy an ASUS videocard. This reduces the odds of meeting with compatibility problems between the video card and certain parts of your motherboard drivers.
  2. I personally would stay far, far away from Gigabyte; 'Engrish' setup screens, fluctuating voltages on the +5, -5 and +12 rails, random computer freezes due to bad drivers, etc.
  3. MSI can be hit or miss. In the past they've had a few issues with bad components, but that seems to have settled. Still, unless you've got a good warranty plan, I'd consider other options first.

Hands down the best solution is having an ASUS mobo and an ASUS videocard based on a nVidia chipset. A 6600 is decent, but already becoming borderline with Oblivion. Better then to save up a bit more for a 7800, which atleast will last a bit longer (and as far as I know has better support for shader model 3.0).

You've clearly been out of the run for a while.

You don't need same brand mobo as videocard, those drivers issue are a blast of the past.
These days(AMD platform) it are three big chipset manufactures, nVidia, ATi and VIA.
This prevents irritating issue with videocard/mobo.(They even deliver standard AGP drivers with nVidia/VIA(Dunno about ATi) chipset that you can install on each mobo with the same chipset and features)

Gigabyte and MSI are fine brands now. The only thing which sets the mobo's apart is the price and overal layout.(Like having a floppy connecter at the bottom of the board, >_<, I dislike that)

I advice you to get a 7900GT instead of a 7800GT. They are are about the same price, but the 7900GT has the performance of 7800GTX.

The Radeon X1900T is also a good choice.

RiO View user's profile Send private message

Devion wrote : You've clearly been out of the run for a while.

You don't need same brand mobo as videocard, those drivers issue are a blast of the past.
These days(AMD platform) it are three big chipset manufactures, nVidia, ATi and VIA.
This prevents irritating issue with videocard/mobo.(They even deliver standard AGP drivers with nVidia/VIA(Dunno about ATi) chipset that you can install on each mobo with the same chipset and features)

Gigabyte and MSI are fine brands now. The only thing which sets the mobo's apart is the price and overal layout.(Like having a floppy connecter at the bottom of the board, >_<, I dislike that)

I know the issues with MSI have mostly blown over (And I did state that, I think?), but what I'm describing with Gigabyte are issues with recently (less than 3 months back) purchased hardware.
Also, the VIA 4-in-1 mobo drivers are still trash, and you'll want to avoid them. Which means you don't buy anything with a VIA chipset. Period.
And as for those AGP/PCIe driver problems being an issue of the past; tell it to a few of the people on Bethesda's Oblivion forums having all kinds of weird issues due to problems with their AGP/PCIe drivers.
It happens less often, but it still happens. And if you're stuck with it; you're stuck with it. No amount of software patching will help you get rid of it. Better safe than sorry, I'd say.

Morpherex View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 17, 2006

RiO wrote : Regardless of what level of power card you're going to buy, pay attention to these things;

Agreed. I had one of their k8 boards and it sucked as/s.

Now I've got a DFI NF4 SLI-DR, and nothing but happyness. Had some random reboot problems at first, but bios update and a small voltage fix fixed it Smile.

The MSI though, would always randomly reboot on me if loaded too much images on a single page, and sometimes it would turn on like 10 seconds after I shut down. For no reason. Every wake on was dissabled, *laughing out loud*. Can't remember the other problem I had with it though. The only thing I don't like about NF4 chipset is that it runs really fkin hot.

I have an Athlon 2200 mhz but works at 1800 mhz *laughing out loud* ... what I need to put it on 2200 (I ask you guys because you know) I have something ASUS on my computer I think its the baze plack (motherboard?) and I have to buy an ASUS VIDEO CARD no? Confused
And an GF7900 GT is more than 500$ I think so I think I will buy GF6200 *laughing out loud* because 6600 is 200$ maximum I don't know...what to do and today I will buy for sure..something

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

You don't have an AMD 2200 mhz, you have an AMD 2200+, which is a 1.8ghz processor. The 2200+ bit has nothing to do with the actual speed of the processor, apart form AMD saying "It's the equivilent to an Intel 2.2ghz"

Don't bother with a 6200, it really is not worth it. Buy a 6600GT, they are no more than $200 either. I picked up one over a year ago for £120 so you should be able to get one pretty damn cheap now. Dude, no offence, but if you're going to be buying new kit for your computer then actually learn about your computer and it's components so we can help you more.

I decided what I will buy....ok hang up to something
here it goes: Model ASUS EN6200TC/TD/256

Procesor grafic NVIDIA GeForce 6200 w/TurboCache

Frecventa memorie 540MHz (270MHz DDR)

Interfata memorie 64 bit; Effective Memory Bandwidth: 128bit

Frecventa procesor grafic 400 MHz

Memorie 256 MB DDR2; Effective Memory Size: 512MB

Interfata PCI Express 16X

Conectori VGA Output (Standard 15-pin D-sub)
Video Output (Composite)
DVI-I
2nd VGA Output

RAMDAC 400 MHz

Garantie 3 ani
Please tell me what you think!!! he has 3.0 pixel shader Smile

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Dude, you have an AMD Athlon 2200+, I highly, highly doubt it's PCI-Express, it's most likely AGP. You really, REALLY need to check before you waste your money, if you don't have a PCI-Express motherboard you won't be able to use that card. And as we KEEP saying, the 6200 is not worth it, just go for a 6600. If your machine is AGP then I'm fairly sure you can pick up an AGP 6600 for almost the same as a PCI-E 6200.

A.i.3 View user's profile Send private message

Before buying that video card, see if your motherborad supprots PCI Express 16X coz if it dosent support then the video card won't work Wink

EDIT: ups Alex beat my to it.

Where I can check my motherboard I open the box? *laughing out loud*
OK I will do it and I will tell you what I have...
Edit: I will be patiance to have more money...and then I will buy an 6600GT ...Thanks

1, 2  >>

0 / 2472