Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Dragon Ball Quake ?

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Who are you? j/ok Razz How could I forget you? Ah yes, I remember the first time I yelled at you for being a spamming uninformed participator, but you smartened up ;p Anyway throw me a PM or e-mail.
by the way if I remember correctly those videos were fairly close to DBQ's demise. I'm thinking less than a year before it went under.

Godbomber View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, April 05, 2007

Wow...I'm only a year late...

loof View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 17, 2007

reunion!!
I doubt anyone remembers me from dbq though.

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

loof wrote : reunion!!

Actually I do.... scary....

wow, I hope its something good you remember me for. I'm just being nostalgic with google as my guide.

I did dbq maps that never saw the light of day. Probably for the best though.

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

If only vox was here now Razz

what happened to spiderman df and vox?

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Oh my gawd, it's loof. I thought you fell off the edge of the earth of something?

shadowcast View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 18, 2007

loof wrote : what happened to spiderman df and vox?

Well spiderman dynamic forces is pretty much dead Crying or Very sad
I love spiderman, to bad they didnt finish it Sad

Forza View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Is it on purpose that loof is fool spelled backward?

vox View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, April 20, 2007

godbomber is the man, I probably still have his tracks too
I probably had a lot more alx songs but I still have a few unreleased ones perhaps

so the last days of dbq were dark
first there was the hacker who made all forum members have to reregister like 6 times
then they wanted to change it to more of a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 sort of mêlée
and then sith ended up using stolen code and leaking the game (there was another dbz mod with a lot of characters/effects seen in DBQ, turned out he was the same member on both teams)
I quit when sith and mic joined , but really
my whole interest in the game was mostly from the irc channel, where it was like a soap opera, every week another person quit
actually I liked their concepts and models better than bfp, so I joined that community first, knowing I had a better chance of being noticed in a smaller community.. I think I became a mod within my 2nd week of being a member, and the community had already been around since the Q2 days...

some cool people, I miss raedonwolf... it was actually him and loof that got me to join DF, they were members before I was
wolfs a 1man mod too, just look at the chitan website
"RaedonWolf : Project Coordinator, Coder, Mapper, Modeller, Animator , Skinner" he's done some pretty cool shaders for dbq too
him and alx were both aussies, and they were some of the chillest people I've met online

/nostalgia

nightz View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 25, 2007

well I saw this post and got totalled involved on it... First, I was one great follower of all DBZ mods...I loved 'em all with such a passion of a modder. Too bad my code experience wasnt that great those times... Well to talk about smdf, we got C&D from marvel and got loved....but we plan to continue it if we find some team and go with it over the rivalry of legends engine (http://www.timestopstudios.org) , correct-me if im wrong vox Wink

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 25, 2007

we plan to continue it if we find some team and go with it over the rivalry of legends engine

You could always use the Zios engine for such a project as well. It's what it's there for. Wink

vox View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, April 26, 2007

I don't care what engine it's on
unless the zios engine provides me with a team of talented designers...

the threat of marvel still looms over my head
dunno how to get around that

I'll contribute what I can, but I think nightz is just teasing me Razz
maybe when he's done focusing on ROL we can work together again, I'm looking foward to it

for the purpose of sticking on topic though... me and nightz are designing the concepts for the all new DBQ! minus all the wonderful artists that make the vaporware worth watching week to week

Reply with quote Thursday, April 26, 2007

hehe, well if you fancy putting those ideas to use, why don't you go talk to Sputterfish over at SoS's forums? Currently it's just him pottering away at it when he has time, so I'm sure he'd welcome them. Then again, I haven't seen him online for a couple of weeks :\

nightz View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 02, 2007

hehe, I would like to admit we don't exaclty need another guy for coding neither want to enter anothers person project. Im saying this not because im a studid jerk but because I like to know all aspects of the code and I can handle that very well. The idea behind dragonball games are marvelous but I think it needs a lot of work and talented people to get a pretty good game...Thats my 2 cents hehe

Reply with quote Friday, May 04, 2007

loof wrote : reunion!!

How could anyone forget about LooF Razz I remember way back all us old members of the forum were planning a get together, never happened, but I did go to Edmonton and met MikeSupafly (also known as Tenshinhah I think) and Carpetbutt. I still have ALX's music on my mp3 player. He seems to be doing pretty good now. He's done some stuff for TV, like Stargate Atlantis, if you've seen that. Raedonwolf, DaMaN and Sokidan were all working on a mod for HL2, but I believe they're on hold right now.

Showster View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 30, 2007

dbq is not entirely dead....... just like sos ........

Rolling Eyes

Good to know NeD's Goku is being put to some use. Actually I think it's been ported to esf as well, hasn't it?

Yea ned's goku has been in a ton of mods haha. I plugged that and Xpacmans kamis map into rol yday for laughs.

More than likely, though whether it's with permission or not is a different matter Wink HL sub-modding communities (ya know, like ones which lots of inexperienced people make their own addons for mods such as ESF or GMod) seem to lack ethics such as that. I remember the shitfit people threw over at PHWComics when I started banning people (after my strict warnings were ignored) for distributing models on there from retail games (e.g. Quake 4, FEAR, Oblivion etc.) that they had been ported to HL2 for use in GMod. The biggest arguement for it was "but I own the game and put a disclaimer on the download saying you must own the game!" That doesn't matter, it's still very much illegal.

Plakman View user's profile Send private message

hmm I guess it is ned's goku ^^
I've seen that mdl much now :S
AND do you mean that esf is inexperienced ??!!
well esf itself may be a little boring but if you combine it with ecx rc 2 it rocks !!
so it actually isn't that inexperienced like you say?
hmm ... still I think I don't know you don't I ?
I mean I know an alex on the corona forum ...
is that you or ... am I dreaming again ?? Very Happy

Alex is saying, esf folks used to have problems with altering peoples creations without getting permission.

He wasn't mentioning anything to do with the modification itself.

All I can say is that whatever I put up on forums is done by consent and asking people permission for donated work and such.

Plakman wrote : hmm I guess it is ned's goku ^^
I've seen that mdl much now :S
AND do you mean that esf is inexperienced ??!!
well esf itself may be a little boring but if you combine it with ecx rc 2 it rocks !!
so it actually isn't that inexperienced like you say?
hmm ... still I think I don't know you don't I ?
I mean I know an alex on the corona forum ...
is that you or ... am I dreaming again ?? Very Happy

Nope, that's not me. And yeah, I wasn't talking about the ESF team, I was talking about the fans who decide to put 'cool things' in to mods as custom content and do so by ripping off other people's work without second thought while taking full credit. Bid For Power had just as much of a problem, even to the extent of people accusing me of ripping off my own work Shocked

Plakman View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 31, 2007

oh yeah ...
like seeing a new release each month with thesame model by another author -_-
that is really getting boring Razz
but being accused of ripping of your own work ??? Razz that is just a little to far ^^

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

0 / 2472