Content

Bicycles!

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Having in mind the effects of global warming, I'm more and more into bicycles Confused
Well, to be honest, I don't really give a damn about that environmental stuff. Riding a bike just gives so much pleasure Cool In my case more of hopping than riding actually xD

What about you, fellow members of community? Smile
Do you ride?
How do you ride? (your style)
What bike do you ride?

Share your passion...

N-J ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

My style?...a helmet, knee/elbow protection and a yellow reflective jacket.

N-J wrote : My style?...a helmet, knee/elbow protection and a yellow reflective jacket.

Well, I meant discipline Smile
I, for instance, ride street/urban mtb discipline which is pretty much similiar to street bmx

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

Haven't touched a bike since I was 12 I think...

Element4q2 View user's profile Send private message

@spyxter: You do of course realise that "global warming" is a natural phenomenon?

Countless studies have shown that the relationship between CO2 and warming of the earth is actually inverted. I.e. as the earth warms more sea-water evaporates and in turn produces increased levels of CO2.

Even it was somehow related to CO2, man in actually fact only contributes around 0.02% of the CO2 in the atmosphere. Hardly enough to cause the steep rise in temp that all those graphs show.

Watch "The Great Global Warming Swindle"

Spread the word! Very Happy

On topic: Err...I like bikes too.

Element4q2 wrote : @spyxter: You do of course realise that "global warming" is a natural phenomenon?

Countless studies have shown that the relationship between CO2 and warming of the earth is actually inverted. I.e. as the earth warms more sea-water evaporates and in turn produces increased levels of CO2.

Even it was somehow related to CO2, man in actually fact only contributes around 0.02% of the CO2 in the atmosphere. Hardly enough to cause the steep rise in temp that all those graphs show.

Watch "The Great Global Warming Swindle"

Spread the word! Very Happy

On topic: Err...I like bikes too.

Dude, it's been ages since I found mankind not guilty for warming the globe Very Happy
This global warming thing is way too exaggerated in my opinion Rolling Eyes

Bikes rock!
But today my pedal took some tissue out of my leg Smile I'll upload some photos later if you'd like to see what platform pedals can do to your leg without shinguards xD

Anyone willing to share photos of your bikes?

LionHeart View user's profile Send private message

Icarus wrote : Haven't touched a bike since I was 12 I think...

same.

Bikes rock!

I don't mean to be disrespectfull but you kinda lose the interest in bikes after you're 12 or 13, unless you're a world bike champion you would rather drive a car than a bike.

And lets face it who actualy gives a poo about global warming? Confused

Lets take a situation for example...
You're 18 and you want to have a galactic federation like everyone does (or a butterfly if you're ticklish) I doubt a girl would chose you(with a bike) instead of a guy (with a car). Prove me wrong if you can.

no wonder you're still single... Laughing
Seriously, I don't think that ALL the girls are so shallow... Rolling Eyes

By the way, bikes are not toys. Cycling is a great sport. BMX or MTB or road, it doesn't matter...

You just have to absolutely love the word filters...

Mjam View user's profile Send private message

Bikes are Fun Especialy sense I ride mine to the End of the road and back for Excercize 2.5 miles to the end and back =D

I didn't say I dislike bikes but if you aren't implicated in bmx or cicling then you exagarate too much about them bikes are cool but they don't come nearly close to "BIKES ROCK"

LionHeart wrote : I didn't say I dislike bikes but if you aren't implicated in bmx or cicling then you exagarate too much about them bikes are cool but they don't come nearly close to "BIKES ROCK"

I think you're underestimating the power of two wheels...

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

I don't have a bike, there's very little point around here, it only takes 20 minutes to walk from one end of town to the other and it's a bit of a long way to cycle anywhere out of town.

Also, LionHeart, saying that girls are interested in guys with cars is a load of bollocks if I've ever heard it, not offence. Maybe if they're, ya know, the incredibly shallow, slutty, social-status obsessive kinda girl, but honestly who, that wants an actual relationship, honestly wants to be with some one like that? Generalising girls to pick one guy over another because one has a car and the other only has a bike is ignorant to say the least.

Alex wrote : I don't have a bike, there's very little point around here, it only takes 20 minutes to walk from one end of town to the other and it's a bit of a long way to cycle anywhere out of town.

Also, LionHeart, saying that girls are interested in guys with cars is a load of bollocks if I've ever heard it, not offence. Maybe if they're, ya know, the incredibly shallow, slutty, social-status obsessive kinda girl, but honestly who, that wants an actual relationship, honestly wants to be with some one like that? Generalising girls to pick one guy over another because one has a car and the other only has a bike is ignorant to say the least.

You missed my point I didn't say I was refering to all the girls I said I gave an example situation.

Lets take a situation for example...

And maybe they don't have be lovers what if the guy would be older, the girl wants someone she can rely on and provide a home for her future family.
That would only be one of the situations, ok let me get another one.
Would you prefere to drive to work or ride your bike to work?
And don't worry I don't get offensed that easy.

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

LionHeart wrote :

Alex wrote : I don't have a bike, there's very little point around here, it only takes 20 minutes to walk from one end of town to the other and it's a bit of a long way to cycle anywhere out of town.

You missed my point I didn't say I was refering to all the girls I said I gave an example situation.

Lets take a situation for [you]example[/you]...

And maybe they don't have be lovers what if the guy would be older, the girl wants someone she can rely on and provide a home for her future family.
That would only be one of the situations, ok let me get another one.
Would you prefere to drive to work or ride your bike to work?
And don't worry I don't get offensed that easy.

Guess it depends on the community and location your in as well as the age. Too many variables Razz

On topic, I'd say I'd ride a bike if the weather was nice all the time, and the scenery too Razz It's a pain if you suffer from whey fever though ...

Eshado View user's profile Send private message

This....wow.
All of this...is really disturbing if you think about it.
-cough- ride -cough-

Reply with quote Thursday, April 05, 2007

heck, the only reason why I'm gonna get a car is just to transport myself and the bike between distant riding spots Laughing

Ussj_gohan View user's profile Send private message

man you guys are still on bike's Cool

Azurite View user's profile Send private message

It's rare that people don't own a bike or two where I live.
Don't look down on bikes, it's kind of immature.

Ussj_gohan wrote : man you guys are still on bike's Cool

And you got a car for your lazy buttocks. So what? Rolling Eyes

spyxter wrote :

And you got a car for your lazy behind. So what? Rolling Eyes

Would you prefere taking a ride with the bike though the forest at about 10/20 km/h or drive your car though the streets/desert/etc at about 50/60 km/h. If you want it simple then hear this bikes don't give you an adrenaline rush unless you fall of a mountain when riding them.

Chances that a bike would kill you are almost inexistant compared to the chances a car would.

Ussj_gohan View user's profile Send private message

spyxter wrote :

And you got a car for your lazy behind. So what? Rolling Eyes

I'm 16 *laughing out loud* , Twisted Evil

I'm rather walk than ride on a bike....

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

If you want it simple then hear this bikes don't give you an adrenaline rush unless you fall of a mountain when riding them.

If you're just riding a long to get somewhere, then ofcourse it won't give you much of a rush, but neither will just driving a car to your destination. Bikes can give far more of an adrenaline rush if you're actually trying to go fast and have fun, mainly because all that's keeping you from the ground are two wheels and a small metal frame between your legs, so traveling even 30mph on a bike feels a heck of a lot faster than it does in a car. It takes a lot more to get an adrenaline rush from a car, mainly because driving with in the legal limits is not much of a heart pounding experience, mainly due to the fact you're encased in a metal and glass shell.

0 / 2472