Content

Harder yet Easier to Kill?

MooSe_CaNNoN View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 04, 2006

In the series, when anyone got fatigued they sort of seemed to not be able to move as fast as they could as if they were fully powered up, and when it came to killing people and people dying on the series, the oponent almost always had to do some sort of powerfully charged attack to actually defeat/kill them.
What I'm getting at is in ZEQII, as your character gets more fatigued would it be a good idea to make them move a little slower? so you could be easier to hit by large attacks and be killed, and when you're hit by small attacks you don't die? Like when playing ESF and the like, if you have low HP, you can still move as fast as you always can and you can die by tiny energy attacks, and because you can move just as fast as when you have full hp or power or whatever, it means doing large attacks to finish people off is hard because you just get jumped at, which is very unlike the series.
So my suggestion for ZEQII is when you're fatigued or at low hp or close to dying or whatever, perhaps you get harder to kill by small energy attacks therefore you have to be defeated by a large or moderately charged attack like in the series, but to be finished by that attack you shouldn't be able to move as fast or much, this could bring more strategy into the game as well, like on the series when they're hiding behind a mountain or big rock so not to be detected because they're low on energy.
I don't know how it could be implemented into the game, maybe when you're low on hp, it can't go below a certain point, so there is enough there to withstand small energy beams, and when one hits you it it quickly goes back up to that mark, but when a large attack hits you it goes to zero, if you know what I mean?

Anyway, thats my suggestion

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, May 05, 2006

Oh, I too got a question connected to that low HP (I know there won't be such thing as hp it's just my resident habit to call everything connected to health (in games only, duh) HP) Wink There WILL be sensu beans, right? Very Happy

Michel View user's profile Send private message

MooSe_CaNNoN: Thanks for writing such a wonderful post. Most people here have the habbit of posting in "IMG I want this" style, so it is refreshing to so a normal post once and a while.

About your question:
You are aware that zeq2 won't have any HP bars? They won't have any HUD at all, actually. If you try to kill someone, you will first have to hunt them down, and make them fatigued. You can notice that they are in such a state visually (wounds, slower movements, etc). in my opinion small attacks shouldn't be able to kill a player in fatigued state. They should however, be able to fatigue a player that much, that he/she is not able to move at all. in my opinion remaining is such a state for several time would kill you then. Ofcourse, you would be a sitting duck then, so I think people would just finish you of with a bigger attack. I think that would be nice gameplay. However, I am not the one that makes that decission, so you have to wait untill zeth gives us more info about that.

spyxter: sensu beans are the equivalent of healthpacks. So I think that they will be available, yes. However, it is the same case as above: wait for zeth Wink

Furthermore, I think critical attacks/specials, or even small attacks, should have a little "animation" behind it. For example: a close-up to see ones eyes before they die. Or travelling along with a beam, to have a more dramatical effect. in my opinion, good camera movements are a must here. The camera should move to the position where it supports the biggest impact on actions. So what I am saying, is that when you do a round kick, the camera should move along with the players feet movements. So doing a right legged round kick, would mean that his left feet moves first, so that it can support the rotation of the body: the camera should twist a bit to reflect this, and position himself in a way so that the position where the opponent is being hit, is clearly visible. Anyhow... that's just what I would like to see... don't know if it will work out nicely, but I think it will.

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Blucell you are great if this is planing to be in Zeq2 Smile GOOD sugestion cell and moose

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

...more fatigued would it be a good idea to make them move a little slower?

Yes, this is how fatigue behaves naturally. Speed isn't the only thing effected, of course.

...and when you're hit by small attacks you don't die?

The amount of actual impact an attack has is dependent on it's unique power level in ratio to your own. Look for a text update in the future with this information Wink.

...if you know what I mean?

Of course. We already have plans in motion in the direction of your suggestions. Like I mentioned keep an eye out on a text update to fill in your questions with more depth and detail.

There WILL be sensu beans, right?

Silly question! Does the series have sensu beans?

Hm, I'm not sure if you've noticed that but in the series Z-fighters used to start fighting most fiercly and powerfully when they got a little bit busted (you know, after they finished playing/warming up especially goku Wink). Let's put it in other words: will you be forced to get a bit busted to reach your best?

RiO View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 06, 2006

spyxter wrote : Hm, I'm not sure if you've noticed that but in the series Z-fighters used to start fighting most fiercly and powerfully when they got a little bit busted (you know, after they finished playing/warming up especially goku Wink). Let's put it in other words: will you be forced to get a bit busted to reach your best?

Nah. That was just the moment the most of them either a) got pissed off and started using their full power, or b) felt they should stop kidding around and get serious, using their full power.

Of course the player can influence if he wants to 'play around' or 'get serious' off the bat. Wink

I think it's cooler when you start fighting full-power when you get a bit busted Wink But playing too much used to nibble me off when I watched DBZ.
Goddamnit, I just can't loving wait for ZEQ2 to be released Very Happy

Forza View user's profile Send private message

About the sensu beans: It's not like they used them everywhere.. just in a few episodes. I don't think it's realistic to give them away like candy.

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Forza wrote : About the sensu beans: It's not like they used them everywhere.. just in a few episodes. I don't think it's realistic to give them away like candy.

True. But there isn't a good way to handel that. I don't think you can fly to korin to ask for them.
So maybe one per person. And you can earn more by special kills of some sort. But that won't work nether. Wasn't in the serie. Damn >_<

I'm sugesting this ONLY few maps will have senzu beans...like KAMILOOKOUT and korin's place...and a few maps you will find Yajoribe (spyxter's favorite character Laughing ) and then he will give you a senzu bean Very Happy Smile

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

Super Snake wrote : I don't think you can fly to korin to ask for them.

I think you will Rolling Eyes

N-J ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Of course you will, and depending on who you are you might get them or not :p... it's not like you're going to find them in giant forms hovering above the ground...

Right, right. So get this:
You are on namek. So you fly all the way to earth to get some sensu's then fly back to the battle field.

Or!
You are in a fight: "Hey dude.."
"Yes?"
"I'm going to korin te get some beanies káy?"
"Well ok. For this time only!"

What about!
"Dudes, keep them busy I'll get sensu's for you"
*comes back and every one died 4 times and battle is over*
"Damn..."

Sounds like a great system! ;P

N-J ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Yeah your sarcasm is bewildering me. If you’re trying to pick on Brolly with Goku you better be sure your pocket is full of them. It’s something you already have gathered before you fight, LIKE IN THE SERIES.

*laughing out loud* That will be reallyyyy cool ZEQ2 its more and more interesting every day that pasts Very Happy

Edit:
No your favorit charakter is the fusion of vegeta and yajaroby =Veroby Smile

N-J wrote : Yeah your sarcasm is bewildering me. If you’re trying to pick on Brolly with Goku you better be sure your pocket is full of them. It’s something you already have gathered before you fight, LIKE IN THE SERIES.

Don't forget the times that the senzu beans were being gatherd IN battle. (normally done by less important characters though)
That happend in the serie. So how will that be handeld? Razz

Don't forget the times that the senzu beans were being gatherd IN battle. (normally done by less important characters though) That happend in the serie. So how will that be handeld?

Why don't you go ahead and name off all those times that someone left in the middle of a fight (while on another planet or in an expected fight) to fly off to get some sensu beans? Exclude movies since we're talking series only here.

SlasH View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, May 08, 2006

anyway....I think things like lets say "Goku - Hey Krillin fly to the earth to get senzu's....im gonna hold him off as long as possible" never happened...
it was only once in Revenge of Cooler that krillin left for senzu's but they were on earth

it doesnt seem real fighting on another planet and escaping the fight to fly to the other planet for senzu's

I'm pretty sure Gohan was sent to get Sensu beans in that movie not during a fight, but yeah.

Zeth wrote :
Why don't you go ahead and name off all those times that someone left in the middle of a fight (while on another planet or in an expected fight) to fly off to get some sensu beans? Exclude movies since we're talking series only here.

Uuuhhhmmm. I said that it ISN'T possible to go to korins tower on, lets say Namek. So that means you can't use senzu's on a Namek map. Wich is intellectually lacking. Or you have to fly to the nearest Goku's big brown sack shop to get some.

And I don't remember everything, but I know Yajirobe was the main man of sending them.

... or you remember to get a bag from Korin before flying 80,000,000 miles through space to another planet. Razz

Veghetto View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What If you are a bad guy and you go to Korin's Tower for some Senzu Beans? Will he give them to you or do you have to throw his little buttocks of to get it? And will the senzu beans that's there run out? Because everyone on that big buttocks joint servers will be flying to that one place for senzu beans. And Androids 16, 19, and 20 can't eat em because they're pure robots.

Reply with quote Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What If you are a bad guy and you go to Korin's Tower for some Senzu Beans?

The series never has an instance where Korin gives bad guys Sensu beans.

Will he give them to you or do you have to throw his little buttocks of to get it?

As far as the series goes, it seems to depend purely on prior situations and Korin's knowledge of the villians and such in the area.

And will the senzu beans that's there run out?

Korin actually 'creates' the beans from what the series insinuates. Logically (unbased from the series), if he were destroyed or under pressure by a bad guy, bean creation would probably cease to be, thus making the supply limited. Check for series instances for a more exact response to confrontation in such cases. Wink

Because everyone on that big buttocks joint servers will be flying to that one place for senzu beans. And Androids 16, 19, and 20 can't eat em because they're pure robots

As far as the Z-Fighters go, there would be no real point to camp at Korins. It would be difficult to train, crowded, and between Yajirobe and Korin, anyone around would probably get driven up the wall from nagging.

As far as most villians go, the location of Korin's and Kami's Palace was not known. There are a few exceptions, of course. Think to yourself. Even if the location of Korin's was known, what actual motive would a villian have to go there? Taking into regard the general "arrogant" attitudes of 'most' villians, characters from the series wouldn't see sensu beans so much as a threat to actually try to kill the creator of them. If this were the case, Gero, the Androids, and Cell himself would have at least attempted to whack Korin.

Veghetto View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Zeth wrote :

What If you are a bad guy and you go to Korin's Tower for some Senzu Beans?

The series never has an instance where Korin gives bad guys Sensu beans.

Will he give them to you or do you have to throw his little buttocks of to get it?

As far as the series goes, it seems to depend purely on prior situations and Korin's knowledge of the villians and such in the area.

And will the senzu beans that's there run out?

Korin actually 'creates' the beans from what the series insinuates. Logically (unbased from the series), if he were destroyed or under pressure by a bad guy, bean creation would probably cease to be, thus making the supply limited. Check for series instances for a more exact response to confrontation in such cases. Wink

Because everyone on that big buttocks joint servers will be flying to that one place for senzu beans. And Androids 16, 19, and 20 can't eat em because they're pure robots

As far as the Z-Fighters go, there would be no real point to camp at Korins. It would be difficult to train, crowded, and between Yajirobe and Korin, anyone around would probably get driven up the wall from nagging.

As far as most villians go, the location of Korin's and Kami's Palace was not known. There are a few exceptions, of course. Think to yourself. Even if the location of Korin's was known, what actual motive would a villian have to go there? Taking into regard the general "arrogant" attitudes of 'most' villians, characters from the series wouldn't see sensu beans so much as a threat to actually try to kill the creator of them. If this were the case, Gero, the Androids, and Cell himself would have at least attempted to whack Korin.

I understand what you're saying but you forget one thing, real people will be playing as these villians so they would see a threat in senzu beans and they will find Korin's Tower.

Also, It always to Korin a while to grow more senzu beans. Sometimes he would have a whole pot full and sometimes he would only have a few.

0 / 2472