Content

Vegeta Model

Adas View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, March 04, 2006

Model was create in max 6, Rendered with Brazil Rio rs- , riged in max 8 >_>. I will post wires later. post constructive crits ... only <_< I want to Tag this for q3 in the future. Model created with my good friend Andrei >_>

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6947/vegielightings6xz.jpg

Thumb.jpg

Thumb.jpg

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

It's pretty nice, but a few crits.

The shoulders are too blocky, the hair doesnt resemble vegeta's, legs are a bit goofy(blocky) and he is a bit out of proportion.(Legs too short, hair too long)

Armor isn't really accurate, I suggest you redo that.

Skin wise, its pretty good, but you still have revise the blue parts, they are too blurry(Guessing your after the drawing(zeq2) style) and the lines arent on the right places.

armor will shurly be changed , I just need to get more refs, anyway I always thinked that the legs where 2 long ( thei where in the past) so I scaled them , acctauly the bones. yeah after riging and puting down the amrs they look blocky, but hahaah I have diferent envelope settings on them and 1 is kinda ok the other deforms bad, anyone knows how to mirror or copy envelopes?? I mostly used this budokai ref, and some others

by the way this forum is so easy and friendly to use, grat job on that!, >_> I dislike esforums I have to search like 20 mins to find smthing

thumb2.jpg

thumb2.jpg

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Guessing your after the drawing(zeq2) style) and the lines arent on the right places.

If he's going for ZEQ2 at all, that'd be the older ZEQ2 style (1 generation ago). We showcased that style on SV's Super Vegetto. It was actually adopted from a manga-based Q3 model of a dragon. I WOULD normally say that a few "other" mods just picked up on this style on their own as we did, but given the timeframes and how quickly these mods changed their styles to match SV's example made me frown and think otherwise Sad.

Overall, its not half-bad man. Like Devion said shape up the areas a bit more and rework the armor some. I would also make the face lines a lot more dark just to keep consistency with the rest of your skin style.

to be honest I was for Budokai style Razz but I always liked SV work, Acctualy I got some refs from here www.dbz-videogames.com you can really find some cool stuff ther, in the tenkaichi section. What is Buging me with rendering stuff like that is the lighting. COuse no default way of lighting exists... and you have to play with omnis a lot, until they match your expectations. here is a no shading version so you can see everything<_<

vegienoshding.jpg

vegienoshding.jpg

RiO View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, March 05, 2006

Adas wrote : What is Buging me with rendering stuff like that is the lighting. COuse no default way of lighting exists... and you have to play with omnis a lot, until they match your expectations. here is a no shading version so you can see everything<_<

Use 3-point lighting;

http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials/Jenns3pt_tut/3ptlighting.asp

Wink

thnx for the link, but are you sure that this 3 point thingy works with cell shading? I will have a professional tutorial soon about Lighting and corecting ink and paint, but till the moment I will have it I will sure experiment. You are using the 3 point thingy with zeq2 stuff?

-Edit- I Used 1 omni light _>_>_ couse that 3 point lighting werent doing the job, or I was making smthing wrong <_<

Test640.jpg

Test640.jpg

Shako Formerly a Dot View user's profile Send private message

I didnt knew that you posted it here *laughing out loud*, but nway I like it very much, its also a big improvment from your old models. =D

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

Is it just me or are his feet inhumanly short? Looks really scary and stubby.

>_< thx for your really usefull crits... I promise I will make them less scary...>_>

Dex View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, March 06, 2006

Yeah the Legs look a bit short I notes that to,but beside dat the model looks really smooth,good job keep it up.

I will think about those legs, couse I see its a point of a weider public. A will start ssj2 and majin today:) wish me luck. THis thread stays wide open for further coments Smile I will post majin and ssj2 here soon

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

Feet*

Legs look fine, the feet are too short.

0 / 2472