Content

English BFP

DarkSaiyan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hey all I was wandering if someone could help me out im trying to reinstall EBFP and ive lost my reg info ie: user name and reg key I know theres no servers would like to play off line and lan with my sons. So if any of have a user name and reg key they wouldn't mind giving me pm me I would appreciate it a lot thanks! Very Happy

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Are you talking about an unlegit copy, you lost your cd key? I've never heard of anyone needing a "user name and reg key", to play Q3, BFP or EBFP...

If you don't have a legit cdkey for Quake III Arena acquire one, I can't tell you how ask me via PM but, I think its quite obvious how one would go about acquiring a cdkey. Then when you want to play online all you have to do is. Go in game create a server, you will be returned to your desktop and the blue Q3 server console will be running. In that server console enter the command..

sv_strictauth 0

Then, players with unlegit cdkeys can enter your server hassle free, it even works over the internet. Be sure each of you is running on the same Q3Pointrelease, which should be 1.32.

If you have anymore specific information on your problem and what stage of reinstallation your at, that'd help.

Forza View user's profile Send private message

I believe rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr or sssssssssssssss was a working password.

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Quake 3 is freely available now. You can roll your own version if you want. As far as the assets from the game, there are projects that replace the default textures, models, etc. as well as including all files needed to simulate the Quake 3 environment for modifications.

http://openarena.ws/

Try that.

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

Doesn't work online as far as I know.. It didn't the last time I had it anyways..

DarkSaiyan View user's profile Send private message

No No No your misunderstanding me I have a legit copy of quake3 I need the reg key and a user name for when installing EBFP it asks for one you used to have to registrate for one from website when it used to be up. The user name name and key unlocks the rest of setup you can't install without it it rules but thats the way it was Crying or Very sad

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hmm. Not sure why it wouldn't. As I said, Quake 3 is pretty much completely free aside from the assets.

EDIT : Just did a little quick test. Confirming that it does function properly online -- not sure about previous versions, of course.

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 13, 2007

RaiDer wrote : Doesn't work online as far as I know.. It didn't the last time I had it anyways..

It obviously won't play online on servers which require proper authentication and obviously won't play online on servers which require punkbuster. However, it does work online.

0 / 2472