Content

<<  1, 2

Video Card

Element4q2 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Alex wrote : Dude, you have an AMD Athlon 2200+, I highly, highly doubt it's PCI-Express, it's most likely AGP. You really, [be]REALLY[/be] need to check before you waste your money, if you don't have a PCI-Express motherboard you won't be able to use that card. And as we [be]KEEP[/be] saying, the 6200 is not worth it, just go for a 6600. If your machine is AGP then I'm fairly sure you can pick up an AGP 6600 for almost the same as a PCI-E 6200.

Indeed. The 2200+ was SocketA and there are no SocketA boards with PCI-Express.

I'm not so sure about a PCI-E 6200 being more expensive than an AGP 6600GT. In fact last I looked I could get the Leadtek 6600GT PCI-E for cheaper than its AGP counterpart. Smile

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

But I don't understand 6200 with Turbo Cache has 3.0 pixel like 6600 whats the difference the frequancy of the 6600 is more better but its like almost the same Razz

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Ok, S&C, listen, stop going on about ZOMG!PIXEL SHADER 3.0!ZOMG! because you obviously don't actualy have a single clue what the heck any of the tech specs actually mean. The 6200 and the 6600 are the same generation of cards, their technology is about the same, just the 6600GT is better and, for the price difference, far more value for money.

Element: Eh, dunno, PCI-E were more expensive when I bought my AGP 6600GT and I stopped looking at AGP cards when I got my PCI-E machine.

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Sugar & Cocaine wrote : I have an Athlon 2200 mhz but works at 1800 mhz *laughing out loud* ... what I need to put it on 2200 (I ask you guys because you know) I have something ASUS on my computer I think its the baze plack (motherboard?) and I have to buy an ASUS VIDEO CARD no? Confused
And an GF7900 GT is more than 500$ I think so I think I will buy GF6200 *laughing out loud* because 6600 is 200$ maximum I don't know...what to do and today I will buy for sure..something

Geforce 7900GT is $299 and soon to hit the $249 according to rumors.

Morpherex View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 18, 2006

A.I.3 wrote : Before buying that video card, see if your motherborad supprots PCI Express 16X coz if it dosent support then the video card won't work Wink

EDIT: ups Alex beat my to it.

That video card doesn't run fast enough to fully utilize 16x. 8x yes, 16x no.

And let him waste his money if he doesnt research first.

Forza View user's profile Send private message

Yes, I would take the 6200. Pixel shader 3.0 is really great. like omgz.

I will take the 6200 can't rezist TO MUCH GAMES I NEVER played because I have Geforce 4 ....Here is one: when black and white 2 appeard I was waiting for that game 2 YEARS and when I install it guess what?
Never work "AT least 1 pixel shader you need" "Fatal EROR" than other games soo thanks guys for telling me and helping me thanks again I will tell what I did...

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

Sugar & Cocaine wrote : I will take the 6200 can't rezist TO MUCH GAMES I NEVER played because I have Geforce 4 ....Here is one: when black and white 2 appeard I was waiting for that game 2 YEARS and when I install it guess what?
Never work "AT least 1 pixel shader you need" "Fatal EROR" than other games soo thanks guys for telling me and helping me thanks again I will tell what I did...

Well going from a Geforce 4 to 6200, will make a big differance to your perfomance, however a 6200 probably won't cut it with the next generation of games. Just like you said you Geforce 4 couldn't cut it with Black and White 2?? Your 6200 will probably be the same with games like UT2007.

Close this shi.t

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Wow are you going to be dissapointed.

A Geforce 6200 will not run BnW2 smoothly, period.

<<  1, 2

0 / 2472