Content

Metal Gear Solid 4 demo

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, July 16, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSDudPTOznE

Here's a devkit demo demonstrated at some expo, live. It's about one year old Smile
It would be great to hear some opinions from people competent in gamedev Wink

As for me, I was amazed to hear that Snake's mustache is as detailed as one enemy troop... I'm not even talking about the focusing. Truly amazing...

Grega View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Just to let you know.

Thats MGS4: guns of the Patriots.

He said Snakes mustache has the same number of polygions as an enemy soldier in MGS3: Snake eater.

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Grega wrote : Just to let you know.

Thats MGS4: guns of the Patriots.

Duh! Rolling Eyes

He said Snakes mustache has the same number of polygions as an enemy soldier in MGS3: Snake eater.

A-ha! I missed that bit, thanks Wink

That Japanese hostess was pretty discomforting, wasn't she?

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

PR/Programmers/Artists are horrible for doing this. They always talk to people as if they know everything they do,hehe That's probably why most of us are bad at writing documentation Razz

I'm still waiting for Zeth's reply to this Smile

Reply with quote Thursday, July 19, 2007

oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad3Idd7iYiY

yet another amazing vid. I'm assuming the ingame will look similar. I'm starting to seriously consider buying a Playstation 3 Smile

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Looks fair, I suppose. The polycount differences are nothing impressive, however, given the comparisons made and trends in technology. Anyone could do the same. For instance, one ZEQ2 character has as many polygons as an entire Q3/UT map. It doesn't necessarily mean it's a better approach. You have to consider performance costs and know what you're using the aspects for. A 3000-4000 polygon mustache (assuming that was a soldier average in Snake Eater) is nothing to gawk at when you consider that many high-poly (non-interactive) artists use up in the millions of triangles for realistic characters. On the flipside, there are a large range of artists that likewise use MUCH less in terms of polycount, yet accomplish a better visual effect.

That aside, I don't buy $700 games.

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

spyxter wrote : yet another amazing vid. I'm assuming the ingame will look similar. I'm starting to seriously consider buying a Playstation 3 Smile

Wait until the game's out and confirmed never to be coming out on the 360 before you buy a Playstation 3. Peter Moore, Kojima and Konami have all hinted that it's not an exclusive title and the 360 costs much less for a machine of just about equal processing power and more graphics processing power.

Nah... I think I'll wait till next-generation consoles (next to Playstation 3). The prices should be low enough then Laughing

Azurite View user's profile Send private message

Alex: On the contrary, Kojima has been steadfast on the Playstation 3-exclusivity.

Konami executive Kazumi Kitaue may pull some strings, though.

The F-Man Leader of the F-Men™ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, July 22, 2007

mgs is one of my favorite series, but if this Playstation 3 exclusive I'm gonna have to miss this one.

wow you censor abbreviations? amazing....

0 / 2472